- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 934240, 12 pages
Remaining Energy-Level-Based Transmission Power Control for Energy-Harvesting WSNs
Institute of Computer Application Technology, Hangzhou Dianzi University, Hangzhou 310018, China
Received 24 November 2011; Accepted 18 March 2012
Academic Editor: Jiming Chen
Copyright © 2012 Guojun Dai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz and M. C. Vuran, Wireless Sensor Networks, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2010.
- I. Demirkol, C. Ersoy, and F. Alagöz, “MAC protocols for wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 115–121, 2006.
- J. N. Al-Karaki and A. E. Kamal, “Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 6–28, 2004.
- J. N. Al-Karaki, R. Ul-Mustafa, and A. E. Kamal, “Data aggregation and routing in wireless sensor networks: optimal and heuristic algorithms,” Computer Networks, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 945–960, 2009.
- M. L. Sichitiu, “Cross-layer scheduling for power efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 23rd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '04), pp. 1740–1750, Hong Kong, China, March 2004.
- J. Qiu, B. Lin, P. Liu, S. Zhang, and G. Dai, “Energy level based transmission power control scheme for energy harvesting WSNs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Communications Conference, pp. 1–6, Houston, Tex, USA, December 2011.
- P. Dutta, J. Hui, J. Jeong et al., “Trio: enabling sustainable and scalable outdoor wireless sensor network deployments,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '06), pp. 407–415, Nashville, Tenn, USA, April 2006.
- P. Corke, P. Valencia, P. Sikka, T. Wark, and L. Overs, “Long-duration solar-powered wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNets '07), pp. 33–37, Cork, Ireland, June 2007.
- X. Jiang, J. Polastre, and D. Culler, “Perpetual environmentally powered sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '05), pp. 463–468, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, April 2005.
- C. Park and P. H. Chou, “AmbiMax: autonomous energy harvesting platform for multi-supply wireless sensor nodes,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Annual IEEE Communications Society on Sensor and Ad hoc Communications and Networks (SECON '06), pp. 168–177, September 2006.
- F. Simjee and P. H. Chou, “Everlast: Long-life, supercapacitor-operated wireless sensor node,” in Proceedings of the 11th ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED '06), pp. 197–202, Tegernsee Germany, October 2006.
- T. Zhu, Z. Zhong, Y. Gu, T. He, and Z. L. Zhang, “Leakage-aware energy synchronization for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys '09), pp. 319–332, Kraków, Poland, June 2009.
- A. Kansal, J. Hsu, S. Zahedi, and M. B. Srivastave, “Power management in energy harvesting sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 6, no. 4, 2007.
- R. S. Liu, P. Sinha, and C. E. Koksal, “Joint energy management and resource allocation in rechargeable sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE (INFOCOM '10), Columbus, Ohio, USA, March 2010.
- D. Hasenfratz, A. Meier, C. Moser, J. J. Chen, and L. Thiele, “Analysis, comparison, and optimization of routing protocols for energy harvesting wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing (SUTC '10), IEEE International Workshop on Ubiquitous and Mobile Computing (UMC '10), pp. 19–26, June 2010.
- M. Cao, V. Raghunathan, S. Hanly, V. Sharma, and P. R. Kumar, “Power control and transmission scheduling for network utility maximization in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '07), pp. 5215–5221, December 2007.
- R. L. Cruz and A. V. Santhanam, “Optimal routing, link scheduling and power control in multi-hop wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, vol. 1, pp. 702–711, April 2003.
- L. H. A. Correia, D. F. Macedo, A. L. dos Santos, A. A. F. Loureiro, and J. M. S. Nogueira, “Transmission power control techniques for wireless sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 17, pp. 4765–4779, 2007.
- J. Jeong, D. Culler, and J. H. Oh, “Empirical analysis of transmission power control algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS '07), pp. 27–34, Braunschweig, Germany, June 2007.
- L. Peng, S. Zhang, J. Qiu, and G. Dai, “Building surface mounted wireless sensor network for air conditioner energy auditing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM '11), pp. 738–743, Shanghai, China, April 2011.