- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 937462, 12 pages
Node Classification Based on Functionality in Energy-Efficient and Reliable Wireless Sensor Networks
1Department of Computer Science, Chungbuk National University, 52 Naesudong-ro, Cheongju 361-763, Republic of Korea
2Department of Software Engineering, Chungbuk National University, 52 Naesudong-ro, Cheongju 361-763, Republic of Korea
Received 27 May 2012; Revised 24 September 2012; Accepted 30 November 2012
Academic Editor: Regina B. Araujo
Copyright © 2012 Ning Sun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Al Ameen, S. M. R. Islam, and K. Kwak, “Energy saving mechanisms for MAC protocols in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2010, Article ID 163413, 16 pages, 2010.
- Shio Kumar Singh, M. P. Singh, and D. K. Singh, “A survey of energy-efficient hierarchical cluster-based routing in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 570–580, 2010.
- A. A. Abbasi and M. Younis, “A survey on clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 30, no. 14-15, pp. 2826–2841, 2007.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, “HEED: a hybrid, energy-efficient, distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 366–379, 2004.
- Y. Challal, A. Ouadjaout, N. Lasla, M. Bagaa, and A. Hadjidj, “Secure and efficient disjoint multipath construction for fault tolerant routing in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 1380–1397, 2011.
- W. Lou and Y. Kwon, “H-SPREAD: a hybrid multipath scheme for secure and reliable data collection in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1320–1330, 2006.
- Y. Jing, X. Mai, X. Jinfu, X. Baoguo, and H. Lu, “A cluster-based multipath delivery scheme for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Broadband Network and Multimedia Technology (IEEE IC-BNMT'09), pp. 286–291, Beijing, China, October 2009.
- S. M. Xiong, L. M. Wang, and J. Y. Wu, “Energy-efficient hierarchical topology control in wireless sensor networks using time slots,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC'08), pp. 33–39, chn, July 2008.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “An energy-efficient MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 21st Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM'02), vol. 3, pp. 1567–1576, 2002.
- C. Karlof and D. Wagner, “Secure routing in wireless sensor networks: attacks and countermeasures,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 1, no. 2-3, pp. 293–315, 2003.
- H. Huang, Y. Xu, Y. E. Sun, and L. Huang, “Cluster-based load balancing multi-path routing protocol in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA'08), pp. 6686–6691, Chongqing, China, June 2008.
- N. Sun, Y. B. Cho, and S. H. Lee, “A distributed energy efficient and reliable routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, pp. 273–278, Liaoning, China, August 2011.
- A. Boukerche, R. W. N. Pazzi, and R. B. Araujo, “Fault-tolerant wireless sensor network routing protocols for the supervision of context-aware physical environments,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 586–599, 2006.
- G. Gupta and M. Younis, “Fault-tolerant clustering of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 3, pp. 1579–1584, New Orleans, La, USA, March 2003.