- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 940302, 11 pages
Investigation of Uncoordinated Coexisting IEEE 802.15.4 Networks with Sleep Mode for Machine-to-Machine Communications
1School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University, Birmingham B47ET, UK
2College of Engineering, Swansea University, Wales SA28PP, UK
Received 20 April 2012; Revised 15 June 2012; Accepted 25 June 2012
Academic Editor: Lin Bai
Copyright © 2012 Chao Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Q. Hu, Y. Qian, H. H. Chen, and A. Jamalipour, “Recent progress in machine-to-machine communications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 24–26, 2011.
- R. Lu, X. Li, X. Liang, X. Shen, and X. Lin, “GRS: the green, reliability, and security of emerging machine to machine communications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 28–35, 2011.
- Z. M. Fadlullah, M. M. Fouda, N. Kato, A. Takeuchi, N. Iwasaki, and Y. Nozaki, “Toward intelligent machine-to-machine communications in smart grid,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 60–65, 2011.
- S. Y. Lien and K. C. Chen, “Massive access management for QoS guarantees in 3GPP machine-to-machine communications,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 311–313, 2011.
- “IEEE standard for information technology- local and metropolitan area networks- specific requirements- part 15. 4: wireless medium access control (mac) and physical layer (phy) specifications for low rate wireless personal area networks (wpans),” IEEE Standards 802. 15. 4-2006 (Revision of IEEE Std 802. 15. 4-2003), vol. 7, pp. 1 –320, 2006.
- J. Zheng and M. Lee, “A comprehensive performance study of IEEE 802. 15. 4,” Sensor Network Operations, pp. 218–237, 2004.
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, and M. Di Francesco, “A comprehensive analysis of the MAC unreliability problem in IEEE 802.15.4 wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 52–65, 2011.
- K. Yedavalli and B. Krishnamachari, “Enhancement of the IEEE 802.15.4 MAC protocol for scalable data collection in dense sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (Wiopt'08), pp. 152–161, April 2008.
- J. Mišić, S. Shafi, and V. B. Mišić, “Performance of a beacon enabled IEEE 802.15.4 cluster with downlink and uplink traffic,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 361–376, 2006.
- I. Das and S. Roy, “Analysis of the contention access period of ieee 802. 15. 4 mac,” Tech. Rep. UWEETR-2006-0003, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 2006.
- Z. Tao, S. Panwar, D. Gu, and J. Zhang, “Performance analysis and a proposed improvement for the IEEE 802.15.4 contention access period,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC'06), pp. 1811–1818, April 2006.
- J. He, Z. Tang, H. H. Chen, and S. Wang, “An accurate Markov model for slotted CSMA/CA algorithm in IEEE 802.15.4 networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 420–422, 2008.
- S. Pollin, M. Ergen, S. C. Ergen et al., “Performance analysis of slotted carrier sense IEEE 802.15.4 medium access layer,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 3359–3371, 2008.
- C. K. Singh, A. Kumar, and P. M. Ameer, “Performance evaluation of an IEEE 802.15.4 sensor network with a star topology,” Wireless Networks, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 543–568, 2008.
- P. Park, P. Di Marco, P. Soldati, C. Fischione, and K. H. Johansson, “A generalized Markov chain model for effective analysis of slotted IEEE 802.15.4,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 6th International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '09), pp. 130–139, October 2009.
- J. He, Z. Tang, H. H. Chen, and Q. Zhang, “An accurate and scalable analytical model for IEEE 802.15.4 slotted CSMA/CA networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 440–448, 2009.
- T. R. Park, T. H. Kim, J. Y. Choi, S. Choi, and W. H. Kwon, “Throughput and energy consumption analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 slotted CSMA/CA,” Electronics Letters, vol. 41, no. 18, pp. 1017–1019, 2005.