- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 954398, 8 pages
A Network Coding Based Rarest-First Packet Recovery Algorithm for Transmitting Geocast Packets over Hybrid Sensor-Vehicular Networks
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Southern Taiwan University, Tainan, Taiwan
Received 27 October 2011; Revised 8 January 2012; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Tz-Heng Hsu and Ying-Chen Lo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Maihofer, “A survey of geocast routing protocols,” IEEE Communications, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 32–42, 2004.
- Y.-B. Ko and N. H. Vaidya, “Geocasting in mobile ad hoc networks: location-based multicast algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 101–110, New Orleans, La, USA, 1999.
- Y.-B. Ko and N. H. Vaidya, “Location-Aided Routing (LAR) in mobile ad hoc networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 307–321, 2000.
- T. H. Hsu, Y. C. Lo, and M. S. Chiang, “A network coding based geocasting mechanism in vehicle ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Ubiquitous Computing and Multimedia Applications (UCMA '11), pp. 223–232, Republic of Korea, 2011.
- I. Stojmenovic, A. P. Ruhil, and D. K. Lobiyal, “Voronoi diagram and convex hull based geocasting and routing in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Computers and Communication, pp. 51–56, Canada, 2003.
- J. Boleng, T. Camp, and V. Tolety, “Mesh-based geocast routing protocols in an ad hoc network,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, pp. 1924–1933, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2001.
- Y. B. Ko and N. H. Vaidya, “GeoTORA: a protocol for geocasting in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Network Protocols, pp. 240–250, 2000.
- Y. B. Ko and N. H. Vaidya, “Anycasting-based protocol for geocast service in mobile ad hoc networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 743–760, 2003.
- K. Seada and A. Helmy, “Efficient geocasting with perfect delivery in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '04), vol. 4, pp. 2551–2556, 2004.
- R. Ahlswede, N. Cai, S. Y. R. Li, and R. W. Yeung, “Network information flow,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1204–1216, 2000.
- S. Y. R. Li, R. W. Yeung, and N. Cai, “Linear network coding,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 371–381, 2003.
- D. S. Lun, N. Ratnakar, R. Koetter, M. Médard, E. Ahmed, and H. Lee, “Achieving minimum-cost multicast: a decentralized approach based on network coding,” in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1608–1617, March 2005.
- S. Katti, D. Katabi, W. Hu, and R. Hariharan, “The importance of being opportunistic: practical network coding for wireless environments,” in Proceedings of the 43rd Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Monticello, Va, USA, 2005.
- W. Xiuchao, “Simulate 802.11b Channel within NS2,” 2004, http://cir.nus.edu.sg/reactivetcp/report/80211ChannelinNS2_new.pdf.