- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 957606, 11 pages
Broadcasting with Least Redundancy in Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Electronic and Communication Engineering, College of Marine, Northwestern Polytechnical University, 710072 Xi’an, China
Received 4 July 2012; Revised 10 October 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editor: Deyun Gao
Copyright © 2012 Ruiqin Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. W. Ha, Y. K. Lee, T. H. N. Vu, Y. J. Jung, and K. H. Ryu, “An environmental monitoring system for managing spatiotemporal sensor data over sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 12, pp. 3997–4015, 2012.
- Y. Ni, Y. C. Tseng, Y. S. Chen, and J. P. Sheu, “The broadcast storm problems in a mobile ad hoc network,” in Proceedings of the 5th annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '99), pp. 151–162, Seattle, Wash, USA, August 1999.
- W. Peng and X. C. Lu, “On the reduction of broadcast redundancy in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing (MobiHoc '00), pp. 129–130, 2000.
- M. T. Sun and T. H. Lai, “Location aided broadcast in wireless ad hoc network systems,” in Proceedings of the Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '02), pp. 597–602, Orlando, Fla, USA, March 2002.
- N. B. Chang and M. Liu, “Controlled flooding search in a large network,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 436–449, 2007.
- J. Wu and F. Dai, “A generic distributed broadcast scheme in ad hoc wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 1343–1354, 2004.
- J. E. Wieselthier, G. D. Nguyen, and A. Ephremides, “On the construction of energy-efficient broadcast and multicast trees in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 19th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '00), pp. 585–594, Tel-Aviv, Israel, March 2000.
- P. J. Wan, G. Cǎlinescu, X. Y. Li, and O. Frieder, “Minimum-energy broadcast routing in static ad hoc wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 1162–1171, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, April 2001.
- M. Cagalj, J. P. Hubaux, and C. Enz, “Minimum-energy broadcast in all-wireless networks: NP-completeness and distribution issues,” in Proceedings of The 8th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 172–182, Atlanta, Ga, USA, September 2002.
- S. Agathos and E. Papapetrou, “Efficient broadcasting using packet history in mobile ad hoc networks,” IET Communications, vol. 5, no. 15, pp. 2196–2205, 2011.
- R. Gandhi, A. Mishra, and S. Parthasarathy, “Minimizing broadcast latency and redundancy in ad hoc networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 840–851, 2008.
- M. Khabbazian and V. K. Bhargava, “Efficient broadcasting in mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 231–245, 2009.
- M. Khabbazian and V. K. Bhargava, “Localized broadcasting with guaranteed delivery and bounded transmission redundancy,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 1072–1086, 2008.
- K. A. M. Almahorg, S. Naik, and X. Shen, “Efficient localized protocols to compute connected dominating sets for ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 53rd IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM '10), usa, December 2010.
- M. T. Al Amin, S. Barua, S. Vhaduri, and A. Rahman, “Load aware broadcast in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '09), Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
- S. Leu and R. S. Chang, “Simple algorithm for solving broadcast storm in mobile ad hoc network,” IET Communications, vol. 5, no. 16, pp. 2356–2363, 2011.
- M. Agarwal, J. H. Cho, L. Gao, and J. Wu, “Energy efficient broadcast in wireless ad hoc networks with hitch-hiking,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '04), pp. 2096–2107, Hong Kong, China, March 2004.
- W. Z. Song, X. Y. Li, O. Frieder, and W. Z. Wang, “Localized topology control for unicast and broadcast in wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 321–334, 2006.
- F. Ingelrest and D. Simplot-Ryl, “Localized broadcast incremental power protocol for wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC '05), pp. 28–33, June 2005.
- M. Sheng, J. Li, and Y. Shi, “Relative degree adaptive flooding broadcast algorithm for Ad hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 216–222, 2005.
- R. Q. Zhao, A. J. Wen, Z. J. Liu, and P. Yue, “Maximum life-time localized broadcast routing in MANET,” in Proceedings of the IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing (NPC '07), pp. 193–202, Dalian, China, August 2007.
- J. P. Sheu, C. S. Hsu, and Y. J. Chang, “Efficient broadcasting protocols for regular wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 35–48, 2006.
- Y. W. Hong and A. Scaglione, “Energy-efficient broadcasting with cooperative transmissions in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 2844–2855, 2006.
- J. P. Sheu, S. C. Tu, and C. H. Yu, “A distributed query protocol in wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 449–464, 2007.
- C. R. Mann, R. O. Baldwin, J. P. Kharoufeh, and B. E. Mullins, “A trajectory-based selective broadcast query protocol for large-scale, high-density wireless sensor networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 35, no. 1-2, pp. 67–86, 2007.
- F. Ye, G. Zhong, S. Lu, and L. Zhang, “GRAdient broadcast: a robust data delivery protocol for large scale sensor networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 285–298, 2005.
- M. Maróti, “Directed flood-routing framework for wireless sensor networks.,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Conference on Middleware (Middleware '04), vol. 3231 of LNCS, pp. 99–114, 2004.
- R. Q. Zhao, Z. J. Liu, and A. J. Wen, “An efficient energy-saving broadcast mechanisim for wireless sensor networks,” Chinese Journal of Electronics’, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2457–2462, 2009.
- A. Durresi, V. K. Paruchuri, S. S. Iyengar, and R. Kannan, “Optimized broadcast protocol for sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 1013–1024, 2005.
- A. Durresi and V. Paruchuri, “Broadcast protocol for energy-constrained networks,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 112–119, 2007.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS-33), p. 223, January 2000.
- R. Q. Zhao, “Optimized broadcast model for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communication Letters. In press.