- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 969712, 10 pages
Near-Ground Path Loss Measurements and Modeling for Wireless Sensor Networks at 2.4 GHz
1National Key Laboratory for Electronic Measurement Technology, North University of China, Taiyuan 030051, China
2Key Laboratory of Instrumentation Science and Dynamic Measurement of The Ministry of Education, North University of China, Taiyuan 030051, China
3North Automatic Control Technology Institute, CNGC, Taiyuan 030006, China
Received 25 March 2012; Revised 18 June 2012; Accepted 29 June 2012
Academic Editor: George P. Efthymoglou
Copyright © 2012 Daihua Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Fitzhugh, J. Frolik, R. Ketcham, J. Covell, and T. Meyer, “Multipath fading in airframes at 2.4 GHz,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Annual Conference on Wireless and Microwave Technology (WAMICON '05), pp. 162–165, Clearwater, Fla, USA, April 2005.
- A. Fanimokun and J. Frolik, “Effects of natural propagation environments on wireless sensor network coverage area,” in Proceedings of the 35th Southeastern Symposium on System Theory, pp. 16–20, Morgantown, WVa, USA, March 2003.
- A. Martínez-Sala, J. M. Molina-Garcia-Pardo, E. Egea-López, J. Vales-Alonso, L. Juan-Llacer, and J. García-Haro, “An accurate radio channel model for wireless sensor networks simulation,” Journal of Communications and Networks, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 401–406, 2005.
- A. Hugine, H. I. Volos, J. Gaeddert, and R. M. Buehrer, “Measurement and characterization of the near-ground indoor ultra wideband channel,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '06), pp. 1062–1067, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, April 2006.
- J. Karedal, S. Wyne, P. Almers, F. Tufvesson, and A. F. Molisch, “A measurement-based statistical model for industrial ultra-wideband channels,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 3028–3037, 2007.
- K. Phaebua, C. Phongcharoenpanich, D. Torrungrueng, and J. Chinrungrueng, “Short-distance and near-ground signal measurements in a car park of wireless sensor network system at 433 MHz,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON '08), pp. 241–244, Krabi, Thailand, May 2008.
- K. Sohrabi, B. Manriquez, and G. J. Pottie, “Near ground wideband channel measurement in 800-1000 MHz,” in Proceedings of the IEEE VTS 50th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '99), pp. 571–575, Houston, Tex, USA, September 1999.
- R. A. Foran, T. B. Welch, and M. J. Walker, “Very near ground radio frequency propagation measurements and analysis for military applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM '99), pp. 336–340, Atlantic City, NJ, USA, November 1999.
- T. B. Welch, J. N. Wood, R. W. I. McFarlin et al., “Very near ground RF propagation measurements for wireless systems,” in Proceedings of the 51st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '00), pp. 2556–2558, Tokyo, Japan, May 2000.
- G. G. Joshi, C. B. Dietrich Jr., C. R. Anderson et al., “Near-ground channel measurements over line-of-sight and forested paths,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 589–596, 2005.
- Y. S. Meng, Y. H. Lee, and B. C. Ng, “Near ground channel characterization and modeling for a tropical forested path,” 2011, http://www.ursi.org/proceedings/procGA08/papers/FP1p10.pdf.
- R. Urban and S. Zvánovec, “Dispersion and pulse interferences investigation for UWB signal propagation,” Radioengineering, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 60–65, 2008.
- J. C. R. Dal Bello, G. L. Siqueira, and H. L. Bertoni, “Theoretical analysis and measurement results of vegetation effects on path loss for mobile cellular communication systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1285–1293, 2000.
- R. Akl, D. Tummala, and X. Li, “Indoor propagation modeling at 2.4 GHz for IEEE 802.11 networks,” 2011, http://www.cse.unt.edu/~rakl/ATL06.pdf.
- T. S. Rappaport, Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2001.
- A. Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2005.
- H. H. Xia, H. L. Bertoni, L. R. Maciel, A. Lindsay-Stewart, and R. Rowe, “Radio propagation characteristics for line-of-sight microcellular and personal communications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1439–1446, 1993.
- J. Lavergnat and M. Sylvain, Radio-Wave Propagation: Principles and Technique, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- J. D. Parsons, The Mobile Radio Propagation Channel, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.