- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 975147, 14 pages
Anchor-Node-Based Distributed Localization with Error Correction in Wireless Sensor Networks
1School of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Cheoncheon-dong, Jangan-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 440-746, Republic of Korea
2Department of Computer Engineering, Hankyong National University, 327 Chungang-no, Anseong-si, Gyeonggi-do 456-749, Republic of Korea
3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, 723 W. Michigan Street SL160, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Received 2 November 2011; Accepted 18 January 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Taeyoung Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “A survey on sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102–114, 2002.
- G. Djuknic and R. Richton, “Geolocation and assisted GPS,” IEEE Computer, vol. 34, pp. 123–125, 2001.
- C. Wang and X. Li, “Sensor localization under limited measurement capabilities,” IEEE Network, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 16–23, 2007.
- A. Boukerche, H. A. B. F. Oliveira, E. F. Nakamura, and A. A. F. Loureiro, “Localization systems for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 6–12, 2007.
- G. J. Pottie and W. J. Kaiser, “Wireless integrated network sensors,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 51–58, 2000.
- N. B. Priyantha, A. Chakraborty, and H. Balakrishnan, “Cricket location-support system,” in Proceedings of the6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM'00), pp. 32–43, August 2000.
- A. Savvides, C. C. Han, and M. B. Strivastava, “Dynamic fine-grained localization in ad-hoc networks of sensors,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 166–179, July 2001.
- J. Hightower and G. Borriello, “Location systems for ubiquitous computing,” Computer, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 57–66, 2001.
- T. Cong and I. Koo, “An RSS-based localization scheme using direction calibration and reliability factor information for wireless sensor networks,” KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 45–61, 2010.
- N. Bulusu, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “GPS-less low-cost outdoor localization for very small devices,” IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 28–34, 2000.
- L. Doherty, K. S. J. Pister, and L. El Ghaoui, “Convex position estimation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 1655–1663, April 2001.
- D. Niculescu and B. Nath, “Ad Hoc Positioning System (APS),” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM '01), pp. 2926–2931, November 2001.
- J. P. Sheu, J. M. Li, and C. S. Hsu, “A distributed location estimating algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing, pp. 218–225, June 2006.
- L. Hu and D. Evans, “Localization for mobile sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom'04), pp. 45–57, October 2004.
- M. Rudafshani and S. Datta, “Localization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '07), pp. 51–60, April 2007.
- R. Stoleru, P. Vicaire, T. He, and J. A. Stankovic, “StarDust: a flexible architecture for passive localization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys'06), pp. 57–70, 2006.
- A. Baggio and K. Langendoen, “Monte-Carlo localization for mobile wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (MSN'06), pp. 317–328, December 2006.
- T. He, C. Huang, B. M. Blum, J. A. Stankovic, and T. Abdelzaher, “Range-free localization schemes for large scale sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, (MobiCom'03), pp. 81–95, September 2003.
- P. Liu, X. Zhang, S. Tian, Z. Zhao, and P. Sun, “A novel virtual anchor node-based localization algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Networking, (ICN'07), April 2007.
- H. Mirehrahim and M. Dehghan, “Monte Carlo localization of mobile sensor networks using the position information of neighbor nodes,” in Proceedings of the Springer ADHOC-NOW, pp. 270–283, August 2009.
- J. P. Sheu, P. C. Chen, and C. S. Hsu, “A distributed localization scheme for wireless sensor networks with improved grid-scan and vector-based refinement,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 9, Article ID 4468707, pp. 1110–1123, 2008.
- T. Kim, M. Shon, W. Choi, M. Song, and H. Choo, “Low-cost two-hop anchor node-based distributed range-free localization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the ICCSA, pp. 165–174, March 2010.
- T. Kim, M. Shon, M. Kim, D. Kim, and H. Choo, “Reducing error propagation on anchor node-based distributed localization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Ubiquitous Computing and Multimedia Applications (UCMA '11), pp. 22–28, April 2011.
- Y. Wang, X. Wang, D. Wang, and D. P. Agrawal, “Range-free localization using expected hop progress in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1540–1552, 2009.
- X. Wang, QoS issues and QoS constrained design of wireless sensor network, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Cincinnati, 2006.
- B. N. Clark, C. J. Colbourn, and D. S. Johnson, “Unit disk graphs,” Discrete Mathematics, vol. 86, no. 1-3, pp. 165–177, 1990.