- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 981380, 14 pages
A Vascular-Network-Based Nonuniform Hierarchical Fault-Tolerant Routing Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks
1School of Automation, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400030, China
2School of Computer Science and Engineering, Chongqing Three Gorges University, Chongqing 404100, China
3School of Software Engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400030, China
Received 10 April 2012; Revised 7 August 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editor: Mugen Peng
Copyright © 2012 Hongbing Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, “Wireless sensor network survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2292–2330, 2008.
- L. Paradis and Q. Han, “A survey of fault management in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Systems Management, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 171–190, 2007.
- X. Wang, G. Xing, Y. Zhang, C. Lu, R. Pless, and C. Gill, “Integrated coverage and connectivity configuration in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), pp. 28–39, November 2003.
- R. A. F. Mini, A. A. F. Loureiro, and B. Nath, “The distinctive design characteristic of a wireless sensor network: the energy map,” Computer Communications, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 935–945, 2004.
- R. Badonnel, R. State, and O. Festor, “Management of mobile ad hoc networks: information model and probe-based architecture,” International Journal of Network Management, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 335–347, 2005.
- H. Alwan and A. Agarwal, “A survey on fault tolerant routing techniques in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM '09), pp. 366–371, June 2009.
- P. Djukic and S. Valaee, “Minimum energy fault tolerant sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference Workshops (GLOBECOM '04), pp. 22–26, December 2004.
- N. M. Hoang and V. N. Son, “Disjoint and braided multipath routing for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International symposium on Electrical & Electronics Engineering, pp. 11–12, 2005.
- Y. Challal, A. Ouadjaout, N. Lasla, M. Bagaa, and A. Hadjidj, “Secure and efficient disjoint multipath construction for fault tolerant routing in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 1380–1397, 2011.
- T. A. Babbitt, C. Morrell, B. K. Szymanski, and J. W. Branch, “Self-selecting reliable paths for wireless sensor network routing,” Computer Communications, vol. 31, no. 16, pp. 3799–3809, 2008.
- R. Luigi, “Effective erasure codes for reliable computer communication protocols,” Computer Communication Review, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 24–36, 1997.
- P. Djukic and S. Valaee, “Reliable packet transmissions in multipath routed wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 548–559, 2006.
- S. Dulman, S. Nieberg, J. Wu, and P. Havinga, “Trade-off between traffic overhead and reliability in multipath routing for wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Communications and Networking, no. 3, pp. 1918–1922, 2003.
- A. Boukerche, R. Werner Nelem Pazzi, and R. Borges Araujo, “Fault-tolerant wireless sensor network routing protocols for the supervision of context-aware physical environments,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 586–599, 2006.
- T. Bokareva, N. Bulusu, and S. Jha, “SASHA: toward a self-healing hybrid sensor network architecture,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNetS-II '05), pp. 71–78, May 2005.
- A. Jabbari and W. Lang, “Advanced bio-inspired plausibility checking in a wireless sensor network using Neuro-immune systems: autonomous fault diagnosis in an intelligent transportation system,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM '10), pp. 108–114, July 2010.
- B. Atakan and O. B. Akan, “Immune system based distributed node and rate selection in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information and Computing Systems (BIONETICS '06), December 2006.
- T. Rui, L. Kenji, and Z. Bing, “Immune system inspired reliable query dissemination in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Artificial Immune Systems, pp. 282–293, 2011.
- Y. J. Chen, S. F. Yuan, J. Wu, and Y. J. Zhang, “Performance optimization for wireless sensor networks based on immune system,” Systems Engineering and Electronics, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1065–1069, 2010.
- Y. Hu, Y. Ding, and K. Hao, “An immune cooperative particle swarm optimization algorithm for fault-tolerant routing optimization in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 743728, 19 pages, 2012.
- Q. Li, B.-H. Zhang, L.-G. Cui, Z. Fan, and A. V. Vasilakos, “Immunizations on small worlds of tree-based wireless sensor networks,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 21, no. 5, Article ID 050205, 2012.
- H. M. Salmon, C. M. de Farias, P. Loureiro, et al., “Intrusion detection system for wireless sensor networks using danger theory immune-inspired techniques,” International Journal of Wireless Information Networks. In press.
- K.-I. Goh, G. Salvi, B. Kahng, and D. Kim, “Skeleton and fractal scaling in complex networks,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 96, no. 1, 2006.
- I. Ahmed, M. Peng, and W. Wang, “Energy efficient cooperative nodes selection in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshops (ICPPW '07), p. 50, September 2007.
- I. Ahmed, M. Peng, W. Wang, and S. I. Shah, “Joint rate and cooperative MIMO scheme optimization for uniform energy distribution in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1072–1078, 2009.
- S. Lindsey, C. Raghavendra, and K. M. Sivalingam, “Data gathering algorithms in sensor networks using energy metrics,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 924–935, 2002.