- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 124786, 11 pages
Stair Scheduling for Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks
1Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences (IIIS), Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
2NEC Laboratories, Beijing, China
Received 19 August 2012; Accepted 15 January 2013
Academic Editor: Liusheng Huang
Copyright © 2013 Jinbiao Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Wang and Y. Wang, Distributed Storage and Parallel Processing in Large-Scale Wireless Sensor Networks, vol. 20 of High Performance Computing: From Grids and Clouds to Exascale, IOS Press, 2011.
- M. Medidi and Y. Zhou, “Extending lifetime with differential duty cycles in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 50th Annual IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '07), pp. 1033–1037, November 2007.
- M. Demirbas, K. Y. Chow, and C. S. Wan, “INSIGHT: internet-sensor integration for habitat monitoring,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM '06), pp. 553–558, IEEE Computer Society, June 2006.
- J. Deng, Y. S. Han, W. B. Heinzelman, and P. K. Varshney, “Scheduling sleeping nodes in high density cluster-based sensor networks,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 825–835, 2005.
- D. Tian and N. D. Georganas, “A coverage-preserving node scheduling scheme for large wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications, pp. 32–41, ACM, September 2002.
- X. Wu, J. Cho, B. dAuriol, and S. Lee, “Sleep nodes scheduling in Cluster-Based heterogeneous sensor networks using AHP,” in Embedded Software and Systems, Y. Lee, H. Kim, J. Kim, Y. Park, L. Yang, and S. Kim, Eds., vol. 4523 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 437–444, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- J. Paek, B. Greenstein, O. Gnawali et al., “The tenet architecture for tiered sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 6, no. 4, article 34, 2010.
- Y. Wang, Y. Wang, H. Tan, and F. C. M. Lau, “Maximizing network lifetime online by localized probabilistic load balancing,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Ad-hoc, Mobile, and Wireless Networks (ADHOC-NOW ’11), pp. 332–345, Springer, 2011.
- S. Bhattacharjee and N. Das, “Distributed data gathering scheduling in multihop wireless sensor networks for improved lifetime,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing: Theory and Applications (ICCTA '07), pp. 46–50, IEEE Computer Society, March 2007.
- Y. Wang, D. Wang, W. Fu, and D. P. Agrawal, “Hops-based sleep scheduling algorithm for enhancing lifetime of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Sysetems (MASS '06), pp. 709–714, October 2006.
- W. Pak, J. G. Choi, and S. Bahk, “Tier based anycast to achieve maximum lifetime by duty cycle control in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC '08), pp. 123–128, August 2008.
- I. Caragiannis, C. Kaklamanis, and P. Kanellopoulos, “New results for Energy-Efficient broadcasting in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC ’02), pp. 332–343, Springer, 2002.
- M. Maroti, B. Kusy, G. Simon, and A. Ledeczi, “Robust multi-hop time synchronization in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN '04), pp. 454–460, June 2004.
- S. Lindsey and C. Raghavendra, “PEGASIS: power-efficient gathering in sensor information systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings, vol. 3, pp. 3-1125–3-1130, 2002.
- S. Commuri and V. Tadigotla, “Dynamic data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 22nd International Symposium on Intelligent Control (ISIC '07), pp. 1–6, October 2007.
- C. Wu and Y. Chung, “Heterogeneous wireless sensor network deployment and topology control based on irregular sensor model,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Advances in Grid and Pervasive Computing (GPC ’07), pp. 78–88, Springer, 2007.
- L. Zhao, X. Hong, and Q. Liang, “Energy-efficient self-organization for wireless sensor networks: a fully distributed approach,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '04), pp. 2728–2732, December 2004.
- J. Yuan, Z. Li, W. Yu, and B. Li, “A cross-layer optimization framework for multicast in multi-hop wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Wireless Internet (WICON '05), pp. 47–54, July 2005.
- Y. Wang, D. Han, Q. Zhao, X. Guan, and D. Zheng, “Clusters partition and sensors configuration for target tracking in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems (ICESS ’05), pp. 333–338, Springer, 2005.