- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 141480, 9 pages
Spectrum Sensing for Cognitive Coexistent Heterogeneous Networks
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2-no-cho, Nishi-ku, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
Received 7 June 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013
Academic Editor: Hongli Xu
Copyright © 2013 Bingxuan Zhao and Shigenobu Sasaki. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- FCC, “Spectrum policy task force Report,” ET Docket No.02-135, 2002.
- M. A. McHenry, E. Livsics, T. Nguyen, and N. Majumdar, “XG dynamic spectrum access field test results,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 51–57, 2007.
- R. Yu, Y. Zhang, L. Yi, S. Xie, L. Song, and M. Guizani, “Secondary users cooperation in cognitive radio networks: balancing sensing accuracy and efficiency,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 30–37, 2012.
- G. P. Villardi, Y. D. Alemseged, C. Sun et al., “Enabling coexistence of multiple cognitive networks in TV white space,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 32–40, 2011.
- A. T. Hoang, Y.-C. Liang, and M. H. Islam, “Power control and channel allocation in cognitive radio networks with primary users' cooperation,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 348–360, 2010.
- H. Khaleel, F. Penna, C. Pastrone, R. Tomasi, and M. A. Spirito, “Frequency agile wireless sensor networks: design and implementation,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1599–1608, 2012.
- H.-S. Chen, W. Gao, and D. G. Daut, “Signature based spectrum sensing algorithms for IEEE 802.22 WRAN,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '07), pp. 6487–6492, Glasgow, Scotland, June 2007.
- T. Yücek and H. Arslan, “A survey of spectrum sensing algorithms for cognitive radio applications,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 116–130, 2009.
- B. Zhao and S. Sasaki, “A blind power differentiation scheme for energy detection-based spectrum sensing,” in Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Networks, pp. 320–325, Singapore, 2012.
- C. Ghosh, S. Roy, and D. Cavalcanti, “Coexistence challenges for heterogeneous cognitive wireless networks in TV white spaces,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 22–31, 2011.
- J. Luo, J. Wang, Q. Li, and S. Li, “GLRT based cooperative spectrum sensing with soft combination in heterogeneous networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks, pp. 389–396, Washington, DC, USA, 2012.
- S. Maharjan, C. Yuen, Y. H. Chew, Y. Zhang, and S. Gjessing, “Distributed spectrum sensing for cognitive radio networks with heterogeneous traffic,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies (ISABEL '10), pp. 1–5, Rome, Italy, November 2010.
- J. Huang, R. A. Berry, and M. L. Honig, “Auction-based spectrum sharing,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 405–418, 2006.
- Y. Zeng, Y.-C. Liang, A. T. Hoang, and R. Zhang, “A review on spectrumsensing for cognitive radio: challenges and solutions,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2010, Article ID 381465, pp. 1–15, 2010.
- A. Mishra, V. Shrivastava, S. Banerjee, and W. Arbaugh, “Partially overlapped channels not considered harmful,” SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 63–74, 2006.
- K. R. Chowdhury and I. F. Akyildiz, “Cognitive wireless mesh networks with dynamic spectrum access,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 168–181, 2008.
- W. Zhang, R. K. Mallik, and K. Ben Letaief, “Cooperative spectrum sensing optimization in cognitive radio networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '08), pp. 3411–3415, Beijing, China, May 2008.
- IEEE Std. 802.22-2011, “Part 22: Cognitive Wireless RAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications: Policies and Procedures for Operation in the TV Bands,” IEEE, 2011.