- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 184931, 6 pages
A Counterattack-Detection Scheme in Transmission Time-Based Wormhole Detection Methods
1Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering and Graduate School of Information Security,
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-701, Republic of Korea
2Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-701, Republic of Korea
Received 30 August 2012; Revised 7 February 2013; Accepted 27 February 2013
Academic Editor: Dan Kim
Copyright © 2013 Dong-uk Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Rivest, A. Shamir, and L. Adleman, “Method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 120–126, 1978.
- J. Kong, P. Zerfos, H. Luo, S. Lu, and L. Zhang, “Providing robust and ubiquitous security support for mobile ad-hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP '01), pp. 251–260, November 2001.
- S. Capkun, L. Buttyán, and J. P. Hubaux, “Self-organized public-key management for mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 52–64, 2003.
- S. Kaliaperumal, “Securing authentication and privacy in ad hoc partitioned networks,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Applications and the Internet Workshops (SAINT’03), pp. 354–357, January 2003.
- T. Van Phuong, N. T. Canh, Y. K. Lee, S. Lee, and H. Lee, “Transmission time-based mechanism to detect wormhole attacks,” in Proceedings of IEEE Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference (APSCC '07), pp. 172–178, December 2007.
- F. Nait-Abdesselam, B. Bensaou, and T. Taleb, “Detecting and avoiding wormhole attacks in wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 127–133, 2008.
- Q. N. Dang and L. Lamont, “A simple and efficient detection of wormhole attacks,” in Proceedings of the New Technologies, Mobility and Security Conference and Workshops (NTMS '08), pp. 1–5, November 2008.
- J. Zhen and S. Srinivas, “Preventing replay attacks for secure routing in ad hoc networks,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 2865, pp. 140–150, 2003.
- C. E. Perkins and E. M. Royer, “Ad-hoc on-demand distance vector routing,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (WMCSA '99), pp. 90–100, February 1999.
- M. Khabbazian, H. Mercier, and V. K. Bhargava, “Severity analysis and countermeasure for the wormhole attack in wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 736–745, 2009.
- I. Khalil, S. Bagchi, and N. B. Shroff, “LiteWorp: detection and isolation of the wormhole attack in static multihop wireless networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 13, pp. 3750–3772, 2007.
- W. Li, J. Parker, and A. Joshi, “Security through collaboration and trust in MANETs,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 342–352, 2012.
- W. Li and A. Joshi, “Outlier detection in ad hoc networks using dempster-shafer theory,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Mobile Data Management: Systems, Services and Middleware (MDM '09), pp. 112–121, May 2009.
- S. Ganapathy, N. Jaisankar, P. Yogesh, and A. Kannan, “An intelligent system for intrusion detection using outlier detection,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT '11), pp. 119–123, June.
- S. Lee, G. Kim, and S. Kim, “Sequence-order-independent network profiling for detecting application layer DDoS attacks,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2011, article 50, 2011.
- M. Y. Su, “WARP: a wormhole-avoidance routing protocol by anomaly detection in mobile ad hoc networks,” Computers and Security, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 208–224, 2010.
- C. Bettstetter, G. Resta, and P. Santi, “The node distribution of the random waypoint mobility model for wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 257–269, 2003.
- G. Kim, Y. Han, and S. Kim, “A cooperative-sinkhole detection method for mobile ad hoc networks,” AEU, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 390–397, 2010.
- Y. C. Hu, D. B. Johnson, and A. Perrig, “SEAD: secure efficient distance vector routing for mobile wireless ad hoc networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 175–192, 2003.
- A. P. Emmanouil, N. Levon, and P. Christos, “Securing AODV against wormhole attacks in emergency MANET multimedia communications,” in Proceedings of the 5th International ICST Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference (Mobimedia '09), article 34, September 2009.