- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 301869, 10 pages
Clustering with One-Time Setup for Reduced Energy Consumption and Prolonged Lifetime in Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Computer Engineering, Chosun University, 309 Pilmundaero, Dong-gu, Gwangju 501-759, Republic of Korea
Received 17 October 2012; Accepted 22 January 2013
Academic Editor: Wei Wang
Copyright © 2013 Heewook Shin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Akkaya and M. Younis, “A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 325–349, 2005.
- J. N. Al-Karaki and A. E. Kamal, “Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 6–27, 2004.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS-33 '00), p. 223, January 2000.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, “Distributed clustering in ad-hoc sensor networks: a hybrid, energy-efficient approach,” in Proceedings of the 23rd AnnualJoint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '04), vol. 1, 2004.
- S. D. Muruganathan, D. C. F. Ma, R. I. Bhasin, and A. O. Fapojuwo, “A centralized energy-efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. S8–S13, 2005.
- A. Manjeshwar and D. P. Agrawal, “TEEN: a routing protocol for enhanced efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the of 15th International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, pp. 2009–2015, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2001.
- A. Manjeshwar and D. P. Agarwal, “APTEEN: a hybrid protocol for efficient routing and comprehensive information retrieval in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '02), pp. 195–202, 2002.
- N. Enami and R. A. Moghadam, “Energy based clustering self organizaing map protocol for extending wireless sensor networks lifetime and coverage,” Canadian Journal on Multimedia and Wireless Networks, no. 4, pp. 42–54, 2010.
- K. Yadav, V. Pal, G. Singh, and R. Yadav, “Variable frame slot clustering scheme for data gathering wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Nirma University International Conference on Engineering (NUiCONE '11), pp. 1–5, Ahmedabad, Pakistan, December 2011.
- “UCB/LBNL/VINT Network Simulator—ns—2,” 2012, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/.
- S. Oh, S. Hur, and G. Lee, “An efficient energy usage of wireless sensor network,” IE Interfaces, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 108–117, 2010.
- B. Shen, S. Zhang, and Y. Zhong, “Cluster-Based Routing Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks,” Journal of Software, vol. 17, no. 7, 2006.
- W. Bo, H. Han-Ying, and F. Wen, “An improved LEACH protocol for data gathering and aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering, (ICCEE '08), pp. 398–401, Phuket, Thailand, December 2008.
- H. Shin, S. Moh, and I. Chung, “Energy-efficient clustering with one time setup for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computational intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN '12), pp. 64–69, Phuket, Thailand, 2012.