- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 345821, 11 pages
Adaptive Learning Based Scheduling in Multichannel Protocol for Energy-Efficient Data-Gathering Wireless Sensor Networks
1Department of Electronics and Informatics (ETRO), Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel, Belgium
2School of Electronics and Telecommunications, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Dai Co Viet 01, Hanoi, Vietnam
3Department IWT, Erasmushogeschool Brussel, Nijverheidskaai 170, 1070 Brussel, Belgium
4Faculty of Science and Bio-Engineering Sciences (DINF), Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 02, 1050 Brussel, Belgium
Received 26 October 2012; Accepted 8 January 2013
Academic Editor: Jiman Hong
Copyright © 2013 Kieu-Ha Phung et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, T. Melodia, and K. R. Chowdhury, “Wireless multimedia sensor networks: applications and testbeds,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 96, no. 10, pp. 1588–1605, 2008.
- A. Raniwala and T. C. Chiueh, “Architecture and algorithms for an IEEE 802.11-based multi-channel wireless mesh network,” in Proceedings of the 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '05), pp. 2223–2234, Miami, Fla, USA, March 2005.
- J. So and N. Vaidya, “Multi-channel MAC for ad hoc networks: handling multi-channel hidden terminals using a single transceiver,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MoBiHoc '04), pp. 222–233, Tokyo, Japan, May 2004.
- B. Vedantham, S. Kakumanu, S. Lakshmanan, and R. Sivakumar, “Component based channel assignment in single radio, multi-channel ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the12th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '06), pp. 378–389, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, September 2006.
- P. Bahl, R. Chandra, and J. Dunagan, “SSCH: slotted seeded channel hopping for capacity improvement in IEEE 802.11 ad-hoc wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '04), pp. 216–230, New York, NY, USA, October 2004.
- H. Sheung, W. So, J. Walrand, and J. M. McMAC, “A parallel rendez-vous multi-channel mac protocol,” in Proceedings of Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '07), pp. 334–339, October 2007.
- G. Yu and C. Chang, “An efficient cluster-based multi-channel management protocol for wireless ad hoc networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1742–1753, 2007.
- Y. Wu, J. Stankovic, T. He, and S. Lin, “Realistic and efficient multi-channel communications in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 1193–1201, 2008.
- Q. Yu, J. Chen, Y. Fan, X. Shen, and Y. Sun, “Multi-channel assignment in wireless sensor networks: a game theoretic approach,” in Procedings of the 29th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '10), pp. 1–9, March 2010.
- M. Salajegheh, H. Soroush, and A. Kalis, “HYMAC: Hybrid TDMA/FDMA medium access control protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '07), pp. 1–5, September 2007.
- O. D. Incel, L. van Hoesel, P. Jansen, and P. Havinga, “MC-LMAC: a multi-channel MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 73–94, 2011.
- A. Förster and A. L. Murphy, “Froms: a failure tolerant and mobility enabled multicast routing paradigm with reinforcement learning for WSNs,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 940–965, 2011.
- M. Mihaylov, Y. A. le Borgne, K. Tuyls, and A. Nowé, “Decentralised reinforcement learning for energy-efficient scheduling in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems, vol. 9, pp. 207–224, 2012.
- R. Sutton and A. Barto, Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1998.
- E. J. Duarte-Melo and M. Liu, “Data-gathering wireless sensor networks: organization and capacity,” Computer Networks, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 519–537, 2003.
- O. D. Incel, “A survey on multi-channel communication in wireless sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 55, no. 13, pp. 3081–3099, 2011.
- J. Li, Z. Haas, M. Sheng, and Y. Chen, “Performance evaluation of modified IEEE 802.11 MAC for multi-channel multi-hop ad hoc network,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA '03), pp. 312–317, 2003.
- M. Posch, “Win-stay, lose-shift strategies for repeated games—memory length, aspiration levels and noise,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 183–195, 1999.
- I. K. Rhee, J. Lee, J. Kim, E. Serpedin, and Y. C. Wu, “Clock synchronization in wireless sensor networks: an overview,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 56–85, 2009.
- S. Ganeriwal, R. Kumar, and M. B. Srivastava, “Timing-sync protocol for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp. 138–149, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, November 2003.
- B. Lemmens, K. Steenhaut, P. Ruckebusch, I. Moerman, and A. Nowe, “Network-wide synchronization in wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of 19th IEEE Symposium on Communication and Vehicle Technology in the Benelux (SCVT '12), Eindhoven, The Netherlands, November 2012.