- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 460641, 15 pages
Optimizing Classification Decision Trees by Using Weighted Naïve Bayes Predictors to Reduce the Imbalanced Class Problem in Wireless Sensor Network
1Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau
2School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
3Department of Electronic Engineering, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100022, China
Received 6 October 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2013 Hang Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- M. Di and E. M. Joo, “A survey of machine learning in wireless sensor netoworks—from networking and application perspectives,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS '07), pp. 1–5, Singapore, December 2007.
- Y. L. Borgne and G. Bontempi, “Round robin cycle for predictions in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing, pp. 253–258, December 2005.
- J. Zhang, E. Bloedorn, L. Rosen, and D. Venese, “Learning rules from highly unbalanced data sets,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM '04), pp. 571–574, November 2004.
- J. Yu, Y. Qi, G. Wang, Q. Guo, and X. Gu, “An energy-aware distributed unequal clustering protocol for wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2011, Article ID 202145, 8 pages, 2011.
- H. M. Nguyen, E. W. Cooper, and K. Kamei, “Borderline over-sampling for imbalanced data classification,” International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Soft Data Paradigms, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 4–21, 2011.
- J. Wang, M. Xu, H. Wang, and J. Zhang, “Classification of imbalanced data by using the SMOTE algorithm and locally linear embedding,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Signal Processing (ICSP '06), pp. 16–20, November 2006.
- Y. Zhai, N. Ma, B. An, and D. Ruan, “An effective over-sampling method for imbalanced data sets classification,” Chinese Journal of Electronics, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 489–494, 2011.
- P. Domingos, “MetaCost: a general method for making classifiers cost-sensitive,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 155–164, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- M. Kubat, R. C. Holte, and S. Matwin, “Machine learning for the detection of oil spills in satellite radar images,” Machine Learning, vol. 30, no. 2-3, pp. 195–215, 1998.
- Y. Hang, S. Fong, G. Sun, and R. Wong, “A very fast decision tree algorithm for real-time data mining of imperfect data streams in a distributed wireless sensor network,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2013, Article ID 863545, 2013.
- J. A. O. Gama, R. Rocha, and P. Medas, “Accurate decision trees for mining high-speed data streams,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD '03), pp. 523–528, New York, NY, USA, August 2003.
- Y. Hang and S. Fong, “OVFDT with functional tree leaf—majority class, naive bayes and adaptive hybrid integrations,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Data Mining and Intelligent Information Technology Applications (ICMIA '11), IEEE Press, Macau, China, October 2011.