- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 491756, 9 pages
PASS: Parking-Lot-Assisted Carpool over Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks
1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu 610054, China
2Yunnan Key Laboratory of Computer Technology Applications, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming 650500, China
Received 9 November 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ming Liu
Copyright © 2013 Jinqi Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Chisalita and N. Shahmehri, “A peer-to-peer approach to vehicular communication for the support of traffic safety applications,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 336–341, Singapore, 2002.
- H. Hartenstein, B. Bochow, A. Ebner, M. Lott, M. Radimirsch, and D. Vollmer, “Position-aware ad hoc wireless networks for inter-vehicle communications: the fleetnet project,” in Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc '11), pp. 259–262, October 2001.
- P. B. Gibbons, B. Karp, Y. Ke, S. Nath, and S. Seshan, “IrisNet: an architecture for a worldwide sensor web,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 22–33, 2003.
- “National household 6 travel survey,” http://nhts.ornl.gov/download.shtml.
- J. Saranow, “Carpooling for grown-ups high gas prices, new services give ride-sharing a boost, rating your fellow rider,” Wall Street Journal, 2006.
- D. Schrank and T. Lomax, 2009 Urban Mobility Report, Texas Transportation Institute, The Texas A&M University System, 2009.
- M. Burris, J. Winn, and W. Associates, “Slugging in houston-casual carpool passenger characteristics,” Journal of Public Transportation, vol. 9, no. 5, p. 23, 2006.
- N. Chan and S. Shaheen, “Ridesharing in North America: past, present, and future,” in Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, USA, January 2011.
- F. K. Ozenc, L. F. Cranor, J. H. Morris, et al., “Adapt-a-ride: understanding the dynamics of commuting preferences through an experience design framework,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Designing Pleasurable Products and Interfaces (DPPI '11), 2011.
- M. Brereton, P. Roe, M. Foth, J. M. Bunker, and L. Buys, “Designing participation in agile ridesharing with mobile social software,” in Proceedings of the 21st Annual Conference of the Australian Computer-Human Interaction Special Interest Group, pp. 257–260, November 2009.
- K. Ghoseiri A Haghani M Hamedi, “Real-Time Rideshare Matching Problem,” Tech. Rep., 2011.
- N. Agatz, A. Erera, M. Savelsbergh, and X. Wang, “Sustainable passenger transportation: dynamic ride-sharing,” ERIM Report ERS-2010-010-LIS, 2009.
- S. Plan, S. Committees, P. Committees et al., “Wireless networks for car-and ridesharing systems: assessment of 802.11 Wi-Fi,” in Proceedings of the Transportation Research Board 88th Annual Meeting, 2009.
- N. Liu, M. Liu, J. Cao, G. Chen, and W. Lou, “When transportation meets communication: V2P over VANETs,” in Proceedings of the 30th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS '10), pp. 567–576, June 2010.
- Y. Fu, Y. Fang, C. Jiang, and J. Cheng, “Dynamic ride sharing community service on traffic information grid,” in International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA '08), vol. 2, pp. 348–352, October 2008.
- A. Lue and A. Colorni, “A software tool for commute carpooling: a case study on university students in Milan,” International Journal of Services Sciences, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 222–241, 2009.
- K. Kelley, “Casual Carpooling—enhanced,” Journal of Public Transportation, vol. 10, no. 4, p. 119, 2007.
- W. J. Hsu, T. Spyropoulost, K. Psounis, and A. Helmy, “Modeling time-variant user mobility in wireless mobile networks,” in Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '07), pp. 758–766, May 2007.
- J. Härri, F. Filali, C. Bonnet, and M. Fiore, “VanetMobiSim: generating realistic mobility patterns for VANETs,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Vehicular ad hoc Networks (VANET '06), pp. 96–97, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- A. Adiv and W. Wang, “On-street parking meter behavior,” Transportation Quarterly, vol. 41, pp. 281–307, 1987.