- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 529489, 10 pages
ALRD: AoA Localization with RSSI Differences of Directional Antennas for Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Central University, Jhongli 32001, Taiwan
Received 30 September 2012; Revised 22 January 2013; Accepted 1 February 2013
Academic Editor: Chengdong Wu
Copyright © 2013 Jehn-Ruey Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Hofmann-Wellenhof, H. Lichtenegger, and J. Collins, Global Positioning System: Theory and Practice, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- T. Y. Chen, C. C. Chiu, and T. C. Tu, “Mixing and Combining with AOA and TOA for Enhanced accuracy of mobile location,” in Proceedings of the 5th European Personal Mobile Communications Conference, pp. 276–280, 2003.
- N. Patwari and A. O. Hero III, “Location estimation accuracy in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 36th Asilomar Conference on Signals Systems and Computers, pp. 1523–1527, November 2002.
- C. Li and Z. Weihua, “Hybrid TDOA/AOA mobile user location for wideband CDMA cellular systems,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 439–447, 2002.
- F. Gustafsson and F. Gunnarsson, “Positioning using time-difference of arrival measurements,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Accoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, pp. 553–556, April 2003.
- W. Xiao, Y. Weng, and L. Xie, “Total least squares method for robust source localization in sensor networks using TDOA measurements,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2011, Article ID 172902, 8 pages, 2011.
- P. Bahl and V. N. Padmanabhan, “RADAR: an in-building RF-based user location and tracking system,” in Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Conference on Computer Commmunications (IFOCOM '00), pp. 775–784, 2000.
- P. K. Sahoo and I. Hwang, “Collaborative localization algorithms forwireless sensor networks with reduced localization error,” Sensors, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 9989–10009, 2011.
- J. Shirahama and T. Ohtsuki, “RSS-based localization in environments with different path loss exponent for each link,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference-Spring, VTC, pp. 1509–1513, May 2008.
- J. Lee, W. Chung, and E. Kim, “A new range-free localization method using quadratic programming,” Computer Communications, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 998–1010, 2011.
- Z. Liu and J. Chen, “A new sequence-based iterative localization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Engineering and Computer Science (ICIECS '09), December 2009.
- K. Yedavalli and B. Krishnamachari, “Sequence-based localization in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 81–94, 2008.
- S. Fang and T. Lin, “A dynamic system approach for radio location fingerprinting in wireless local area networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 1020–1025, 2010.
- P. M. Scholl, S. Kohlbrecher, V. Sachidananda, and K. Van Laerhoven, “Fast Indoor Radio-Map Building for RSSI-based Localization Systems,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Networked Sensing System, pp. 1–2, 2012.
- I. Amundson, J. Sallai, X. Koutsoukos, and A. Ledeczi, “Radio interferometric angle of arrival estimation,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5970, pp. 1–16, 2010.
- S. J. Halder and W. Kim, “A fusion approach of RSSI and LQI for indoor localization system using adaptive smoothers,” Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, Article ID 790374, 10 pages, 2012.
- I. Amundson, J. Sallai, X. Koutsoukos, and A. Ledeczi, “Mobile sensor navigation via RF-based angle of arrival localization,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 842107, 15 pages, 2012.
- I. Amundson, J. Sallai, X. Koutsoukos, and A. Ledeczi, “Mobile sensor navigation using rapid RF-based angle of arrival localization,” in Proceedings of the 17th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, pp. 316–325, Chicago, Ill, USA, 2011.
- A. Cenedese, G. Ortolan, and M. Bertinato, “Low-density wireless sensor networks for localization and tracking in critical environments,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 2951–2962, 2010.
- B. N. Hood and P. Barooah, “Estimating DoA from radio-frequency rssi measurements using an actuated reflector,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 413–417, 2011.
- J. R. Jiang, C. H. Lin, and Y. J. Hsu, “Localization with Rotatable directional antennas for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 39th International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshops (ICPPW '10), pp. 542–548, September 2010.
- T. Kim, M. Shon, M. Kim, D. S. Kim, and H. Choo1, “Anchor-node-based distributed localization with error correction in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 975147, 14 pages, 2012.
- Y. Liu, X. Yi, and Y. He, “A novel centroid localization for wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 829253, 8 pages, 2012.
- A. Nasipuri and K. Li, “Experimental evaluation of an angle based indoor localization system,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc and Wireless Networks, pp. 1–9, 2006.
- D. Niculescu and B. Nath, “DV based positioning in ad hoc networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 267–280, 2003.
- C. H. Ou, “A localization scheme for wireless sensor networks using mobile anchors with directional antennas,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1607–1616, 2011.
- R. Peng and M. L. Sichitiu, “Angle of arrival localization for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Annual IEEE Communications Society on Sensor and Ad hoc Communications and Networks (Secon '06), pp. 374–382, September 2006.
- R. Atanassov, P. Bose, M. Couture et al., “Algorithms for optimal outlier removal,” Journal of Discrete Algorithms, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 239–248, 2009.