- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 570805, 15 pages
Energy-Balanced Separating Algorithm for Cluster-Based Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks
1School of Computer Science and Technology, Xidian University, Xi’an 710071, China
2College of Information Technology, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang 050016, China
Received 23 September 2012; Revised 16 December 2012; Accepted 22 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jiman Hong
Copyright © 2013 Shuai Fu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Medagliani, J. Leguay, G. Ferrari, V. Gay, and M. Lopez-Ramos, “Energy-efficient mobile target detection in wireless sensor networks with random node deployment and partial coverage,” Pervasive and Mobile Computing, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 429–447, 2012.
- N. Aslam, W. Phillips, W. Robertson, and S. Sivakumar, “A multi-criterion optimization technique for energy efficient cluster formation in wireless sensor networks,” Information Fusion, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 202–212, 2011.
- A. F. Liu, P. H. Zhang, and Z. G. Chen, “Theoretical analysis of the lifetime and energy hole in cluster based wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 71, no. 10, pp. 1327–1355, 2011.
- R. Zhu, Y. Qin, and J. Wang, “energy-aware distributed intelligent data gathering algorithm in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2011, Article ID 235724, 13 pages, 2011.
- K. Iwanicki and M. Van Steen, “Gossip-based self-management of a recursive area hierarchy for large wireless sensornets,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 562–576, 2010.
- T. Kim, Y. Lee, J. Sung, and D. Kim, “Hierarchical network protocol for large scale wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC '10), pp. 1–2, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, January 2010.
- D. Kumar and R. B. Patel, “Multi-hop data communication algorithm for clustered wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2011, Article ID 984795, 10 pages, 2011.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- X. Fan and Y. Song, “Improvement on LEACH protocol of wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, (SENSORCOMM '07), pp. 260–264, Valencia, Spain, October 2007.
- V. Loscri, G. Morabito, and S. Marano, “A two-levels hierarchy for low-energy adaptive clustering hierarchy (TL-LEACH),” in Proceedings of the 62nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '05), pp. 1809–1813, September 2005.
- M. B. Yassein, A. Al-zou’bi, Y. Khamayseh, and W. Mardini, “Improvement on leach protocol of wireless sensor network (vleach),” International Journal of Digital Content Technology and Its Applications, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 132–136, 2009.
- M. O. Farooq, A. B. Dogar, and G. A. Shah, “MR-LEACH: multi-hop routing with low energy adaptive clustering hierarchy,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, (SENSORCOMM '10), pp. 262–268, Venice, Italy, July 2010.
- M. Ye, C. F. Li, G. H. Chen, and J. Wu, “EECS: an energy efficient clustering scheme in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC ’05), pp. 535–540, 2005.
- G. Chen, C. F. Li, M. Ye, and J. Wu, “An unqual cluster based routing protocol in wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Network, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 193–207, 2009.
- F. Bouabdallah, N. Bouabdallah, and R. Boutaba, “On balancing energy consumption in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 2909–2924, 2009.
- J. S. Li, H. C. Kao, and J. D. Ke, “Voronoi-based relay placement scheme for wireless sensor networks,” IET Communications, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 530–538, 2009.
- W. K. Lai, C. F. Fan, and L. Y. Lin, “Arranging cluster sizes and transmission ranges for wireless sensor networks,” Information Sciences, vol. 183, no. 1, pp. 117–131, 2012.
- U. J. Jang, S. G. Lee, and S. J. Yoo, “Optimal wake-up scheduling of data gathering trees for wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 536–546, 2012.
- C. Sha, R. C. Wang, H. P. Huang, and L. J. Sun, “Energy efficient clustering algorithm for data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 104–122, 2010.
- Z. Liu, Q. Zheng, L. Xue, and X. Guan, “A distributed energy-efficient clustering algorithm with improved coverage in wireless sensor networks,” Future Generation Computer Systems, 2011.
- E. Zeydan, D. Kivanc, C. Comaniciu, and U. Tureli, “Energy-efficient routing for correlated data in wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 962–975, 2012.
- S. el Khediri, A. Kachouri, and N. Nasri, “Diverse synchronization issues in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Microelectronics (ICM’11), pp. 1–6, Hammamet, Tunisia, 2011.