- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 615906, 9 pages
A Distributed Pseudonym Management Scheme in VANETs
1School of Computer and Information, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei 230009, China
2The Anhui Provincial Key Laboratory of Mine IoT and Mine Safety Supervisory Control, Hefei 230088, China
Received 22 December 2012; Accepted 3 April 2013
Academic Editor: Xu Yongjun
Copyright © 2013 Xiaoling Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Blum, A. Eskandarian, and L. Hoffman, “Challenges of intervehicle adhoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 347–351, 2004.
- J. P. Hubaux, S. Capkun, and J. Luo, “The security and privacy of smart vehicles,” IEEE Security and Privacy, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 49–55, 2004.
- B. Parno and A. Perrig, “Challenges in securing vehicular networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (HotNets-IV), pp. 1–6, College Park, Md, USA, November 2005.
- S. Zeadally, R. Hunt, Y. S. Chen, A. Irwin, and A. Hassan, “Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETS): status, results, and challenges,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 217–241, 2012.
- M. Raya and J. P. Hubaux, “The security of vehicular ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM workshop on Security of ad hoc and sensor networks (SASN '05), pp. 11–21, Alexandria, Va, USA, November 2005.
- M. Raya and J. P. Hubaux, “Securing vehicular ad hoc networks,” Journal of Computer Security, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 39–68, 2007.
- X. Lin, X. Sun, P. H. Ho, and X. Shen, “GSIS: a secure and privacy-preserving protocol for vehicular communications,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 3442–3456, 2007.
- G. Calandriello, P. Papadimitratos, J. P. Hubaux, and A. Lioy, “Efficient and robust pseudonymous authentication in VANET,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET '07), pp. 19–28, Montreal, Canada, September 2007.
- G. Calandriello, P. Papadimitratos, J. P. Hubaux, and A. Lioy, “On the performance of secure vehicular communication systems,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 898–912, 2011.
- R. Lu, X. Lin, H. Zhu et al., “ECPP: eficient conditional privacy preservation protocol for secure vehicular communications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 27th Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 1229–1237, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, 2008.
- L. Zhang, Q. Wu, A. Solanas, and J. Domingo-Ferrer, “A scalable robust authentication protocol for secure vehicular communications,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1606–1617, 2010.
- Y. Hao, Y. Cheng, C. Zhou, and W. Song, “A distributed key management framework with cooperative message authentication in VANETs,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 616–629, 2011.
- D. Boneh, X. Boyen, and H. Shacham, “Short group signatures,” in Advances in Crypto '04, vol. 3152 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), pp. 41–55, 2004.
- F. Schaub, F. Kargl, Z. Ma, and M. Weber, “V-tokens for conditional pseudonymity in VANETs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '10), pp. 1–6, Sydney, Australia, April 2010.
- P. Papadimitratos, L. Buttyan, T. Holczer et al., “Secure vehicular communication systems: design and architecture,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 100–109, 2008.
- D. Chaum, “Blind signatures for untraceable payments,” in Advances in Crypto '82, pp. 199–203, Plenum, 1982.
- R. Housley, W. Ford, W. Polk, and D. Solo, “Internet X. 509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and CRL Profile,” 2011, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2459.txt.
- E. Schoch and F. Kargl, “On the efficiency of secure beaconing in VANETs,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (WiSec '10), pp. 111–116, New York, NY, USA, March 2010.
- M. Feiri, J. Petit, and F. Kargl, “Congestion-based certificate omission in VANETs,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM international workshop on Vehicular Inter-Networking, Systems, and Applications, pp. 135–138, 2012.
- A. Shamir, “How to share a secret,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 612–613, 1979.
- D. Boneh and M. Franklin, “Efficient generation of shared rsa keys,” in Proceedings of Crypto '97, pp. 425–439, 1997.
- C. Cocks, “Split knowledge generation of rsa parameters,” in Proceedings of the 6th IMA International Conference on Cryptography and Coding, pp. 89–95, 1997.
- M. Malkin, T. Wu, and D. Boneh, “Experimenting with shared generation of RSA keys,” in Proceedings of the Internet Society's 1999 Symposium on Network and Distributed System Security, pp. 43–56, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- OpenSSL, “The Open Source Toolkit for SSL/TLS,” 2012, http://openssl.org/.
- M. Scott, “Efficient implementation of cryptographic pairings,” 2007, ftp://ftp.disi.unige.it/pub/.person/MoraF/CRYPTO/PARING/mscott-samos07.pdf.
- L. Chen, S. L. Ng, and G. Wang, “Threshold anonymous announcement in VANETs,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 605–615, 2011.