- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 631715, 7 pages
Feasibility Study on Crack Detection of Pipelines Using Piezoceramic Transducers
1School of Urban Construction, Yangtze University, Jingzhou, Hubei 434023, China
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Received 5 July 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: Ting-Hua Yi
Copyright © 2013 Guofeng Du et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Tapanes, “Fibre optic sensing solutions for real-time pipeline integrity monitoring,” Australian Pipeline Industry Association National Convention, 2001.
- H.-N. Li, D.-S. Li, and G.-B. Song, “Recent applications of fiber optic sensors to health monitoring in civil engineering,” Engineering Structures, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1647–1657, 2004.
- S. Z. Yan and L. S. Chyan, “Performance enhancement of BOTDR fiber optic sensor for oil and gas pipeline monitoring,” Optical Fiber Technology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 100–109, 2010.
- A. Anastasopoulos, D. Kourousis, and K. Bollas, “Acoustic emission leak detection of liquid filled buried pipeline,” Journal of Acoustic Emission, vol. 27, pp. 27–39, 2009.
- D. Ozevin and J. Harding, “Novel leak localization in pressurized pipeline networks using acoustic emission and geometric connectivity,” International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, vol. 92, pp. 63–69, 2012.
- A. Mostafapour and S. Davoodi, “Analysis of leakage in high pressure pipe using acoustic emission method,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 335–342, 2013.
- J. Okamoto, J. C. Adamowskia, M. S. G. Tsuzukia, F. Buiochia, and C. S. Camerinib, “Autonomous system for oil pipelines inspection,” Mechatronics, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 731–743, 1999.
- E. Pan, J. Rogers, S. K. Datta, and A. H. Shah, “Mode selection of guided waves for ultrasonic inspection of gas pipelines with thick coating,” Mechanics of Materials, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 165–174, 1999.
- H. Ravanbod, “Application of neuro-fuzzy techniques in oil pipeline ultrasonic nondestructive testing,” NDT & E International, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 643–653, 2005.
- B. Hertlein, “Stress wave testing of concrete: a 25-year review and a peek into the future,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 38, pp. 1240–1245, 2013.
- D. Vasić, V. Bilas, and D. Ambruš, “Pulsed eddy-current nondestructive testing of ferromagnetic tubes,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1289–1294, 2004.
- J. B. Nestleroth and R. J. Davis, “Application of eddy currents induced by permanent magnets for pipeline inspection,” NDT & E International, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 77–84, 2007.
- R. Keshwani and S. Bhattacharya, “Design and optimization of eddy current sensor for instrumented pipeline inspection gauge,” Sensor Review, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 321–325, 2008.
- G. Park, H. H. Cudney, and D. J. Inman, “Feasibility of using impedance-based damage assessment for pipeline structures,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1463–1474, 2001.
- D. M. Peairs, G. Park, and D. J. Inman, “Improving accessibility of the impedance-based structural health monitoring method,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 129–140, 2004.
- K. K. Tseng and L. Wang, “Smart piezoelectric transducers for in situ health monitoring of concrete,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1017–1024, 2004.
- G. F. Du, J. J. Hu, and C. Wan, “The study situation and analysis of oil & gas pipeline health detection,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Pipelines and Trenchless Technology, pp. 551–560, 2012.
- G. Song, Y. L. Mo, K. Otero, and H. Gu, “Health monitoring and rehabilitation of a concrete structure using intelligent materials,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 309–314, 2006.
- G. Song, H. Gu, Y. L. Mo, T. T. C. Hsu, and H. Dhonde, “Concrete structural health monitoring using embedded piezoceramic transducers,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 959–968, 2007.
- L. Jun, “Scattering of harmonic anti-plane shear stress waves by a crack in functionally graded piezoelectric/piezomagnetic materials,” Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 75–86, 2007.
- G. Song, H. Gu, and Y.-L. Mo, “Smart aggregates: multi-functional sensors for concrete structures—a tutorial and a review,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 17, no. 3, Article ID 033001, 2008.
- A. Laskar, H. Gu, Y. L. Mo, and G. Song, “Progressive collapse of a two-story reinforced concrete frame with embedded smart aggregates,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 18, no. 7, Article ID 075001, 2009.
- S. Yan, W. Sun, G. Song et al., “Health monitoring of reinforced concrete shear walls using smart aggregates,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 18, no. 4, Article ID 047001, 2009.
- P. Li, H. Gu, G. Song, R. Zheng, and Y. L. Mo, “Concrete structural health monitoring using piezoceramicbased wireless sensor networks,” Smart Structures and Systems, vol. 6, no. 5-6, pp. 731–748, 2010.
- H. Gu, Y. Moslehy, D. Sanders, G. Song, and Y. L. Mo, “Multi-functional smart aggregate-based structural health monitoring of circular reinforced concrete columns subjected to seismic excitations,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 19, no. 6, Article ID 065026, 2010.
- Y. Moslehy, H. Gu, A. Belarbi, Y. L. Mo, and G. Song, “Smart aggregate based damage detection of circular RC columns under cyclic combined loading,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 19, no. 6, Article ID 065021, 2010.
- W. Liao and J. Wang, “Application of piezoceramic-based sensors to the structural health monitoring of bridge piers,” China Civil Engineering Journal, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 197–201, 2012.
- X. Hong, H. Wang, T. Wang, G. Liu, Y. Li, and G. Song, “Dynamic cooperative identification based on synergetics for pipe structural health monitoring with piezoceramic transducers,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- H.-N. Li, X.-Y. He, and T.-H. Yi, “Multi-component seismic response analysis of offshore platform by wavelet energy principle,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 810–830, 2009.
- T.-H. Yi, H.-N. Li, and M. Gu, “Characterization and extraction of global positioning system multipath signals using an improved particle-filtering algorithm,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 22, no. 7, Article ID 075101, 2011.
- T. H. Yi, H. N. Li, and M. Gu, “Wavelet based multi-step filtering method for bridge health monitoring using GPS and accelerometer,” Smart Structures and Systems, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 331–348, 2013.