- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 632398, 7 pages
Congestion Control Based on Consensus in the Wireless Sensor Network
1Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
2School of Computer Science and Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
3College of Electronic and Information Engineering, Suzhou University of Science and Technology, Suzhou 215009, China
Received 7 June 2013; Accepted 15 August 2013
Academic Editor: Yong Sun
Copyright © 2013 Xinhao Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- R. Szewczyk, A. Mainwaring, J. Polastre, J. Anderson, and D. Culler, “An analysis of a large scale habitat monitoring application,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 214–226, November 2004.
- K. Mechitov, W. Y. Kim, G. Agha, and T. Nagayama, “High-frequency distributed sensing for structure monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS '04), 2004.
- J. Paek, K. Chintalapudi, R. Govindan, J. Caffrey, and S. Masri, “A wireless sensor network for structural health monitoring: performance and experience,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNetS '05), pp. 1–10, May 2005.
- M. Rahimi, D. Estrin, R. Baer, H. Uyeno, and J. Warrior, “Cyclops, image sensing and interpretation in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), p. 311, November 2004.
- W. H. Tan, W. J. Li, Y. Z. Zheng, and X. C. Zhou, “ePet: a physical game based on wireless sensor nerworks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 68, 2009.
- P. Antoniou, A. Pitsillides, T. Blackwell, A. Engelbrecht, and L. Michael, “Congestion control in wireless sensor networks based on bird flockong behavior,” Computer Networks, vol. 57, pp. 1167–1191, 2013.
- C.-H. Lim and J.-W. Jang, “Robust end-to-end loss differentiation scheme for transport control protocol over wired/wireless networks,” IET Communications, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 284–291, 2008.
- Z. Fu, P. Zerfos, H. Luo, S. Lu, L. Zhang, and M. Gerla, “The impact of multihop wireless channel on TCP throughput and loss,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '03), pp. 1744–1753, San Francisco, Calif, USA, April 2003.
- T. Nakashima, “Properties of the correlation between queue length and congestion window size under self-similar traffics,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 4373–4381, 2009.
- S. S. Kunniyur and R. Srikant, “An Adaptive Virtual Queue (AVQ) algorithm for Active Queue Management,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 286–299, 2004.
- E. Bonabeau, M. Dorigo, and G. Theraulaz, Swarm Intelligence, From Natural to Artificial Systems, Oxford, UK, 1999.
- C. T. Ee and R. Bajcsy, “Congestion control and fairness for many-to-one routing in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 148–161, November 2004.
- A. Moarefianpour and V. J. Majd, “Input-to-state stability in congestion control problem of computer networks with nonlinear links,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 2091–2105, 2009.
- H. Karl and A. Willig, Protocols and Architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks, John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
- S. Brahma, M. Chatterjee, K. Kwiat, and P. K. Varshney, “Traffic management in wireless sensor networks: decoupling congestion control and fairness,” Computer Communications, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 670–681, 2012.
- S. Sarkar and L. Tassiulas, “Back pressure based multicast scheduling for fair bandwidth allocation,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1279–1290, 2005.
- Y. Yi and S. Shakkottai, “Hop-by-hop congestion control over a wireless multi-hop network,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 133–144, 2007.
- T. E. Daniel, R. M. Newman, E. I. Gaura, and S. N. Mount, “Complex query processing in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Performance Monitoring and Measurement of Heterogeneous Wireless and Wired Networks (PMHWN ’07), pp. 53–60, Chania, Greece, 2007.
- S. Jardosh and P. Ranjan, “A survey: topology control for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Signal Processing Communications and Networking (ICSCN '08), pp. 422–427, January 2008.
- J. N. Al-Karaki and A. E. Kamal, “Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 6–27, 2004.
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, M. Di Francesco, and A. Passarella, “Energy conservation in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 537–568, 2009.
- B. Hull, K. Jamieson, and H. Balakrishnan, “Mitigating congestion in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 134–147, November 2004.
- S. Rangwala, R. Gummadi, R. Govindan, and K. Psounis, “Interference-aware fair rate control in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on Network Architecture and Protocols, 2006.
- A. Woo and D. E. Culler, “A transmission control scheme for media access in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 221–235, July 2001.
- A. Mahapatra, K. Anand, and D. P. Agrawal, “QoS and energy aware routing for real-time traffic in wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 437–445, 2006.
- Y. Chen, N. Nasser, T. El Salti, and H. Zhang, “A multipath QoS routing protocol in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Sensor Networks, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 207–216, 2010.
- L. Popa, C. Raiciu, I. Stoica, and D. S. Rosenblum, “Reducing congestion effects in wireless networks by multipath routing,” in Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP '06), pp. 96–105, November 2006.
- R. Kumar, H. Rowaihy, G. Cao, F. Anjum, A. Yener, and T. L. Porta, “Congestion aware routing in sensor networks,” Tech. Rep. 0036, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 2006.
- S. Li, X. Liao, P. Zhu, and N. Xiao, “Congestion avoidance, detection and mitigation in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Computer Research and Development, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1347–1356, 2007.
- Z. Lin, B. Francis, and M. Maggiore, “Necessary and sufficient graphical conditions for formation control of unicycles,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 121–127, 2005.
- J. Hu and Y. Hong, “Leader-following coordination of multi-agent systems with coupling time delays,” Physica A, vol. 374, no. 2, pp. 853–863, 2007.
- O. Ying, L. Chuang, R. Fengyuan, Y. Hongkun, H. Xiaomeng, and L. Ting, “Design and analysis of a backpressure congestion control algorithm in wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT '07), pp. 413–420, December 2007.
- C. Prawit, “An example of wireless error simulation,” http://blog.chinaunix.net/u2/76263/showart_1768145.html.