- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 636797, 12 pages
A Time Slot Reservation in Modified TDMA-Based Ad Hoc Networks with Directional Antennas
1School of Information Management, Hubei University of Economics, Wuhan Jiangxia District Hidden Dragon Island Development Zone, Wuhan 430205, China
2722 Research and Development Institute, Wuhan, China
3School of Computer Science, Colorado Technical University, Colorado, USA
Received 30 January 2013; Revised 27 August 2013; Accepted 27 August 2013
Academic Editor: Hongju Cheng
Copyright © 2013 Yuan Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Chen and W. B. Heinzelman, “QoS-aware routing based on bandwidth estimation for mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 561–572, 2005.
- S. M. Kamruzzaman, E. Kim, and D. G. Jeong, “An energy efficient QoS routing protocol for cognitive radio ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT '11), pp. 344–349, February 2011.
- W. Almobaideen, K. Hushaidan, A. Sleit, and M. Qatawneh, “A Cluster-based approach for supporting QoS in Mobile Ad Hoc networks,” International Journal of Digital Content Technology and Its Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2011.
- Y. Li, B. Sun, and X. Luo, “Joint topology-transparent scheduling and multipath QoS routing in MANETs,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC '09), pp. 767–771, Chengdu, China, December 2009.
- N. Wang and C. Lee, “A time slot assignment scheme for multi-path QoS multicast routing in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the International Computer Symposium (ICS '10), pp. 529–534, Tainan, Taiwan, December 2010.
- B. Sun, Y. Song, C. Gui, and Y. Jia, “Mobility entropy-based clusterhead selection algorithm for Ad Hoc networks,” Journal of Convergence Information Technology, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 49–55, 2011.
- F. W. Karam and T. Jensen, “A survey on QoS in next generation networks,” Journal of Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 91–102, 2010.
- I. Jawhar and J. Wu, “Resource scheduling in wireless networks using directional antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1240–1253, 2010.
- S. Kouroshnezhad, S. Zokaei, and H. Yeganeh, “Slot reservation demand assignment multiple access control protocol for signalling of telephony traffic via geo satellite,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT '08), pp. 693–698, February 2008.
- S. Sen, J. Xiong, and R. R. Choudhury, “Link layer multicasting with smart antennas: no client left behind,” in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP '08), pp. 53–62, October 2008.
- K. Sundaresan, K. Ramachandran, and S. Rangarajan, “Optimal beam scheduling for multicasting in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 15th Annual ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '09), pp. 205–216, September 2009.
- H. Zhang, Y. Jiang, K. Sundaresan, S. Rangarajan, and B. Zhao, “Wireless data multicasting with switched beamforming antennas,” in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM Mini-Conference, pp. 526–530, Shanghai, China, April 2011.
- Y. Chang, Q. Liu, B. Zhang, X. Jia, and L. Xie, “Minimum delay broadcast scheduling for wireless networks with directional antennas,” in Proceedings of the 54th Annual IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '11), December 2011.
- Y. Chang, Q. Liu, X. Jia, and K. Zhou, “Routing and transmission scheduling for minimizing broadcast delay in multi-rate wireless mesh networks using directional antennas,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 2012.
- C. Hsu, J. Sheu, and S. Tung, “An on-demand bandwidth reservation QoS routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing, pp. 198–207, June 2006.
- X. Du, “Efficient quality-of-service provisioning and communications in hybrid wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, keynote talk, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2011.
- O. Bazan and M. Jaseemuddin, “Routing and admission control for wireless mesh networks with directional antennas,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '09), pp. 1–6, April 2009.
- Y. S. Chen, C. S. Hsu, and S. J. Jan, “A shoelace-based QoS routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks using directional antenna,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 361–384, 2010.
- K. Chin, S. Soh, and C. Meng, “A novel spatial TDMA scheduler for concurrent transmit/receive wireless mesh networks,” in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA '10), pp. 481–488, April 2010.
- Y. Li and X. Luo, “A bandwidth allocation scheme based on QoS in satellite networks using directional antennas,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM '11), pp. 1–4, September 2011.
- P. Feng, Y. Ding, B. Liu, J. Wu, L. Gui, and H. Zhou, “A QoS constrained cognitive routing algorithm for ad hoc networks based on directional antenna,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP '11), November 2011.
- Q. Liu, X. Jia, and Y. Zhou, “Topology control for multi-channel multi-radio wireless mesh networks using directional antennas,” Wireless Networks, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 41–51, 2011.
- N. D. Sidiropoulos, T. N. Davidson, and Z. Luo, “Transmit beamforming for physical-layer multicasting,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 6 I, pp. 2239–2251, 2006.
- A. Lozano, “Long-term transmit beamforming for wlreless multicasting,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (IICASSP '07), pp. III417–III420, April 2007.
- E. Matskani, N. D. Sidiropoulos, and L. Tassiulas, “On multicast beamforming and admission control for UMTS-LTE,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (IICASSP '08), pp. 2361–2364, April 2008.
- F. B. Cross, Smart Antennas for Wireless Communications, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- U. Feige, “A threshold of In n for approximating set cover,” Journal of the ACM, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 634–652, 1998.
- The Enhanced Network Simulator (Version 1. 2), http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/braman/tens/.