- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 679450, 9 pages
How to Authenticate a Device? Formal Authentication Models for M2M Communications Defending against Ghost Compromising Attack
1School of Computer Science, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan 430074, China
2Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Computer Network, Jinan 250014, China
3School of Electronic Engineering, Naval University of Engineering, Wuhan 430033, China
4Department of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 30010, Taiwan
Received 22 August 2012; Revised 27 November 2012; Accepted 29 November 2012
Academic Editor: Liguo Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Wei Ren et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Liu, X. Li, X. Chen, Y. Zhen, and L. Zeng, “Applications of internet of things on smart grid in China,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology: Smart Service Innovation through Mobile Interactivity (ICACT '11), pp. 13–17, Seoul, South Korea, February 2011.
- X. M. Zhang and N. Zhang, “An open, secure and flexible platform based on internet of things and cloud computing for ambient aiding living and telemedicine,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Management (CAMAN '11), pp. 1–4, Wuhan, China, May 2011.
- T. Tielert, M. Killat, H. Hartenstein, R. Luz, S. Hausberger, and T. Benz, “The impact of traffic-light-to-vehicle communication on fuel consumption and emissions,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Internet of Things Conference (IoT '10), pp. 1–8, Tokyo, Japan, December 2010.
- I. Cha, Y. Shah, A. U. Schmidt, A. Leicher, and M. Meyerstein, “Addressing new security threats,” IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 69–75, 2009.
- R. Lu, X. Li, X. Liang, X. Shen, and X. Lin, “GRS: the green, reliability, and security of emerging machine to machine communications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 28–35, 2011.
- A. Bartoli, M. Dohler, J. Hernández-Serrano, A. Kountouris, and D. Barthel, “Low-power low-rate goes long-range: the case for secure and cooperative machine-to-machine communications,” in Proceedings of the IFIP TC 6th International Conference on Networking (Networking '11), vol. 6827 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 219–230, Valencia, Spain, April 2011.
- D. A. Bailey, “Moving 2 mishap: M2M’s impact on privacy and safety,” IEEE Security & Privacy, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 84–87, 2012.
- Y. B. Saied, A. Olivereau, and M. Laurent, “A distributed approach for secure M2M communications,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS '12), pp. 1–7, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2012.
- X. Sun, S. Men, C. Zhao, and Z. Zhou, A Security Authentication Scheme in Machine-to-Machine Home Network Service, Security and Communication Networks, 2012.
- D. He, “Remote authentication of software based on machine’s fingerprint,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 3rd International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science (ICSESS '12), pp. 543–546, Beijing, China, June 2012.
- W. Zhang, Y. Zhang, J. Chen, Hui Li, and Y. Wang, “End-to-end security scheme for machine type communication based on generic authentication architecture,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS '12), pp. 353–359, Bucharest, Romania, September 2012.
- Y. Zhang, J. Chen, H. Li, W. Zhang, J. Cao, and C. Lai, “Dynamic group based authentication protocol for machine type communications,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS '12), pp. 334–341, Bucharest, Romania, September 2012.
- Z. Obrenović and B. den Haak, “Integrating user customization and authentication: the identity crisis,” IEEE Security & Privacy, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 82–85, 2012.
- R. Canetti, “Universally composable security: a new paradigm for cryptographic protocols. Cryptology ePrint archive,” Report 2000/067, 2000, http://eprint.iacr.org/.
- Z. M. Fadlullah, M. M. Fouda, N. Kato, Xuemin Shen, and Y. Nozaki, “An early warning system against malicious activities for smart grid communications,” IEEE Network, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 50–55, 2011.
- A. Bartoli, J. Hernandez-Serrano, M. Soriano, M. Dohler, A. Kountouris, and D. Barthel, “Secure lossless aggregation over fading and shadowing channels for smart grid m2m networks,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 844–864, 2011.
- S. Alam, M. M. R. Chowdhury, and J. Noll, “Interoperability of security-enabled internet of things,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 567–586, 2011.
- K. Chang, A. Soong, M. Tseng, and Z. Xiang, “Global wireless machine-to-machine standardization,” IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 64–69, 2011.
- G. Wu, S. Talwar, K. Johnsson, N. Himayat, and K. D. Johnson, “M2M: from mobile to embedded internet,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 36–43, 2011.
- Y. Zhang, R. Yu, S. Xie, W. Yao, Y. Xiao, and M. Guizani, “Home M2M networks: architectures, standards, and QoS improvement,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 44–52, 2011.