- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 690974, 10 pages
RoadGate: Mobility-Centric Roadside Units Deployment for Vehicular Networks
1State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, China
2Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Received 31 December 2012; Accepted 12 February 2013
Academic Editor: Jianwei Niu
Copyright © 2013 Yongping Xiong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Zhu and S. Roy, “MAC for dedicated short range communications in intelligent transport system,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 60–67, 2003.
- N. Banerjee, M. D. Corner, D. Towsley, and B. N. Levine, “Relays, base stations, and meshes: enhancing mobile networks with infrastructure,” in 14th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '08), pp. 81–91, September 2008.
- J. Ott and D. Kutscher, “Drive-thru internet: IEEE 802.lib for “automobile” users,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '04), pp. 362–373, March 2004.
- V. Navda, A. P. Subramanian, K. Dhanasekaran, A. Timm-Giel, and S. Das, “MobiSteer: using steerable beam directional antenna for vehicular network access,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys '07), pp. 192–205, June 2007.
- A. Balasubramanian, R. Mahajan, A. Venkataramani, B. N. Levine, and J. Zahorjan, “Interactive wifi connectivity for moving vehicles,” ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 427–438, 2008.
- J. Eriksson, H. Balakrishnan, and S. Madden, “Cabernet: Vehicular content delivery using WiFi,” in Proceedings of the 14th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '08), pp. 199–210, September 2008.
- B. Hull, V. Bychkovsky, Y. Zhang et al., “CarTel: a distributed mobile sensor computing system,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '06), pp. 125–138, November 2006.
- C. Lochert, B. Scheuermann, M. Caliskan, and M. Mauve, “The feasibility of information dissemination in vehicular ad-hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual Conference on Wireless on Demand Network Systems and Services (WONS '07), pp. 92–99, January 2007.
- Z. Zheng, P. Sinha, and S. Kumar, “Alpha coverage: Bounding the interconnection gap for vehicular internet access,” in Proceedings of the 28th Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '09), pp. 2831–2835, April 2009.
- Z. Zheng, Z. Lu, P. Sinha, and S. Kumar, “Maximizing the contact opportunity for vehicular internet access,” in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '10), pp. 1–9, March 2010.
- P. Li, X. Huang, Y. Fang, and P. Lin, “Optimal placement of gateways in vehicular networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 56, no. 6 I, pp. 3421–3430, 2007.
- J. Lee and C. M. Kim, “A roadside unit placement scheme for vehicular telematics networks,” in Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology, vol. 6059 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 196–202, Springer, 2010.
- C. Lochert, B. Scheuermann, C. Wewetzer, A. Luebke, and M. Mauve, “Data aggregation and roadside unit placement for a vanet traffic information system,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Workshop on VehiculAr Inter-NETworking (VANET '08), pp. 58–65, September 2008.
- A. Kchiche and F. Kamoun, “Centrality-based Access-Points deployment for vehicular networks,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT '10), pp. 700–706, April 2010.
- O. Trullols, M. Fiore, C. Casetti, C. F. Chiasserini, and J. M. Barcelo Ordinas, “Planning roadside infrastructure for information dissemination in intelligent transportation systems,” Computer Communications, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 432–442, 2010.
- Y. Sun, X. Lin, R. Lu, X. Shen, and J. Su, “Roadside units deployment for efficient short-time certificate updating in VANETs,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '10), pp. 1–5, May 2010.
- A. Abdrabou and W. Zhuang, “Probabilistic delay control and road side unit placement for vehicular ad hoc networks with disrupted connectivity,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 129–139, 2011.
- I. Filippini, F. Malandrino, G. Dan, M. Cesana, C. Casetti, and I. Marsh, “Non-cooperative RSU deployment in vehicular networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th Annual Conference on Wireless On-Demand Network Systems and Services (WONS '12), pp. 79–82, January 2012.
- J. Ghosh, S. J. Philip, and C. Qiao, “Sociological orbit aware location approximation and routing in MANET,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Broadband Networks (BROADNETS '05), pp. 688–697, October 2005.
- C. Liu and J. Wu, “Routing in a cyclic mobispace,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc '08), pp. 351–360, May 2008.
- M. Piorkowski, “Mobility-centric geocasting for mobile partitioned networks,” in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP '08), pp. 228–237, October 2008.
- V. Naumov, R. Baumann, and T. Gross, “An evaluation of inter-vehicle ad hoc networks based on realistic vehicular traces,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MOBIHOC '06), pp. 108–119, May 2006.
- B. Raney, A. Voellmy, N. Cetin, M. Vrtic, and K. Nagel, “Towards a microscopic traffic simulation of all of switzerland,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS '02), vol. 2329 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 371–380, Springer, London, UK, 2002.
- A. Keranen, J. Ott, and T. Karkkainen, “The ONE simulator for DTN protocol evaluation,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (ICST '09), pp. 1–10, May, 2009.