- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 762503, 7 pages
Pervasive Urban Sensing with Large-Scale Mobile Probe Vehicles
1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
2Shanghai Key Laboratory of Scalable Computing and Systems, Shanghai 200240, China
3HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Received 26 October 2012; Accepted 9 January 2013
Academic Editor: Yan Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Yanmin Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Portland traffic signals optimization,” http://www.climatetrust.org/.
- “Statistics researchers predict road traffic conditions,” http://domino.watson.ibm.com/comm/research.nsf/pages/r.statistics.innovation. traffic.html.
- J. Vrancken and O. Kruse, “Intelligent control in networks: the case of road traffic management,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference in Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC ’06), pp. 308–311, 2006.
- “Signal optimization in seattle,” http://www.cityofseattle.net/transportation/.
- B. A. Toledo, V. Muñoz, J. Rogan, C. Tenreiro, and J. A. Valdivia, “Modeling traffic through a sequence of traffic lights,” Physical Review E, vol. 70, no. 1, Article ID 016107, 2004.
- D. Ben-Arieh, S. Chang, M. Rys, and G. Zhang, “Geometric modeling of highways using global positioning system data and b-spline approximation,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 632–636, 2004.
- S. Schroedl, K. Wagstaff, S. Rogers, P. Langley, and C. Wilson, “Mining GPS traces for map refinement,” Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 59–87, 2004.
- M. Castro, L. Iglesias, R. Rodríuez-Solano, and J. A. Sánchez, “Geometric modelling of highways using global positioning system (gps) data modelling of highways using global positioning system (gps) data and spline approximation,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 233–243, 2006.
- S. Worrall and E. Nebot, “Automated process for generating digitised maps through GPS data compression,” in Proceedings of the Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2007.
- Z. Li, Y. Zhu, H. Zhu, and M. Li, “Compressive sensing approach to urban traffic sensing,” in Proceedings of the 31st IEEE International Conference in Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS '11), pp. 889–898, 2011.
- K. Liu, T. Yamamoto, and T. Morikawa, “Feasibility of using taxi dispatch system as probes for collecting traffic Information,” Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems: Technology, Planning, and Operations, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 16–27, 2009.
- L. Cao and J. Krumm, “From GPS traces to a routable road map,” in Proceedings of the 17th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS '09), pp. 3–12, November 2009.
- L. Zhang, F. Thiemann, and M. Sester, “Integration of gps traces with road map,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science, 2010.
- Y. Wang, Y. Zhu, Z. He, Y. Yue, and Q. Li, “Challenges and opportunities in exploiting large-scale GPS probe data,” Tech. Rep. HPL-2011-109, HP Labs, 2011.
- F. van Diggelen, “GNSS accuracy: lies, damn lies, and statistics,” GPS World, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 26–32, 2007.
- A. Balasubramanian, R. Mahajan, A. Venkataramani, B. N. Levine, and J. Zahorjan, “Interactive wifi connectivity for moving vehicles,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM Conference on Data Communication (SIGCOMM '08), pp. 427–438, ACM, August 2008.
- X. Zhang, J. K. Kurose, B. N. Levine, D. Towsley, and H. Zhang, “Study of a bus-based disruption-tolerant network: mobility modeling and impact on routing,” in Proceedings of the 13th Annual ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 195–206, ACM, September 2007.
- V. Bychkovsky, B. Hull, A. Miu, H. Balakrishnan, and S. Madden, “A measurement study of vehicular internet access using in situ Wi-Fi networks,” in Proceedings of the 12th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '06), pp. 50–61, ACM, September 2006.
- J. Jeong, S. Guo, Y. Gu, T. He, and D. Du, “Tbd: Trajectory-based data forwarding for light-traffic vehicular networks,” in Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 231–238, IEEE, 2009.
- S. Nelson, M. Bakht, R. Kravets, and A. Harris III, “Encounter: based routing in dtns,” ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Computing and Communications Review, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 56–59, 2009.
- J. Zhao and G. Cao, “VADD: Vehicle-assisted data delivery in vehicular ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '06), vol. 6, April 2006.
- B. Coifman, “Improved velocity estimation using single loop detectors,” Transportation Research A, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 863–880, 2001.
- W. Chou, “Maximum a posterior linear regression with elliptically symmetric matrix variate priors,” in Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology, 1999.
- J. A. K. Suykens and J. Vandewalle, “Least squares support vector machine classifiers,” Neural Processing Letters, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 293–300, 1999.
- “More than 50 crashes on bay bridge curve,” USA Today, 2009, http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-18-bay-bridge N.htm.
- R. L. Bertini and S. Tantiyanugulchai, “Transit buses as traffic probes: use of geolocation data for empirical evaluation,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1870, pp. 35–45, 2004.
- Y. Chen and J. Krumm, “Probabilistic modeling of traffic lanes from GPS traces,” in Proceedings of the 18th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS '10), pp. 81–88, November 2010.