- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 797354, 12 pages
Pymote: High Level Python Library for Event-Based Simulation and Evaluation of Distributed Algorithms
Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Rijeka, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Received 4 November 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editor: Long Cheng
Copyright © 2013 Damir Arbula and Kristijan Lenac. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- ns-2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/.
- I. T. Downard, “Simulating sensor networks in ns-2,” Tech. Rep., Naval Research Laboratory, 2004.
- Mannasim simulator, http://www.mannasim.dcc.ufmg.br.
- Omnet++ simulation system, http://www.omnetpp.org/.
- A. Varga, “e omnet++ discrete event simulation system,” in Proceedings of the European Simulation Multi-conference (ESM '01), Prague, Czech Republic, June 2001.
- A. Boulis, “Castalia: revealing pitfalls in designing distributed algorithms in wsn,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '07), 2007.
- J-Sim, https://sites.google.com/site/jsimofficial/.
- P. Levis, N. Lee, M. Welsh, and D. Culler, “TOSSIM: accurate and scalable simulation of entire TinyOS applications,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), November 2003.
- P. Levis, S. Madden, J. Polastre et al., “Tinyos: an operating system for sensor networks,” in Ambient Intelligence, W. Weber, J. Rabaey, and E. Aarts, Eds., pp. 115–148, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-27139-2_7.
- H. Sundani, H. Li, V. K. Devabhaktuni, M. Alam, and P. Bhattacharya, “Wireless sensor network simulators: a survey and comparisons,” International Journal of Computer Networks, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 249–265, 2011.
- E. Egea-Lopez, J. Vales-Alonso, A. S. Martinez-Sala, P. Pavon-Marino, and J. Garcia-Haro, “Simulation tools for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Summer Simulation Multiconference (SPECTS '05), 2005.
- S. Mehta, N. Sulatan, and K. S. Kwak, “Network and system simulation tools for next generation networks: a case study,” in Modelling, Simulation and Identification, A. Mohamed, Ed., InTech, 2010.
- L. Shu, M. Hauswirth, H. C. Chao, M. Chen, and Y. Zhang, “Nettopo: a framework of simulation and visualization for wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 9, pp. 799–820, 2011.
- Algosensim, http://tcs.unige.ch/doku.php/code/algosensim/overview.
- A. Kroeller, D. Pfisterer, C. Buschmann, S. Fekete, and S. Fischer, “Shawn: a new approach to simulating wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Design, Analysis, and Simulation of Distributed Systems (DASD '05), San Diego, Calif, USA, 2005, https://github.com/itm/shawn.
- Sinalgo, http://dcg.ethz.ch/projects/sinalgo/.
- N. Santoro, Design and Analysis of Distributed Algorithms, Parallel and Distributed Computing, John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- F. Pérez and B. E. Granger, “Ipython: a system for interactive scientific computing, computing,” Science and Engineering, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 21–29, 2007.
- E. Jones, T. Oliphant, P. Peterson, et al., “SciPy: open source scientific tools for Python,” 2001, http://www.scipy.org/.
- A. A. Hagberg, D. A. Schult, and P. J. Swart, “Exploring network structure, dynamics, and function using Net-workX,” in Proceedings of the 7th Python inScience Conference (SciPy '08), Pasadena, Calif, USA, August 2008.
- D. Niculescu and B. Nath, “DV based positioning in ad hoc networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 22, no. 1–4, pp. 267–280, 2003.