- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 826482, 8 pages
Proficient Node Scheduling Protocol for Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks
1Research Scholar, Faculty of Information and Communication Engg., Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 025, India
2Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Pavendar Bharathidasan College Engineering and Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620 024, India
3Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, SKP Engineering College, Tiruvannamali, Tamil Nadu 606 611, India
4Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Sri Sairam Engineering College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 044, India
Received 2 March 2013; Revised 10 July 2013; Accepted 10 July 2013
Academic Editor: Shuai Li
Copyright © 2013 R. Saravanakumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Saeidmanesh, M. Hajimohammadi, and A. Meagher, Energy and Distance Based Clustering: An Energy Efficient Clustering Method for WSNs, World Academy of science, Engineering and Technology, 2009.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, “Wireless sensor networks survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2292–2330, 2008.
- S. D. Muruganathan, D. C. F. Ma, R. I. Bhasin, and A. O. Fapojuwo, “A centralized energy-efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. S8–S13, 2005.
- G. Hu, D.-M. Xie, and Y.-Z. Wu, “Research and improvement of LEACH for wireless sensor networks,” Chinese Journal of Sensors and Actuators, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1391–1396, 2007.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in The 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS '00), p. 223, IEEE Computer Society, Maui, Hawaii, USA, January 2000.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- Y. Li and Y. Li, “Energy-efficient clustering routing algorithm based on LEACH,” Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1103–1105, 2007.
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, M. Di Francesco, and A. Passarella, “Energy conservation in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 537–568, 2009.
- H. Y. Shwe, X.-H. Jiang, and S. Horiguchi, “Energy saving in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Communication and Computer, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 20–27, 2009.
- D. Kumar, T. C. Aseri, and R. B. Patel, “EEHC: energy efficient heterogeneous clustered scheme for wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 662–667, 2009.
- S. Singh, A. K. Chauhan, S. Raghav, V. Tyagi, and S. Johri, “Heterogeneous protocol for increasing lifetime of wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Global Research in Computer Science, vol. 2, no. 4, 2011.