- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 830950, 6 pages
Energy-Efficient Node Selection for Target Tracking in Wireless Sensor Networks
Faculty of Mechanical & Electronic Information, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
Received 24 October 2012; Accepted 3 January 2013
Academic Editor: Shuai Li
Copyright © 2013 Yong Wang and Dianhong Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Gupta, C. Gui, and P. Mohapatra, “Mobile target tracking using sensor networks,” in Mobile, Wireless, and Sensor Networks: Technology, Applications, and Future Direction, pp. 173–196, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- S. Bhatti and J. Xu, “Survey of target tracking protocols using wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communications (ICWMC '09), pp. 110–115, August 2009.
- A. A. Abbasi and M. Younis, “A survey on clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 30, no. 14-15, pp. 2826–2841, 2007.
- H. Rowaihy, S. Eswaran, M. Johnson et al., “A survey of sensor selection schemes in wireless sensor networks,” in Unattended Ground, Sea, and Air Sensor Technologies and Applications IX, Proceedings of SPIE, April 2007.
- F. Zhao, J. Shin, and J. Reich, “Information-driven dynamic sensor collaboration,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 61–72, 2002.
- D. Guo and X. Wang, “Dynamic sensor collaboration via sequential Monte Carlo,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1037–1047, 2004.
- Z. Y. Yang, B. Y. Zheng, and J. W. Cai, “Distributed particle filter for target tracking in wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the 14th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO '06), Florence, Italy, September 2006.
- H. Wang, G. Pottie, K. Yao, and D. Estrin, “Entropy-based sensor selection heuristic for target localization,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '04), pp. 36–45, April 2004.
- P. V. Pahalawatta, T. N. Pappas, and A. K. Katsaggelos, “Optimal sensor selection for video-based target tracking in a wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '04), pp. 3073–3076, October 2004.
- R. Tharmarasa, T. Kirubarajan, and M. L. Hernandez, “Large-scale optimal sensor array management for multitarget tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part C, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 803–814, 2007.
- J. Chen, K. Cao, K. Li, and Y. Sun, “Distributed sensor activation algorithm for target tracking with binary sensor networks,” Cluster Computing, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 55–64, 2011.
- X. Wang, J. J. Ma, S. Wang, and D. W. Bi, “Prediction-based dynamic energy management in wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 251–266, 2007.
- X. Wang and S. Wang, “Collaborative signal processing for target tracking in distributed wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 501–515, 2007.
- F. Delicato, F. Protti, L. Pirmez, and J. F. de Rezende, “An efficient heuristic for selecting active nodes in wireless sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 50, no. 18, pp. 3701–3720, 2006.
- M. S. Arulampalam, S. Maskell, N. Gordon, and T. Clapp, “A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 174–188, 2002.
- L. Liu, X. Zhang, and H. Ma, “Dynamic node collaboration for mobile target tracking in wireless camera sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 28th Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM '09), pp. 1188–1196, April 2009.