- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 867385, 11 pages
An Overlapping Clustering Approach for Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks
School of Software, Dalian University of Technology, China
Received 10 January 2013; Accepted 13 February 2013
Academic Editor: Lei Shu
Copyright © 2013 Zhenquan Qin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, “Wireless sensor network survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2292–2330.
- K. Akkaya and M. Younis, “A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 325–349, 2005.
- D. Johnsort, “Routing in ad hoc networks of mobile hosts,” in Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (WMCSA '94), pp. 158–163, IEEE, 1994.
- S. Soro and W. B. Heinzelman, “Prolonging the lifetime of wireless sensor networks via unequal clustering,” in Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '05), p. 8, IEEE, April 2005.
- J. H. Chang and L. Tassiulas, “Maximum lifetime routing in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 609–619, 2004.
- C. Perkins and P. Bhagwat, “Highly dynamic destination-sequenced distance-vector routing (dsdv) for mobile computers,” ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 234–244, 1994.
- B. Karp and H. T. Kung, “GPSR: Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing for wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '00), pp. 243–254, ACM, August 2000.
- L. Shu, Y. Zhang, L. T. Yang, Y. Wang, M. Hauswirth, and N. Xiong, “TPGF: geographic routing in wireless multimedia sensor networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 44, no. 1-2, pp. 79–95, 2010.
- V. Rodoplu and T. H. Meng, “Minimum energy mobile wireless networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1333–1344, 1999.
- Y. Xu, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “Geography-informed energy conservation for ad hoc routing,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 70–84, ACM, July 2001.
- Y. Yu, R. Govindan, and D. Estrin, “Geographical and energy aware routing: a recursive data dissemination protocol for wireless sensor networks,” Tech. Rep., Citeseer, 2001.
- A. A. Abbasi and M. Younis, “A survey on clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 30, no. 14-15, pp. 2826–2841, 2007.
- D. J. Baker and A. Ephremides, “The architectural organization of a mobile radio network via a distributed algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1694–1701, 1981.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS '00), p. 10, IEEE, January 2000.
- S. Basagni, “Distributed clustering for ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms, and Networks (I-SPAN ’99), pp. 310–315, IEEE, 1999.
- A. Manjeshwar and D. Agrawal, “Teen: a routing protocol for enhanced efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing Issues in Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing, vol. 22, 2001.
- S. Basagni, “Distributed and mobility-adaptive clustering for multimedia support in multi-hop wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE VTS 50th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '99), pp. 889–893, IEEE, September 1999.
- A. Manjeshwar and D. Agrawal, “Apteen: a hybrid protocol for efficient routing and comprehensive information retrieval in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, p. 48, 2002.
- M. Younis, M. Youssef, and K. Arisha, “Energy-aware routing in cluster-based sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunications Systems (MASCOTS '02), pp. 129–136, IEEE, 2002.
- M. Youssef, A. Youssef, and M. Younis, “Overlapping multihop clustering for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 1844–1856, 2009.
- S. Lindsey and C. Raghavendra, “Pegasis: power-efficient gathering in sensor information systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference, vol. 3, pp. 3–1125, IEEE, 2002.
- S. Lindsey, C. Raghavendra, and K. M. Sivalingam, “Data gathering algorithms in sensor networks using energy metrics,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 924–935, 2002.
- M. Youssef, M. Younis, and K. Arisha, “A constrained shortest-path energy-aware routing algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '02), vol. 2, pp. 794–799, IEEE, 2002.
- L. Subramanian and R. Katz, “An architecture for building selfconfigurable systems,” in Proceedings of the 1st Annual Workshop on Mobile and Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHOC '00), pp. 63–73, IEEE, 2000.
- F. Kuhn, R. Wattenhofer, Y. Zhang, and A. Zollinger, “Geometric ad-hoc routing: of theory and practice,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC '03), pp. 63–72, ACM, July 2003.
- B. Leong, S. Mitra, and B. Liskov, “Path vector face routing: geographic routing with local face information,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP '05), pp. 147–158, IEEE, November 2005.
- S. Nath and P. B. Gibbons, “Communicating via fireflies: geographic routing on duty-cycled sensors,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '07), pp. 440–449, April 2007.
- W. Heinzelman, Application-specific protocol architectures for wireless networks [Ph.D. dissertation], Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2000.
- L. Shu, C. Wu, Y. Zhang, J. Chen, L. Wang, and M. Hauswirth, “Nettopo: beyond simulator and visualizer for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Future Generation Communication and Networking (FGCN ’08), vol. 1, pp. 17–20, IEEE, 2008.
- Y. Chen and Q. Zhao, “On the lifetime of wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 976–978, 2005.