- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 867903, 15 pages
Energy-Efficient Bridge Detection Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks
International Computer Institute Bornova, Ege University, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Received 27 January 2013; Accepted 8 April 2013
Academic Editor: Hongju Cheng
Copyright © 2013 Orhan Dagdeviren and Vahid Khalilpour Akram. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Mainwaring, J. Polastre, R. Szewczyk, D. Culler, and J. Anderson, “Wireless sensor networks for habitat monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications (WSNA '02), pp. 88–97, Atlanta, Ga, USA, September 2002.
- S. H. Lee, S. Lee, H. Song, and H. S. Lee, “Wireless sensor network design for tactical military applications: remote large-scale environments,” in Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Military Communications (MILCOM '09), pp. 911–917, Boston, Mass, USA, 2009.
- S. Hussain, S. Schaffner, and D. Moseychuck, “Applications ofwireless sensor networks and RFID in a smart home environment,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual Communication Networks and Services Research Conference (CNSR '09), pp. 153–157, Moncton, Canada, May 2009.
- R. Tarjan, “Depth-first search and linear graph algorithms,” SIAM Journal on Computing, vol. 1, pp. 146–160, 1972.
- Y. D. Liang and C. Rhee, “Optimal algorithm for finding biconnected components in permutation graphs,” in Proceedings of the ACM Computer Science Conference (CSC '95), pp. 104–108, Nashville, Tenn, USA, March 1995.
- R. Thurimella, “Sub-linear distributed algorithms for sparse certificates and biconnected components,” in Proceedings of the 14th Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC '95), pp. 28–37, Ontario, Canada, August 1995.
- B. Milic, N. Milanovic, and M. Malek, “Prediction of partitioning in location-aware mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 38th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS '05), vol. 9, p. 306, Big Island, Hawaii, USA, January 2005.
- V. Turau, “Computing bridges, articulations, and 2-connected components in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on Algorithmic Aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks (ALGOSENSORS '06), pp. 164–175, Springer, Venice, Italy, 2006.
- B. Milic and M. Malek, “Adaptation of the breadth first search algorithm for cut-edge detection in wireless multihop networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM '07), pp. 377–386, Chania, Greece, October 2007.
- S. Wang, X. Mao, S. J. Tang, X. Y. Li, J. Zhao, and G. Dai, “On movement-assisted connectivity restoration in wireless sensor and actor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 687–694, 2011.
- T. H. Cormen, C. E. Leiserson, R. L. Rivest, and C. Stein, Introduction to Algorithms, McGraw-Hill, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 2001.
- K. Lu, L. Huang, Y. Wan, and H. Xu, “Energy-efficient data gathering in large wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems (ICESS '05), pp. 327–331, Xi'an, China, 2005.
- H. Haanpaa, A. Schumacher, T. Thaler, and P. Orponen, “Distributed computation of maximum lifetime spanning subgraphs in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (MSN '07), pp. 445–456, Springer, Beijing, China, 2007.
- K. Erciyes, D. Ozsoyeller, and O. Dagdeviren, “Distributed algorithms to form cluster based spanning trees in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS '08), pp. 519–528, Springer, Kraków, Poland, 2008.
- S. Chen, M. Coolbeth, H. Dinh, Y.-A. Kim, and B. Wang, “Data collection with multiple sinks in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems, and Applications (WASA '09), pp. 284–294, Springer, Boston, Mass, USA, 2009.
- V. Savic, A. Población, S. Zazo, and M. García, “An experimental study of RSS-based indoor localization using nonparametric belief propagation based on spanning trees,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM '10), pp. 238–243, Venice, Italy, July 2010.
- I. Cidon, “Yet another distributed depth-first-search algorithm,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 301–305, 1988.
- W. Hohberg, “How to find biconnected components in distributed networks,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 374–386, 1990.
- P. Chaudhuri, “An optimal distributed algorithm for computing bridge-connected components,” Computer Journal, vol. 40, pp. 200–207, 1997.
- Y. H. Tsin, “Some remarks on distributed depth-first search,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 82, pp. 173–178, 2002.
- D. Pritchard, “An optimal distributed bridge-finding algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 25th Annual ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC '06), Denver, Colo, USA, July 2006.
- O. Dagdeviren and K. Erciyes, “Graph matching-based distributed clustering and backbone formation algorithms for sensor networks,” Computer Journal, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 1553–1575, 2010.
- P. Sommer and R. Wattenhofer, “Gradient clock synchronization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '09), pp. 37–48, San Francisco, Calif, USA, April 2009.
- H. Cheng, Q. Liu, and X. Jia, “Heuristic algorithms for real-time data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC '06), pp. 1123–1128, Vancouver, Canada, July 2006.
- “IEEE Standard for Information technology-Telecom. and information exchange between systems-Local and metropolitan area networks-Specific requirements-Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control and Physical Layer Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks,” 2003.
- “IEEE 802.11 Standard Working Group, Draft Standard for Information Technology—Telecom. and Information Exchange Between Systems—LAN/MAN Specific requirements Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control and Physical Layer Specifications,” 2007.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “Medium access control with coordinated adaptive sleeping for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 493–506, 2004.
- L. Choi, S. H. Lee, and H. Choi, “M-mac: mobility-based link management protocol for mobile sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Software Technologies for Future Dependable Distributed Systems (STF-SSD '09), pp. 210–214, Tokyo, Japan, 2009.
- J. Polastre, J. Hill, and D. Culler, “Versatile low power media access for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 95–107, Baltimore, Md, USA, 2004.
- V. Rajendran, K. Obraczka, and J. J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves, “Energy-efficient, collision-free medium access control for wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 63–78, 2006.
- B. Awerbuch, “A new distributed depth-first-search algorithm,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 20, pp. 147–150, 1985.
- K. B. Lakshmanan, N. Meenakshi, and K. Thulasiraman, “A time-optimal message-efficient distributed algorithm for depth-first-search,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 103–109, 1987.
- M. B. Sharma and S. S. Iyengar, “An efficient distributed depth-first-search algorithm,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 32, pp. 183–186, 1989.
- T.-Y. Cheung, “Graph traversal techniques and the maximum flow problem in distributed computation,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 9, pp. 504–512, 1983.
- D. Kumar, S. S. Iyengar, and M. B. Sharma, “Corrigenda: corrections to a distributed depth-first search algorithm,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 35, pp. 55–56, 1990.
- S. A. M. Makki and G. Havas, “Distributed algorithms for depth-first search,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 7–12, 1996.
- P. Levis, N. Lee, M. Welsh, and D. Culler, “TOSSIM: accurate and scalable simulation of entire TinyOS applications,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), pp. 126–137, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, November 2003.