- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 932673, 14 pages
A Proximity-Based Concurrent Access Strategy to Improve Throughput in VANETs
1State Key Laboratory of Integrated Services Networks, Xidian University, Xi’an 710071, China
2CCCC First Highway Consultants Co. Ltd., Xi’an 710075, China
3Guilin University of Electronic Technology, Guilin 541004, China
Received 12 April 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editor: Shukui Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Chen Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Bononi and M. Di Felice, “A cross layered MAC and clustering scheme for efficient broadcast in VANETs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Internatonal Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '07), pp. 1–8, October 2007.
- M. Bakhouya, J. Gaber, and P. Lorenz, “An adaptive approach for information dissemination in Vehicular Ad hoc Networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1971–1978, 2011.
- A. Daeinabi, A. G. Pour Rahbar, and A. Khademzadeh, “VWCA: an efficient clustering algorithm in vehicular ad hoc networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 207–222, 2011.
- S. Eichler, “Performance evaluation of the IEEE 802.11p WAVE communication standard,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 66th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '07), pp. 2199–2203, Baltimore, Md, USA, October 2007.
- T. ElBatt, S. K. Goel, G. Holland, H. Krishnan, and J. Parikh, “Cooperative collision warning using dedicated short range wireless communications,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET '06), pp. 1–9, September 2006.
- A. Carter, “The status of vehicle-to-vehicle communication as a means of improving crash prevention performance,” Tech. Rep., NHTSA, 2005.
- E. Schoch, F. Kargl, M. Weber, and T. Leinmüller, “Communication patterns in VANETs,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 119–125, 2008.
- H. Hartenstein and K. P. Laberteaux, “A tutorial survey on vehicular ad hoc networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 164–171, 2008.
- V. Srivastava, J. Neel, and A. B. MacKenzie, “Using game theory to analyze wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 46–56, 2005.
- A. T. Campbell, M. Conti, and S. Giordano, “Editorial: mobile ad hoc networks,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 483–484, 2003.
- M. Mejia, N. Peña, J. L. Muñoz, O. Esparza, and M. A. Alzate, “A game theoretic trust model for on-line distributed evolution of cooperation inMANETs,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 39–51, 2011.
- X. Liu, X. Fang, X. Chen, and X. Peng, “A bidding model and cooperative game-based vertical handoff decision algorithm,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 1263–1271, 2011.
- K. Akkarajitsakul, E. Hossain, and D. Niyato, “Distributed resource allocation in wireless networks under uncertainty and application of Bayesian game,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 120–127, 2011.
- X. Liao, D. Hao, and K. Sakurai, “Classification on attacks in wireless ad hoc networks: a game theoretic view,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Networked Computing and Advanced Information Management (NCM '11), pp. 144–149, June 2011.
- S. Sergi, F. Pancaldi, and G. M. Vitetta, “A game theoretical approach to the management of transmission selection scheme in wireless Ad-Hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 2799–2804, 2010.
- F. Wang and O. Younis, “GMAC: a game-theoretic MAC protocol for mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc and Wireless Networks, pp. 1–9, 2006.
- H. Lee, H. Kwon, A. Motskin, and L. Guibas, “Interference-aware MAC protocol for wireless networks by a game-theoretic approach,” in Proceedings of the 28th Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM '09), pp. 1854–1862, April 2009.
- D. Krishnaswamy and M. Van Der Schaar, “Adaptive modulated scalable video transmission over wireless networks with a game theoretic approach,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 6th Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 107–110, October 2004.
- C. U. Saraydar, N. B. Mandayam, and D. J. Goodman, “Efficient power control via pricing in wireless data networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 291–303, 2002.
- F. Wang, O. Younis, and M. Krunz, “Throughput-oriented MAC for mobile ad hoc networks: a game-theoretic approach,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 98–117, 2009.
- S. Adlakha, R. Johari, and A. J. Goldsmith, “Competition in wireless systems via Bayesian interference games,” CoRR, Informal Publication, 2007.
- S. Agarwal, R. H. Katz, S. V. Krishnamurthy, and S. K. Dao, “Distributed power control in ad-hoc wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '01), vol. 2, pp. F59–F66, October 2001.
- V. Kawadia and P. R. Kumar, “Power control and clustering in ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '03), pp. 459–469, April 2003.
- A. Muqattash and M. Krunz, “POWMAC: a single-channel power-control protocol for throughput enhancement in wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 1067–1084, 2005.
- A. Muqattash and M. Krunz, “Power controlled dual channel (PCDC) medium access protocol for wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 470–480, April 2003.
- J. P. Monks, V. Bharghavan, and W. W. Hwu, “A power controlled multiple access protocol for wireless packet networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (IEEE INFOCOM '01), pp. 219–228, April 2001.
- Y. Sun, E. M. Belding-Royer, and C. E. Perkins, “Internet connectivity for ad hoc mobile networks,” International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 75–88, 2002.
- S. Nittel, M. Duckham, and L. Kulik, “Information dissemination in mobile ad-hoc geosensor networks,” in Geographic Information Science, pp. 206–222, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2004.
- T. Vercauteren, A. L. Toledo, and X. Wang, “Batch and sequential bayesian estimators of the number of active terminals in an IEEE 802.11 network,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 437–450, 2007.
- W. Xiuchao and A. L. Ananda, “Link characteristics estimation for IEEE 802.11 DCF based WLAN,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual IEEE International Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN '04), pp. 302–309, November 2004.
- S. Venkatraman and J. Caffery Jr., “Hybrid TOA/AOA techniques for mobile location in non-line-of-sight environments,” Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '04), vol. 1, pp. 274–278, 2004.
- P. Gupta and P. R. Kumar, “The capacity of wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 388–404, 2000.
- M. Grossglauser and D. N. C. Tse, “Mobility increases the capacity of ad hoc wireless networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 477–486, 2002.
- F. Bai, N. Sadagopan, and A. Helmy, “IMPORTANT: a framework to systematically analyze the Impact of Mobility on Performance of RouTing protocols for Adhoc NeTworks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications (INFOCOM '03), vol. 2, pp. 825–835, 2003.