- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 950704, 12 pages
A Review of IEEE 802.15.6 MAC, PHY, and Security Specifications
1Department of Information System, College of Computer and Information Science, King Saud University, Riyadh 11543, Saudi Arabia
2Chair of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, King Saud University, Riyadh 11543, Saudi Arabia
3Department of EEC Engineering, Korea Tech, Cheonan 330-708, Republic of Korea
Received 24 December 2012; Accepted 12 March 2013
Academic Editor: Muhammad Khurram Khan
Copyright © 2013 Sana Ullah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Ullah, H. Higgins, B. Braem et al., “A comprehensive survey of wireless body area networks—on PHY, MAC, and network layers solutions,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 1065–1094, 2012.
- M. Chen, “Body area networks: a survey,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 171–193, 2011.
- B. Latré, B. Braem, I. Moerman, C. Blondia, and P. Demeester, “A survey on wireless body area networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2011.
- 2012, http://www.ieee802.org/15/pub/TG6.html.
- T. Baykas, C. S. Sum, Z. Lan et al., “IEEE 802.15.3c: the first IEEE wireless standard for data rates over 1 Gb/s,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 114–121, 2011.
- E. Karapistoli, F. N. Pavlidou, I. Gragopoulos, and I. Tsetsinas, “An overview of the IEEE 802.15.4a standard,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2010.
- R. Lampe, R. Hach, and L. Menzer, “Chirp spread spectrum (CSS) PHY presentation for 802. 15. 4a, IEEE P802. 15,” Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN), 2004.
- J. A. Gutierrez, M. Naeve, E. Callaway, M. Bourgeois, V. Mitter, and B. Heile, “IEEE 802.15.4: a developing standard for low-power low-cost wireless personal area networks,” IEEE Network, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 12–19, 2001.
- IEEE WLAN, 2012, http://www.ieee802.org/11/.
- IEEE WPAN Task Group 1, 2012, http://www.ieee802.org/15/pub/TG1.html.
- IEEE Std. 802. 15. 4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low Data Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN), IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2006.
- “IEEE P802. 15. 6, Wireless medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications for wireless personal area networks (WPANs) used in or around a body,” 2012.
- M. Hernandez and R. Miura, “Coexistence of IEEE Std 802. 15. 6TM-2012 UWB-PHY with other UWB systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband (ICUWB), pp. 46–50, September 2012.
- A. W. Astrin, H. B. Li, and R. Kohno, “Standardization for body area networks,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 366–372, 2009.
- H. B. Li, K. Takizawa, and R. Kohno, “Trends and standardization of body area network (BAN) for medical healthcare,” in Proceedings of the 1st European Wireless Technology Conference (EuWiT' 08), pp. 1–4, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, October 2008.
- S. Rashwand, J. Mišić, and H. Khazaei, “IEEE 802.15.6 under saturation: some problems to be expected,” Journal of Communications and Networks, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 142–148, 2011.
- S. Rashwand and J. V. Misic, “Effects of access phases lengths on performance of IEEE 802. 15. 6 CSMA/CA,” Computer Networks, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 2832–2846, 2012.
- S. Rashwand and J. Mišić, “Performance evaluation of IEEE 802.15.6 under non-saturation condition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM' 11), pp. 1–6, Houston, Tex, USA, December 2011.
- S. Ullah and K. S. Kwak, “Throughput and delay limits of IEEE 802.15.6,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC' 11), pp. 174–178, Cancun, Mexico, March 2011.
- S. Ullah, M. Chen, and K. S. Kwak, “Throughput and delay analysis of IEEE 802. 15. 6-based CSMA/CA protocol,” Journal of Medical System, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 3875–3891, 2012.
- K. S. Kwak, S. Ullah, and N. Ullah, “An overview of IEEE 802.15.6 standard,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies (ISABEL' 10), pp. 1–6, Rome, Italy, November 2010.
- NIST Special Publication 800-38B, 2005.
- H. E. Michail, A. P. Kakarountas, G. Selimis, and C. E. Goutis, “Throughput optimization of the cipher message authentication code,” in Proceedings of the15th International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP' 07), pp. 495–498, Cardiff, UK, July 2007.
- A. A. Adekunle and S. R. Woodhead, “Zone based systems design framework for the realisation of efficient block cipher based message authentication code algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Availability, Reliability, and Security (ARES' 10), pp. 216–221, Krakow, Poland, February 2010.
- A. Astarloa, A. Zuloaga, J. Lázaro, J. Jiménez, and C. Cuadrado, “Scalable 128-bit AES-CM crypto-core reconfigurable implementation for secure communications,” in Proceedings of the Applied Electronics International Conference (AE' 09), pp. 37–42, Pilsen, Czech Republic, September 2009.
- M. K. Khan and J. Zhang, “Improving the security of ‘a flexible biometrics remote user authentication scheme’,” Computer Standards and Interfaces, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 82–85, 2007.
- NIST Special Publication 800-38C, 2004.