- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 980962, 13 pages
An Approach to Design and Implement RFID Middleware System over Cloud Computing
School of Computer Science, University of Electronics and Science Technology of China, Chengdu 610054, China
Received 22 December 2012; Revised 11 April 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Xinrong Li
Copyright © 2013 Wenhong Tian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Ma, H. Chao, J. Chen, and C. Wu, “Load-balancing mechanism for the RFID middleware applications over grid networking,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 811–820, 2011.
- I. Abad, C. Cerrada, J. A. Cerrada, R. Heradio, and E. Valero, “Managing RFID sensors networks with a general purpose RFID middleware,” Sensors, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 7719–7737, 2012.
- C. Floerkemeier and M. Lampe, “RFID middleware design: addressing application requirements and RFID constraints,” in Proceedings of the Smart Objects Conference (SOC '05), pp. 219–224, Grenoble, France, October 2005.
- EPCglobal Inc, http://www.epcglobalinc.org/.
- X. Huang, S. Le, and D. Sharma, “A taxonomy for RFID systems,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication System, pp. 1–8, Gold Coast, Australia, December 2007.
- M. A. E. Khaddar, M. Boulmalf, H. Harroud, and M. Elkoutbi, “RFID middleware design and architecture, book chapter, design and deploying RFID applications”.
- R. Want, “An introduction to RFID technology,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 25–33, 2006.
- R. Weinstein, “RFID: a technical overview and its application to the enterprise,” IT Professional, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 27–33, 2005.
- K. Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook: Radio-Frequency Identification Fundamentals and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- B. Nath, F. Reynolds, and R. Want, “RFID technology and applications,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 22–24, 2006.
- “ALE_1_1_1-standard-core-20090313[EB/OL],” http://www.epcglobalinc.org, 2009.
- “ALE_1_1_1-standard-XML_and_SOAP_bindings-20090313[EB/OL],” http://www.epcglobalinc.org, 2009.
- Auto-ID Labs, http://www.autoidlabs.org/S.
- “Class 1 Generation 2 UHF Air Interface Protocol Standard Version 1. 0. 9[EB/OL],” http://www.epcglobalinc.org/.
- “EPCglobal-ReaderManagementrm_1_0_1-standard-20070531[EB/OL],” http://www.epcglobalinc.org/, 2007.
- B. Feng, J. T. Li, P. Zhang, and J. B. Guo, “Study of RFID middleware for distributed large-scale systems,” in Proceedings of the Information and Communication Technologies (ICTTA '06), vol. 2, pp. 2754–2759, 2006.
- M. Cezon, G. Vaudaux-Ruth, L. Laurens, and J. Soldatos, “Review of state-of-the-art middleware,” ASPIRE Project Public Deliverable D2. 1., 2008.
- F. Lin and B. Chen, “The design of a lightweight RFID middleware,” International Journal of Engineering Business Management, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 25–30, 2009.
- B. S. Prabhu, X. Su, H. Ramamurthy, C. Chu, and R. Gadh, “WinRFID: a middleware for the enablement of radio frequency identification (RFID) based applications,” in Proceedings of the Wireless Internet for the Mobile Enterprise Consortium (WINMEC '05), Los Angeles, Calif, USA, December 2005.
- P. Tran, P. Greenfield, and I. Gorton, “Behavior and performance of message-oriented middleware systems,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, 2002.
- Y. Bai, F. Wang, and P. Liu, “Efficiently filtering RFID data streams,” in Proceedings of the 1st International VLDB Workshop on Clean Databases (CleanDB '06), September 2006.
- C. Yingwen, V. L. Hong, X. Ming, C. Jiannong, K. C. C. Chan, and A. T. S. Chan, “In-network data processing for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Mobile Data-Management (MDM '06), Nara, Japan, May 2006.
- W. Choi and M. Park, “In-network phased filtering mechanism for a large-scale RFID inventory application,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Information Technology and Applications (ICITA '07), pp. 401–405, Harbin, China, January 2007.
- S. R. Jeffery, M. Garofalakis, and M. J. Franklin, “Adaptive cleaning for RFID data streams,” in Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '06), September 2006.
- I. Kadayif and M. Kandemir, “Tuning in-sensor data filtering to reduce energy consumption in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (DATE '04), pp. 1530–1539, Paris, France, February 2004.
- A. K. Bashir, S. Lim, C. S. Hussain, and M. Park, “Energy efficient in-network RFID data filtering scheme in wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 7004–7021, 2011.
- W. H. Tian, Y. P. Yang, K. She, X. Dong, and H. Y. Wang, “A parallel method to redundancy data elimination in RFID network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Instrumentation, Measurement, Circuits and Systems (ICIMCS '11), pp. 399–402, Hongkong, China, December 2011.
- H. S. Chae and J. Park, “An approach to adaptive load balancing for RFID middlewares,” International Journal of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, vol. 2, no. 2, 2006.
- F. C. Jian and S. C. Heung, “Agent-based design of load balancing system for RFID middlewares,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Workshop on Future Trends of Distributed Computing Systems (FTDCS '07), pp. 21–28, March 2007.
- S. Park, J. Song, C. Kim, and J. Kim, “Load balancing method using connection pool in RFID middleware,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management, and Applications (SERA '07), pp. 132–137, August 2007.
- J. G. Park, H. S. Chae, and E. S. So, “A dynamic load balancing approach based on the standard RFID middleware architecture,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE '07), pp. 337–340, October 2007.
- W. H. Tian, K. She, Y. P. Yang, and X. Dong, “An approach to dynamic and integrated load-balancing of distributed and messaging RFID middleware,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Instrumentation, Measurement, Circuits and Systems (ICIMCS '11), pp. 403–406, Hongkong, China, December 2011.
- J. Dean and S. Ghemawat, “MapReduce: simplied data processing on large clusters,” Google Paper, 2004.