- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 205357, 14 pages
Potential Role of Sugar Transporters in Cancer and Their Relationship with Anticancer Therapy
1Biomedical Research Institute, A Coruña University Hospital, As Xubias 84, 15006 A Coruña, Spain
2Clinical Oncology Department, Ramón y Cajal University Hospital, Ctra. de Colmenar Viejo Km. 9,100, 28034 Madrid, Spain
3Clinical Oncology Department, A Coruña University Hospital, As Xubias 84, 15006 A Coruña, Spain
4Medicine Department, University of A Coruña, Oza s/n, 15006 A Coruña, Spain
Received 13 April 2010; Accepted 20 June 2010
Academic Editor: Z. Naor
Copyright © 2010 Moisés Blanco Calvo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rosina Dapueto, Romina Castelli, Marcelo Fernández, José A. Chabalgoity, María Moreno, Juan Pablo Gambini, Pablo Cabral, and Williams Porcal, “Biological evaluation of glucose and deoxyglucose derivatives radiolabeled with [99mTc(CO)3(H2O)3]+ core as potential melanoma imaging agents,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 21, no. 23, pp. 7102–7106, 2011.
- Luis M. Anton Aparicio, Enrique Grande Pulido, and Guadalupe Aparicio Gallego, “Sunitinib-induced asthenia From molecular basis to clinical relief,” Cancer Biology & Therapy, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 765–771, 2011.
- Anne-Laure Lainé, and Catherine Passirani, “Novel metal-based anticancer drugs: a new challenge in drug delivery,” Current Opinion in Pharmacology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 420–426, 2012.
- Alexandru V. Korotcov, Yunpeng Ye, Yue Chen, Fayun Zhang, Sophia Huang, Stephen Lin, Rajagopalan Sridhar, Samuel Achilefu, and Paul C. Wang, “Glucosamine-Linked Near-Infrared Fluorescent Probes for Imaging of Solid Tumor Xenografts,” Molecular Imaging And Biology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 443–451, 2012.
- Dasheng Wang, Po-Chen Chu, Chia-Ning Yang, Ribai Yan, Yu-Chung Chuang, Samuel K. Kulp, and Ching-Shih Chen, “Development of a Novel Class of Glucose Transporter Inhibitors,” Journal Of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 3827–3836, 2012.
- Alexandra Munoz-Bonilla, Gema Marcelo, Cintia Casado, Francisco J. Teran, and Marta Fernandez-Garcia, “Preparation of glycopolymer-coated magnetite nanoparticles for hyperthermia treatment,” Journal Of Polymer Science Part A-Polymer Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 24, pp. 5087–5096, 2012.
- Michael J. Gonzalez, Jorge R. Miranda Massari, Jorge Duconge, Neil H. Riordan, Thomas Ichim, Ana I. Quintero-Del-Rio, and Norma Ortiz, “The bio-energetic theory of carcinogenesis,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 433–439, 2012.
- Ava M. Port, Megan R. Ruth, and Nawfal W. Istfan, “Fructose consumption and cancer: is there a connection?,” Current Opinion in Endocrinology Diabetes and Obesity, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 367–374, 2012.
- Andreas R. Baudy, Taner Dogan, Judith E. Flores-Mercado, Klaus P. Hoeflich, Fei Su, Nicholas van Bruggen, and Simon-Peter Williams, “FDG-PET is a good biomarker of both early response and acquired resistance in BRAFV600 mutant melanomas treated with vemurafenib and the MEK inhibitor GDC-0973,” EJNMMI Research, vol. 2, no. 1, 2012.
- Sven de Vos, and Johannes Czernin, “PET/Computed Tomography and Lymphoma,” Radiologic Clinics of North America, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 833–+, 2013.
- Stewart Bachan, K.A. Tony, Akira Kawamura, Diego Montenegro, Anjali Joshi, Himanshu Garg, and David R. Mootoo, “Synthesis and anti-tumor activity of carbohydrate analogues of the tetrahydrofuran containing acetogenins,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2013.
- Leszek Szablewski, “Expression of glucose transporters in cancers,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Reviews on Cancer, vol. 1835, no. 2, pp. 164–169, 2013.
- Alison N. McCracken, and Aimee L. Edinger, “Nutrient transporters: the Achilles' heel of anabolism,” Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 200–208, 2013.
- Wendell Ho-Tin Law, Lawrence Cho-Cheung Lee, Man-Wai Louie, Hua-Wei Liu, Tim Wai-Hung Ang, and Kenneth Kam-Wing Lo, “Phosphorescent Cellular Probes and Uptake Indicators Derived from Cyclometalated Iridium(III) Bipyridine Complexes Appended with a Glucose or Galactose Entity,” Inorganic Chemistry, pp. 131105135847004, 2013.
- Cheng-Ting Zi, Feng-Qing Xu, Gen-Tao Li, Yan Li, Zhong-Tao Ding, Jun Zhou, Zi-Hua Jiang, and Jiang-Miao Hu, “Synthesis and Anticancer Activity of Glucosylated Podophyllotoxin Derivatives Linked via 4 beta-Triazole Rings,” Molecules, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 13992–14012, 2013.
- Komal Raina, Kameswaran Ravichandran, Subapriya Rajamanickam, Kendra M. Huber, Natalie J. Serkova, and Rajesh Agarwal, “Inositol Hexaphosphate Inhibits Tumor Growth, Vascularity, and Metabolism in TRAMP Mice: A Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Study,” Cancer Prevention Research, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 40–50, 2013.
- Jaya P. Gnana-Prakasam, Rajalakshmi Veeranan-Karmegam, Veena Coothankandaswamy, Sushma K. Reddy, Pamela M. Martin, Muthusamy Thangaraju, Sylvia B. Smith, and Vadivel Ganapathy, “Loss of Hfe Leads to Progression of Tumor Phenotype in Primary Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 63–71, 2013.
- Yoann M. Chabre, and Rene Roy, “Multivalent glycoconjugate syntheses and applications using aromatic scaffolds,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 4657–4708, 2013.
- Nina Mikirova, Joseph Casciari, Neil Riordan, and Ronald Hunninghake, “Clinical experience with intravenous administration of ascorbic acid: achievable levels in blood for different states of inflammation and disease in cancer patients,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 191, 2013.
- Lu Tan, Johannes Kirchmair, Sonia Liggi, Kanthida Kusonmano, Alexios Koutsoukas, Robert C. Glen, Lora Mak, and Judith M. Rollinger, “Anti-cancer Drug Development: Computational Strategies to Identify and Target Proteins Involved in Cancer Metabolism,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 532–577, 2013.
- Radu Popa, and Romulus Ion Scorei, “Sugar-Borate Esters - Potential Chemical Agents in Prostate Cancer Chemo-prevention,” Anti-Cancer Agents In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 901–909, 2013.
- Luca Bruni, Adesola A Babarinde, Ida Ortalli, and Simonetta Croci, “K-D:rib dampens Hs 578T cancer cell chemoinvasion and proliferation,” Cancer Cell International, vol. 14, no. 1, 2014.
- Meghna Talekar, Srinivas Reddy Boreddy, Amit Singh, and Mansoor Amiji, “Tumor aerobic glycolysis: new insights into therapeutic strategies with targeted delivery,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1145–1159, 2014.
- Swagatika Sahoo, Maike K. Aurich, Jon J. Jonsson, and Ines Thiele, “Membrane transporters in a human genome-scale metabolic knowledgebase and their implications for disease,” Frontiers in Physiology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Ki-Hoon Song, Ju-Hee Kang, Jong-Kyu Woo, Jeong-Seok Nam, Hye-Young Min, Ho-Young Lee, and Soo-Youl Kim, “The novel IGF-IR/Akt-dependent anticancer activities of glucosamine,” Bmc Cancer, vol. 14, 2014.
- Bhupender Sharma, Sukhdev Singh, and Shamsher S. Kanwar, “ L -Methionase: A Therapeutic Enzyme to Treat Malignancies ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–13, 2014.