- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 270832, 12 pages
Sleep and Metabolism: An Overview
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, 27834 NC, USA
Received 29 September 2009; Revised 2 February 2010; Accepted 28 April 2010
Academic Editor: Jessica A. Mong
Copyright © 2010 Sunil Sharma and Mani Kavuru. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Amy Stuck, Mary Jo Clark, and Cynthia D. Connelly, “Preventing Intensive Care Unit Delirium,” Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 315–320, 2011.
- Terence E. Donovan, Maxwell Anderson, William Becker, David R. Cagna, Thomas J. Hilton, and Jeffrey Rouse, “Annual review of selected scientific literature: Report of the committee on scientific investigation of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 224–265, 2011.
- Yu Sun Bin, Nathaniel S. Marshall, and Nick Glozier, “Secular trends in adult sleep duration: A systematic review,” Sleep Medicine Reviews, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 223–230, 2012.
- I. N. Pigarev, V. A. Bagaev, E. V. Levichkina, G. O. Fedorov, and I. I. Busigina, “Cortical visual areas process intestinal information during slow-wave sleep,” Neurogastroenterology & Motility, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 268–e169, 2012.
- Man-Chun Wu, Yi-Ching Yang, Jin-Shang Wu, Ru-Hsueh Wang, Feng-Hwa Lu, and Chih-Jen Chang, “Short sleep duration associated with a higher prevalence of metabolic syndrome in an apparently healthy population,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 305–309, 2012.
- Fuentes-Granados Citlalli, Duran Pilar, Carmona-Castro Agustin, Cardenas-Vazquez Rene, and Miranda-Anaya Manuel, “Obesity alters the daily sleep homeostasis and metabolism of the volcano mouse Neotomodon alstoni,” Biological Rhythm Research, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 39–47, 2012.
- Elena Matteucci, and Ottavio Giampietro, “Circadian rhythm of blood pressure in diabetes mellitus: Evidence, mechanisms and implications,” Current Diabetes Reviews, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 355–361, 2012.
- Shuting Cheng, Wang Hou, Shiping Li, Shuhong Yang, Yanyou Liu, Zhou Jiang, Yuhui Wang, Jing Xiao, Huiling Guo, and Zhengrong Wang, “The effect of undernutrition on circadian genes and rhythmic induction in NIH3T3 cells,” Biological Rhythm Research, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 485–492, 2013.
- Tetyana Kendzerska, Tatyana Mollayeva, Andrea S. Gershon, Richard S. Leung, Gillian Hawker, and George Tomlinson, “Untreated obstructive sleep apnea and the risk for serious long-term adverse outcomes: A systematic review,” Sleep Medicine Reviews, 2013.
- Euna M. August, Hamisu M. Salihu, Brian J. Biroscak, Shams Rahman, Karen Bruder, and Valerie E. Whiteman, “Systematic review on sleep disorders and obstetric outcomes: Scope of current knowledge,” American Journal of Perinatology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 323–334, 2013.
- Tetyana Kendzerska, Andrea S. Gershon, Gillian Hawker, George Tomlinson, and Richard S. Leung, “Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Incident Diabetes. A Historical Cohort Study,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 218–225, 2014.
- T. Nakada, T. Kato, and Y. Numabe, “Effects of fatigue from sleep deprivation on experimental periodontitis in rats,” Journal of Periodontal Research, 2014.
- Devon L. Golem, Jennifer T. Martin-Biggers, Mallory M. Koenings, Katherine Finn Davis, and Carol Byrd-Bredbenner, “An Integrative Review of Sleep for Nutrition Professionals,” Advances in Nutrition, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 742–759, 2014.
- Roghayeh Abedini, Ahmad Soltanzadeh, Mohammad Amin Faghih, Heidar Mohammadi, Mojtaba Kamalinia, Majid Habibi Mohraz, Maziyar Arassi, Peyman Piran Veyseh, Hamed Aghaei, and Seyed Younes Hosseini, “Health consequences of shift-work: The case of Iranian hospital security personnel,” Work-A Journal Of Prevention Assessment & Rehabilitation, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 305–311, 2015.