- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 156854, 4 pages
Procoagulant and Anticoagulant Factors in Childhood Hypothyroidism
1Department of Pediatrics, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, The Ministry of Health of Turkey, Ulucanlar Caddesi, Altindag, 06340 Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, The Ministry of Health of Turkey, Ulucanlar Caddesi, Altindag, 06340 Ankara, Turkey
3Department of Pediatric Hematology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, The Ministry of Health of Turkey, Ulucanlar Caddesi, Altindag, 06340 Ankara, Turkey
Received 23 March 2012; Revised 3 May 2012; Accepted 3 May 2012
Academic Editor: Mario Maggi
Copyright © 2012 Nevin Kilic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Franchini, “Hemostatic changes in thyroid diseases,” Hematology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 203–208, 2006.
- C. Erem, H. O. Ersoz, S. S. Karti et al., “Blood coagulation and fibrinolytic activity in hypothyroidism,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 78–81, 2003.
- B. Müller, D. A. Tsakiris, C. B. Roth, M. Guglielmetti, J. J. Staub, and G. A. Marbet, “Haemostatic profile in hypothyroidism as potential risk factor for vascular or thrombotic disease,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 131–137, 2001.
- J. A. Rennie, P. D. Bewsher, L. E. Murchison, and D. Ogston, “Coagulation and fibrinolysis in thyroid disease,” Acta Haematologica, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 171–177, 1978.
- S. Gullu, H. Sav, and N. Kamel, “Effects of levothyroxine treatment on biochemical and hemostasis parameters in patients with hypothyroidism,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 152, no. 3, pp. 355–361, 2005.
- J. V. Simone, C. F. Abildgaard, and I. Schulman, “Blood coagulation in thyroid dysfunction.,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 273, no. 20, pp. 1057–1061, 1965.
- B. O. Egeberg, “Influence of thyroid function on the blood clotting system,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory, vol. 15, pp. 1–7, 1963.
- A. T. van Oosterom, P. Kerkhoven, and J. J. Veltkamp, “Metabolism of the coagulation factors of the prothrombin complex in hypothyroidism in man.,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 273–285, 1979.
- M. Homoncik, A. Gessl, A. Ferlitsch, B. Jilma, and H. Vierhapper, “Altered platelet plug formation in hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 92, no. 8, pp. 3006–3012, 2007.
- M. L. Tachman and G. P. Guthrie Jr., “Hypothyroidism: diversity of presentation.,” Endocrine Reviews, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 456–465, 1984.
- R. Chadarevian, E. Bruckert, A. Ankri, I. Beucler, P. Giral, and G. Turpin, “Relationship between thyroid hormones and plasma D-dimer levels,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 99–103, 1998.
- M. Baserga, G. Muleo, C. Rosso, M. Russo, M. G. Cammarota, and L. Elia, “Blood coagulation and platelet aggregation in group of children with congenital hypothyroidism,” Pediatric Research, vol. 41, p. 780, 1997.