- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 173281, 4 pages
Relationship between Serum Lipoprotein Ratios and Insulin Resistance in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Department of Endocrinology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, Changzhou 213003, China
Received 22 March 2012; Accepted 26 April 2012
Academic Editor: Panayota Mitrou
Copyright © 2012 Shou-Kui Xiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Adams, D. W. Polson, and S. Franks, “Prevalence of polycystic ovaries in women with anovulation and idiopathic hirsutism,” British Medical Journal, vol. 293, no. 6543, pp. 355–359, 1986.
- A. Galluzzo, M. C. Amato, and C. Giordano, “Insulin resistance and polycystic ovary syndrome,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 511–518, 2008.
- H. J. Teede, S. Hutchison, S. Zoungas, and C. Meyer, “Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease risk in women with PCOS,” Endocrine, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 45–53, 2006.
- K. A. Toulis, D. G. Goulis, G. Mintziori, et al., “Meta-analysis of cardiovascular disease risk markers in women with polycystic ovary syndrome,” Human Reproduction Update, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 741–760, 2011.
- J. C. Lo, S. L. Feigenbaum, J. Yang, A. R. Pressman, J. V. Selby, and A. S. Go, “Epidemiology and adverse cardiovascular risk profile of diagnosed polycystic ovary syndrome,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 1357–1363, 2006.
- O. Valkenburg, R. P. M. Steegers-Theunissen, H. P. M. Smedts et al., “A more atherogenic serum lipoprotein profile is present in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a case-control study,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 470–476, 2008.
- R. Freeman, R. Pollack, and E. Rosenbloom, “Assessing impaired glucose tolerance and insulin resistance in polycystic ovarian syndrome with a muffin test: an alternative to the glucose tolerance test,” Endocrine Practice, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 810–817, 2010.
- K. Farrell and M. H. Antoni, “Insulin resistance, obesity, inflammation, and depression in polycystic ovary syndrome: biobehavioral mechanisms and interventions,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 94, no. 5, pp. 1565–1574, 2010.
- F. Ovalle and R. Azziz, “Insulin resistance, polycystic ovary syndrome, and type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 1095–1105, 2002.
- S. E. Karakas, K. Kyoungmi, and A. J. Duleba, “Determinants of impaired fasting glucose versus glucose intolerance in polycystic ovary syndrome,” Diabetes Care, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 887–893, 2010.
- S. Eisenhardt, N. Schwarzmann, V. Henschel et al., “Early effects of metformin in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 946–952, 2006.
- D. Dereli, T. Dereli, F. Bayraktar, A. G. Ozgen, and C. Yilmaz, “Endocrine and metabolic effects of rosiglitazone in non-obese women with polycystic ovary disease,” Endocrine Journal, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 299–308, 2005.
- Q. Wang, T. Guo, Y. Tao, Y. Song, and W. Huang, “Association between serum adipocyte factor level and insulin resistance in polycystic ovarian syndrome,” Gynecological Endocrinology, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 931–934, 2011.
- R. Azziz, “Editorial: polycystic ovary syndrome, insulin resistance, and molecular defects of insulin signaling,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 87, no. 9, pp. 4085–4087, 2002.
- K. H. Park, J. Y. Kim, C. W. Ahn, Y. D. Song, S. K. Lim, and H. C. Lee, “Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and insulin resistance,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 261–267, 2001.
- M. L. Traub, “Assessing and treating insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome,” World Journal of Diabetes, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 33–40, 2011.
- P. Saxena, A. Prakash, and A. Nigam, “Efficacy of 2-hour post glucose insulin levels in predicting insulin resistance in polycystic ovarian syndrome with infertility,” Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 20–22, 2011.
- A. Kalra, S. Nair, and L. Rai, “Association of obesity and insulin resistance with dyslipidemia in Indian women with polycystic ovarian syndrome,” Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 447–453, 2006.
- S. Tangvarasittichai, P. Poonsub, and O. Tangvarasittichai, “Association of serum lipoprotein ratios with insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 131, no. 5, pp. 641–648, 2010.
- A. Brehm, G. Pfeiler, G. Pacini, H. Vierhapper, and M. Roden, “Relationship between serum lipoprotein ratios and insulin resistance in obesity,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 2316–2322, 2004.