- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 379097, 5 pages
Gender-Specific Variation in the Prognosis of Papillary Thyroid Cancer TNM Stages II to IV
1Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Linkou 333, Taiwan
2Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Linkou 333, Taiwan
3Department of General Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Linkou 333, Taiwan
Received 30 August 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editor: Eleonore Fröhlich
Copyright © 2012 Sheng-Hwu Hsieh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Brassard, I. Borget, A. Edet-Sanson et al., “Long-term follow-up of patients with papillary and follicular thyroid cancer: a prospective study on 715 patients,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 1352–1359, 2011.
- A. Machens, S. Hauptmann, and H. Dralle, “Disparities between male and female patients with thyroid cancers: sex difference or gender divide?” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 500–505, 2006.
- Y. Kushchayeva, Q. Y. Duh, E. Kebebew, A. D'Avanzo, and O. H. Clark, “Comparison of clinical characteristics at diagnosis and during follow-up in 118 patients with Hurthle cell or follicular thyroid cancer,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 195, no. 4, pp. 457–462, 2008.
- J. Ricarte-Filho, I. Ganly, M. Rivera et al., “Papillary thyroid carcinomas with cervical lymph node metastases can be stratified into clinically relevant prognostic categories using oncogenic BRAF, the number of nodal metastases, and extra-nodal extension,” Thyroid, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 575–584, 2012.
- T. Nishida, K. Nakao, and T. Hashimoto, “Local control in differentiated thyroid carcinoma with extrathyroidal invasion,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 179, no. 2, pp. 86–91, 2000.
- A. Toniato, I. Boschin, D. Casara, R. Mazzarotto, D. Rubello, and M. Pelizzo, “Papillary thyroid carcinoma: factors influencing recurrence and survival,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1518–1522, 2008.
- Y. Senyurek Giles, T. Fatih, B. Harika, K. Yersu, T. Tarik, and T. Serdar, “The risk factors for malignancy in surgically treated patients for Graves' disease, toxic multinodular goiter, and toxic adenoma,” Surgery, vol. 144, no. 6, pp. 1028–1037, 2008.
- R. A. Ghossein, R. Leboeuf, K. N. Patel et al., “Tall cell variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma without extrathyroid extension: biologic behavior and clinical implications,” Thyroid, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 655–661, 2007.
- R. A. Delellis, R. V. Lloyd, P. U. Heitx, and C. Eng, “Pathology and genetics of tumors of endocrine organs,” in World Health Organization of Tumours, pp. 73–76, IARC, Lyon, France, 2004.
- J. D. Lin, K. J. Lin, T. C. Chao, C. Hseuh, and N. M. Tsang, “Therapeutic outcomes of papillary thyroid carcinomas with tumors more advanced than T1N0M0,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 97–104, 2008.
- L. H. Sobin and C. Wittekind, Eds., TNM Classification of Malignant Tumorsedition, Wiley-Liss, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 2002.
- D. D. Zhang, X. H. Zhou, D. H. Freeman, and J. L. Freeman, “A non-parametric method for the comparison of partial areas under ROC curves and its application to large health care data sets,” Statistics in Medicine, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 701–715, 2002.
- A. De La Chapelle and K. Jazdzewski, “MicroRNAs in thyroid cancer,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 96, no. 11, pp. 3326–3336, 2011.
- Q. Zeng, G. G. Chen, A. C. Vlantis, G. M. Tse, and C. A. Van Hasselt, “The contributions of oestrogen receptor isoforms to the development of papillary and anaplastic thyroid carcinomas,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 214, no. 4, pp. 425–433, 2008.
- L. Zhang, R. Rahbari, M. He, and E. Kebebew, “CDC23 regulates cancer cell phenotype and is overexpressed in papillary thyroid cancer,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 731–742, 2011.
- M. C. Frates, C. B. Benson, P. M. Doubilet et al., “Prevalence and distribution of carcinoma in patients with solitary and multiple thyroid nodules on sonography,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 91, no. 9, pp. 3411–3417, 2006.
- S. Morganti, G. P. Ceda, M. Saccani et al., “Thyroid disease in the elderly: sex-related differences in clinical expression,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 101–104, 2005.
- J. D. Lin, S. H. Hsieh, H. Y. Chang, C. C. Huang, and T. C. Chao, “Outcome after treatment for papillary thyroid cancer,” Head and Neck, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 140–146, 2001.
- A. Jukkola, R. Bloigu, T. Ebeling, P. Salmela, and G. Blanco, “Prognostic factors in differentiated thyroid carcinomas and their implications for current staging classifications,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 571–579, 2004.
- G. Teixeira, T. Teixeira, F. Gubert, H. Chikota, and R. Tufano, “The incidence of central neck micrometastatic disease in patients with papillary thyroid cancer staged preoperatively and intraoperatively as N0,” Surgery, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 1161–1167, 2011.
- Y. S. Lee, Y. S. Lim, J. C. Lee et al., “Clinical implications of bilateral lateral cervical lymph node metastasis in papillary thyroid cancer: a risk factor for lung metastasis,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 3486–3492, 2011.
- S. P. Balasubramanian and B. J. Harrison, “Systematic review and meta-analysis of sentinel node biopsy in thyroid cancer,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 334–344, 2011.
- D. S. Cooper, G. M. Doherty, B. R. Haugen et al., “Revised American thyroid association management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer,” Thyroid, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1167–1214, 2009.
- F. Pacini, M. Schlumberger, H. Dralle et al., “European consensus for the management of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma of the follicular epithelium,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 154, no. 6, pp. 787–803, 2006.
- A. Machens, H. J. Holzhausen, C. Lautenschläger, and H. Dralle, “The tall-cell variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma: a multivariate analysis of clinical risk factors,” Langenbeck's Archives of Surgery, vol. 389, no. 4, pp. 278–282, 2004.
- J. D. Lin, T. C. Chao, and C. Hsueh, “Clinical characteristics of poorly differentiated thyroid carcinomas compared with those of classical papillary thyroid carcinomas,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 224–228, 2007.