- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 516718, 20 pages
A Simple Matter of Life and Death—The Trials of Postnatal Beta-Cell Mass Regulation
School of Life Sciences, Warwick University, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Received 15 November 2011; Accepted 31 December 2011
Academic Editor: Velayutham Kumaravel
Copyright © 2012 Elena Tarabra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiao-ye He, Xiao-long Zhao, Qian Gu, Ji-ping Shen, Yu Hu, and Ren-ming Hu, “Calorie Restriction from a Young Age Preserves the Functions of Pancreatic beta Cells in Aging Rats,” Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 227, no. 4, pp. 245–252, 2012.
- A. Beck, Y. Vinik, H. Shatz-Azoulay, R. Isaac, S. Streim, G. Jona, S. Boura-Halfon, and Y. Zick, “Otubain 2 is a novel promoter of beta cell survival as revealed by siRNA high-throughput screens of human pancreatic islets,” Diabetologia, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1317–1326, 2013.
- Elizabeth R. Gilbert, and Dongmin Liu, “Anti-diabetic functions of soy isoflavone genistein: mechanisms underlying its effects on pancreatic beta-cell function,” Food & Function, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 200–212, 2013.