- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 516718, 20 pages
A Simple Matter of Life and Death—The Trials of Postnatal Beta-Cell Mass Regulation
School of Life Sciences, Warwick University, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Received 15 November 2011; Accepted 31 December 2011
Academic Editor: Velayutham Kumaravel
Copyright © 2012 Elena Tarabra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiao-ye He, Xiao-long Zhao, Qian Gu, Ji-ping Shen, Yu Hu, and Ren-ming Hu, “Calorie Restriction from a Young Age Preserves the Functions of Pancreatic beta Cells in Aging Rats,” Tohoku Journal Of Experimental Medicine, vol. 227, no. 4, pp. 245–252, 2012.
- A. Beck, Y. Vinik, H. Shatz-Azoulay, R. Isaac, S. Streim, G. Jona, S. Boura-Halfon, and Y. Zick, “Otubain 2 is a novel promoter of beta cell survival as revealed by siRNA high-throughput screens of human pancreatic islets,” Diabetologia, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1317–1326, 2013.
- Elizabeth R. Gilbert, and Dongmin Liu, “Anti-diabetic functions of soy isoflavone genistein: mechanisms underlying its effects on pancreatic beta-cell function,” Food & Function, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 200–212, 2013.
- Marlon E. Cerf, “Beta cell dynamics: beta cell replenishment, beta cell compensation and diabetes,” Endocrine, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 303–311, 2013.
- Lynne L. Levitsky, Goli Ardestani, and David B. Rhoads, “Role of growth factors in control of pancreatic beta cell mass: focus on betatrophin,” Current Opinion in Pediatrics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 475–479, 2014.
- Maria Lindahl, Tatiana Danilova, Erik Palm, Päivi Lindholm, Vootele Võikar, Elina Hakonen, Jarkko Ustinov, Jaan-Olle Andressoo, Brandon K. Harvey, Timo Otonkoski, Jari Rossi, and Mart Saarma, “MANF Is Indispensable for the Proliferation and Survival of Pancreatic β Cells,” Cell Reports, 2014.
- J. S. Tessem, L. G. Moss, L. C. Chao, M. Arlotto, D. Lu, M. V. Jensen, S. B. Stephens, P. Tontonoz, H. E. Hohmeier, and C. B. Newgard, “Nkx6.1 regulates islet -cell proliferation via Nr4a1 and Nr4a3 nuclear receptors,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 111, no. 14, pp. 5242–5247, 2014.