- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 947187, 10 pages
Nerium oleander Distillate Improves Fat and Glucose Metabolism in High-Fat Diet-Fed Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats
1Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Selcuk University, 42070 Konya, Turkey
2Physiology Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Mehmet Akif Ersoy University, 15030 Burdur, Turkey
3Pathophysiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
4Molecular Biology Research and Development Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Received 31 July 2012; Revised 4 October 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Daniela Jezova
Copyright © 2012 Ahmet Levent Bas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Meltem Demirel Kars, Ufuk Gündüz, Kamil Üney, and Ahmet Levent BaŞ, “Exploring a natural MDR reversal agent: potential of medicinal food supplement Nerium oleander leaf distillate,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 644–649, 2013.
- Hao Li, Qi Wang, Wei Li, Yu Xiao, and Chongyun Bao, “25-Hydroxyvitamin D-3-Loaded PLA Microspheres: In Vitro Characterization and Application in Diabetic Periodontitis Models,” Aaps Pharmscitech, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 880–889, 2013.
- C. Page, and R. J. Murtaugh, “Hypoglycemia Associated With Oleander Toxicity in a Dog,” Journal of Medical Toxicology, 2014.
- Meltem Demirel Kars, Burcu Asena Odabaşı, Gökhan Kars, Kamil Üney, Yavuz Bağcı, and Ahmet Levent Baş, “ Implications from a pharmacogenomic analysis: Nerium oleander leaf distillate supplemented diet regulates cholesterol metabolism in rats ,” Pharmaceutical Biology, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Priyankar Dey, Manas Ranjan Saha, Sumedha Roy Chowdhuri, Arnab Sen, Mousumi Poddar Sarkar, Biswajit Haldar, and Tapas Kumar Chaudhuri, “Assessment of anti-diabetic activity of an ethnopharmacological plant Nerium oleander through alloxan induced diabetes in mice,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2014.