- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 948683, 8 pages
Isolation of Pancreatic Progenitor Cells with the Surface Marker of Hematopoietic Stem Cells
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Hospital of Blood Disease, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin 300020, China
Received 19 September 2012; Revised 27 November 2012; Accepted 29 November 2012
Academic Editor: Leon Bach
Copyright © 2012 Fengxia Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Scharfmann, “Alternative sources of beta cells for cell therapy of diabetes,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 595–600, 2003.
- Y. Hori, M. Fukumoto, and Y. Kuroda, “Enrichment of putative pancreatic progenitor cells from mice by sorting for prominin1 (CD133) and platelet-derived growth factor receptor β,” Stem Cells, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 2912–2920, 2008.
- J. S. Burlison, Q. Long, Y. Fujitani, C. V. E. Wright, and M. A. Magnuson, “Pdx-1 and Ptf1a concurrently determine fate specification of pancreatic multipotent progenitor cells,” Developmental Biology, vol. 316, no. 1, pp. 74–86, 2008.
- G. Gu, J. Dubauskaite, and D. A. Melton, “Direct evidence for the pancreatic lineage: NGN3+ cells are islet progenitors and are distinct from duct progenitors,” Development, vol. 129, no. 10, pp. 2447–2457, 2002.
- A. H. Yin, S. Miraglia, E. D. Zanjani et al., “AC133, a novel marker for human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells,” Blood, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 5002–5012, 1997.
- S. Okada, H. Nakauchi, K. Nagayoshi, S. I. Nishikawa, Y. Miura, and T. Suda, “In vivo and in vitro stem cell function of c-kit- and Sca-1-positive murine hematopoietic cells,” Blood, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 3044–3050, 1992.
- A. Suzuki, H. Nakauchi, and H. Taniguchi, “Prospective isolation of multipotent pancreatic progenitors using flow-cytometric cell sorting,” Diabetes, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 2143–2152, 2004.
- S. LeBras, P. Czernichow, and R. Scharfmann, “A search for tyrosine kinase receptors expressed in the rat embryonic pancreas,” Diabetologia, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1474–1481, 1998.
- L. Rachdi, L. El Ghazi, F. Bernex, J. J. Panthier, P. Czernichow, and R. Scharfmann, “Expression of the Receptor Tyrosine Kinase KIT in Mature β-Cells and in the Pancreas in Development,” Diabetes, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 2021–2028, 2001.
- N. K. Yashpal, J. Li, and R. Wang, “Characterization of c-Kit and nestin expression during islet cell development in the prenatal and postnatal rat pancreas,” Developmental Dynamics, vol. 229, no. 4, pp. 813–825, 2004.
- R. Wang, J. Li, and N. Yashpal, “Phenotypic analysis of c-Kit expression in epithelial monolayers derived from postnatal rat pancreatic islets,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 113–122, 2004.
- J. Li, J. Quirt, H. Q. Do et al., “Expression of c-Kit receptor tyrosine kinase and effect on β-cell development in the human fetal pancreas,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 293, no. 2, pp. E475–E483, 2007.
- C. Holmes and W. L. Stanford, “Concise review: stem cell antigen-1: expression, function, and enigma,” Stem Cells, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1339–1347, 2007.
- R. M. Seaberg, S. R. Smukler, T. J. Kieffer et al., “Clonal identification of multipotent precursors from adult mouse pancreas that generate neural and pancreatic lineages,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1115–1124, 2004.
- B. E. Welm, S. B. Tepera, T. Venezia, T. A. Graubert, J. M. Rosen, and M. A. Goodell, “Sca-1pos cells in the mouse mammary gland represent an enriched progenitor cell population,” Developmental Biology, vol. 245, no. 1, pp. 42–56, 2002.
- A. Giangreco, H. Shen, S. D. Reynolds, and B. R. Stripp, “Molecular phenotype of airway side population cells,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 286, no. 4, pp. L624–L630, 2004.
- N. Wright, L. Samuelson, M. H. Walkup, P. Chandrasekaran, and D. A. Gerber, “Enrichment of a bipotent hepatic progenitor cell from naïve adult liver tissue,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 366, no. 2, pp. 367–372, 2008.
- F. X. Ma, C. Haumaitre, F. Chen, and Z. C. Han, “The comparison of murine embryonic pancreatic development in vitro and in vivo,” Pancreas, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1012–1017, 2011.