- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 958732, 8 pages
Diagnostic Significance of Intracystic Nodules on MRI in Rathke’s Cleft Cyst
1Department of Neurosurgery, Fuzhou General Hospital, Fuzong Clinical College, Fujian Medical University, 156 Xihuanbei Road, Fuzhou 350025, China
2Department of Pathology, Fuzhou General Hospital, Fuzong Clinical College, Fujian Medical University, 156 Xihuanbei Road, Fuzhou 350025, China
Received 15 June 2012; Revised 9 August 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: Barry Posner
Copyright © 2012 Shou-sen Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Billeci, E. Marton, M. Tripodi, E. Orvieto, and P. Longatti, “Symptomatic Rathke's cleft cysts: a radiological, surgical and pathological review,” Pituitary, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 131–137, 2004.
- Y. Miyajima, H. Oka, S. Utsuki, K. Kondo, K. Sato, and K. Fujii, “Symptomatic Rathke's cleft cyst with cavernous sinus syndrome—case report,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 576–578, 2007.
- C. C. Chuang, Y. L. Chen, S. M. Jung, and P. C. Pai, “A giant retroclival Rathke's cleft cyst,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 1189–1191, 2010.
- C. M. Dancer, M. L. Woods, R. D. Henderson, T. Robertson, M. Mungomery, and A. Allworth, “Mollaret's meningitis and pituitary failure associated with a Rathke's cleft cyst,” Internal Medicine Journal, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 609–611, 2008.
- H. Nishioka, J. Haraoka, H. Izawa, and Y. Ikeda, “Headaches associated with Rathke's cleft cyst,” Headache, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1580–1586, 2006.
- J. Schittenhelm, R. Beschorner, T. Psaras et al., “Rathke's cleft cyst rupture as potential initial event of a secondary perifocal lymphocytic hypophysitis: proposal of an unusual pathogenetic event and review of the literature,” Neurosurgical Review, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 157–163, 2008.
- E. Sonnet, N. Roudaut, P. Mériot, G. Besson, and V. Kerlan, “Hypophysitis associated with a ruptured Rathke's cleft cyst in a woman, during pregnancy,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 353–357, 2006.
- D. M. S. Raper and M. Besser, “Clinical features, management and recurrence of symptomatic Rathke's cleft cyst,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 385–389, 2009.
- H. Maruyama, Y. Iwasaki, M. Tsugita et al., “Rathke's cleft cyst with short-term size changes in response to glucocorticoid replacement,” Endocrine Journal, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 425–428, 2008.
- W. M. Byun, O. L. Kim, and D. S. Kim, “MR imaging findings of Rathke's cleft cysts: significance of intracystic nodules,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 485–488, 2000.
- M. J. Binning, O. N. Gottfried, A. G. Osborn, and W. T. Couldwell, “Rathke cleft cyst intracystic nodule: a characteristic magnetic resonance imaging finding,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 103, no. 5, pp. 837–840, 2005.
- J. L. Shin, S. L. Asa, L. J. Woodhouse, H. S. Smyth, and S. Ezzat, “Cystic lesions of the pituitary: clinicopathological features distinguishing craniopharyngioma, Rathke's cleft cyst, and arachnoid cyst,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 84, no. 11, pp. 3972–3982, 1999.
- N. Kunii, T. Abe, M. Kawamo, D. Tanioka, H. Izumiyama, and T. Moritani, “Rathke's cleft cysts: differentiation from other cystic lesions in the pituitary fossa by use of single-shot fast spin-echo diffusion-weighted MR imaging,” Acta Neurochirurgica, vol. 149, no. 8, pp. 759–769, 2007.
- H. Nishioka, J. Haraoka, H. Izawa, and Y. Ikeda, “Magnetic resonance imaging, clinical manifestations, and management of Rathke's cleft cyst,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 184–188, 2006.
- S. H. Choi, B. J. Kwon, D. G. Na, J. H. Kim, M. H. Han, and K. H. Chang, “Pituitary adenoma, craniopharyngioma, and Rathke cleft cyst involving both intrasellar and suprasellar regions: differentiation using MRI,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 453–462, 2007.
- L. Wen, L. B. Hu, X. Y. Feng et al., “Rathke's cleft cyst: clinicopathological and MRI findings in 22 patients,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 2010.
- F. Komatsu, H. Tsugu, M. Komatsu et al., “Clinicopathological characteristics in patients presenting with acute onset of symptoms caused by Rathke's cleft cysts,” Acta Neurochirurgica, vol. 152, no. 10, pp. 1673–1678, 2010.
- G. Frank, V. Sciarretta, D. Mazzatenta, G. Farneti, G. C. Modugno, and E. Pasquini, “Transsphenoidal endoscopic approach in the treatment of Rathke's cleft cyst,” Neurosurgery, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 124–128, 2005.
- B. Sade, S. Albrecht, P. Assimakopoulos, J. L. Vézina, and G. Mohr, “Management of Rathke's cleft cysts,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 459–466, 2005.