- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 962012, 12 pages
Intermittent Fasting Modulation of the Diabetic Syndrome in Streptozotocin-Injected Rats
1Laboratoire de Technologie Alimentaire et Nutrition, Université de Mostaganem, 1070 Mostaganem, Algeria
2Laboratory of Experimental Hormonology, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
3Laboratory of Pharmacology, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Received 26 July 2011; Revised 9 October 2011; Accepted 13 October 2011
Academic Editor: A. N. Balamurugan
Copyright © 2012 Louiza Belkacemi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- James E. Brown, Michael Mosley, and Sarah Aldred, “Intermittent fasting: A dietary intervention for prevention of diabetes and cardiovascular disease?,” British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 68–72, 2013.
- Cedric Jurysta, Charles Nicaise, Marie-Hélène Giroix, Sibel Cetik, Willy J. Malaisse, and Abdullah Sener, “Comparison of GLUT1, GLUT2, GLUT4 and SGLT1 mRNA expression in the salivary glands and six other organs of control, streptozotocin-induced and goto-kakizaki diabetic rats,” Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2013.
- Jeff Rothschild, Kristin K Hoddy, Pera Jambazian, and Krista A Varady, “Time-restricted feeding and risk of metabolic disease: a review of human and animal studies,” Nutrition Reviews, 2014.
- Mark P. Mattson, David B. Allison, Luigi Fontana, Michelle Harvie, Valter D. Longo, Willy J. Malaisse, Michael Mosley, Lucia Notterpek, Eric Ravussin, Frank A. J. L. Scheer, Thomas N. Seyfried, Krista A. Varady, and Satchidananda Panda, “Meal frequency and timing in health and disease,” Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences of The United States of Ame, vol. 111, no. 47, pp. 16647–16653, 2014.
- Catherine R. Marinac, Loki Natarajan, Dorothy D. Sears, Linda C. Gallo, Sheri J. Hartman, Elva Arredondo, and Ruth E. Patterson, “Prolonged Nightly Fasting and Breast Cancer Risk: Findings from NHANES (2009-2010),” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 783–789, 2015.
- Jorge Landgrave-GÃ³mez, Octavio Mercado-GÃ³mez, and Rosalinda Guevara-GuzmÃ¡n, “Epigenetic mechanisms in neurological and neurodegenerative diseases,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.