- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 125932, 7 pages
Establishment of OPG Transgenic Mice and the Effect of OPG on Bone Microarchitecture
1Department of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital of University of South China, Hengyang, Hunan 421000, China
2Institute of Clinical Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of University of South China, Hengyang, Hunan 421000, China
3Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, China
Received 3 January 2013; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editor: Guang-Da Xiang
Copyright © 2013 Ying Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. L. Lacey, W. J. Boyle, W. S. Simonet, et al., “Bench to bedside: elucidation of the OPG-RANK-RANKL pathway and the development of denosumab,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 401–419, 2012.
- S. Honsawek, T. Chaiwatanarat, P. Vejchapipat, V. Chongsrisawat, N. Thawornsuk, and Y. Poovorawan, “Relationships between OPG, RANKL, bone metabolism, and bone mineral density in biliary atresia,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 261–267, 2009.
- K. H. Baek, K. W. Oh, W. Y. Lee et al., “Changes in the serum sex steroids, IL-7 and RANKL-OPG system after bone marrow transplantation: influences on bone and mineral metabolism,” Bone, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1352–1360, 2006.
- S. Jurado, N. Garcia-Giralt, A. Diez-Perez et al., “Effect of IL-1β, PGE2, and TGF-β1 on the expression of OPG and RANKL in normal and osteoporotic primary human osteoblasts,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 304–310, 2010.
- S. Kwan Tat, J. P. Pelletier, D. Lajeunesse, H. Fahmi, M. Lavigne, and J. Martel-Pelletier, “The differential expression of osteoprotegerin (OPG) and receptor activator of nuclear factor κB ligand (RANKL) in human osteoarthritic subchondral bone osteoblasts is an indicator of the metabolic state of these disease cells,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 295–304, 2008.
- S. K. Tat, J. P. Pelletier, D. Lajeunesse, H. Fahmi, N. Duval, and J. Martel-Pelletier, “Differential modulation of RANKL isoforms by human osteoarthritic subchondral bone osteoblasts: influence of osteotropic factors,” Bone, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 284–291, 2008.
- Y. Wang, P. Huang, P. F. Tang, K. M. Chan, and G. Li, “Alendronate (ALN) combined with Osteoprotegerin (OPG) significantly improves mechanical properties of long bone than the single use of ALN or OPG in the ovariectomized rats,” Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, vol. 6, no. 1, article 34, 2011.
- J. Zupan, S. Mencej-Bedrač, S. Jurković-Mlakar, J. Preželj, and J. Marc, “Gene-gene interactions in RANK/RANKL/OPG system influence bone mineral density in postmenopausal women,” Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 102–106, 2010.
- D. E. Malliga, D. Wagner, and A. Fahrleitner-Pammer, “The role of osteoprotegerin (OPG) receptor activator for nuclear factor kappaB ligand (RANKL) in cardiovascular pathology—a review,” Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift, vol. 161, no. 23-24, pp. 565–570, 2011.
- F. Montecucco, S. Steffens, and F. Mach, “The immune response is involved in atherosclerotic plaque calcification: could the RANKL/RANK/OPG system be a marker of plaque instability?” Clinical & Developmental Immunology, vol. 2007, p. 75805, 2007.
- X. Miao, “Recent advances in the development of new transgenic animal technology,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 815–828, 2012.
- J. Liu, K. Xu, G. Wen et al., “Comparison of the effects of genistein and zoledronic acid on the bone loss in OPG-deficient mice,” Bone, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 950–959, 2008.
- R. R. Cui, S. J. Li, L. J. Liu, et al., “MicroRNA-204 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell calcification in vitro and in vivo,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 96, pp. 320–329, 2012.
- Q. H. Liang, Y. Jiang, X. Zhu, et al., “Ghrelin attenuates the osteoblastic differentiation of vascular smooth muscle cells through the ERK pathway,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 4, p. 33126, 2012.
- A. P. Trouvin and V. Goëb, “Receptor activator of nuclear factor-κB ligand and osteoprotegerin: maintaining the balance to prevent bone loss,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 5, pp. 345–354, 2010.
- M. Montagnana, G. Lippi, E. Danese, and G. C. Guidi, “The role of osteoprotegerin in cardiovascular disease,” Annals of Internal Medicine, 2012.
- L. L. E. Hou, J. F. A. Hou, J. Yao, and Z. L. Zhou, “Effects of osteoprotegerin from transfection of pcDNA3.1(+)/chOPG on bioactivity of chicken osteoclasts,” Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica, vol. 53, article 21, 2011.
- N. Bucay, I. Sarosi, C. R. Dunstan et al., “Osteoprotegerin-deficient mice develop early onset osteoporosis and arterial calcification,” Genes and Development, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1260–1268, 1998.
- T. Omland, T. Ueland, A. M. Jansson et al., “Circulating osteoprotegerin levels and long-term prognosis in patients with acute coronary syndromes,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 627–633, 2008.
- C. G. Mueller and E. Hess, “Emerging functions of RANKL in lymphoid tissues,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 3, p. 261, 2012.
- M. Tabuchi, K. Miyazawa, M. Kimura et al., “Enhancement of crude bone morphogenetic protein-induced new bone formation and normalization of endochondral ossification by bisphosphonate treatment in osteoprotegerin-deficient mice,” Calcified Tissue International, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 239–249, 2005.
- F. Sasaki, T. Okuno, K. Saeki, et al., “A high-affinity monoclonal antibody against the FLAG tag useful for G-protein-coupled receptor study,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 425, no. 2, pp. 157–165, 2012.
- S. X. Vasquez, N. Shah, and A. M. Hoberman, “Small animal imaging and examination by micro-CT,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 947, pp. 223–231, 2013.
- M. S. Ominsky, M. Stolina, X. Li et al., “One year of transgenic overexpression of osteoprotegerin in rats suppressed bone resorption and increased vertebral bone volume, density, and strength,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1234–1246, 2009.