- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 182060, 6 pages
Osteoprotegerin as a Marker of Atherosclerosis in Diabetic Patients
12nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens Medical School, Aretaeio Hospital, 11526 Athens, Greece
2Obstetric-Gynecological Unit and Research Center, Evgenideio Hospital, University of Athens, 11526 Athens, Greece
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical School, University of Thessaly, 41334 Larissa, Greece
42nd University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hippokratio General Hospital, University of Thessaloniki Medical School, 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
5Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General District Hospital “Helena Venizelou”, 11521 Athens, Greece
61st Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Laiko Hospital, 11527 Athens, Greece
Received 19 November 2012; Accepted 28 December 2012
Academic Editor: Anil K. Agarwal
Copyright © 2013 Areti Augoulea et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hanis H. Harith, Margaret J. Morris, and Mary M. Kavurma, “On the TRAIL of obesity and diabetes,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2013.
- Hye Ja Lee, and Chang Hoon Lee, “Transglutaminase-2 Is Involved in Expression of Osteoprotegerin in MG-63 Osteosarcoma Cells,” Biomolecules & Therapeutics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 204–209, 2013.
- Dima L Diab, and Nelson B Watts, “Denosumab in osteoporosis,” Expert Opinion on Drug Safety, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Shaoqiong Zhou, Siming Guan, Wei Li, Hongyu Qiu, Xing Fang, and Huaping Xin, “Osteoprotegerin Inhibits Calcification of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell via Down Regulation of the Notch1-RBP-J kappa/Msx2 Signaling Pathway,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- C. Perez de Ciriza, A. Lawrie, and N. Varo, “Influence of pre-analytical and analytical factors on osteoprotegerin measurements,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 47, no. 13-14, pp. 1279–1285, 2014.
- Carmen Pérez de Ciriza, María Moreno, Patricia Restituto, Gorka Bastarrika, Isabel Simón, Inmaculada Colina, and Nerea Varo, “Circulating osteoprotegerin is increased in the metabolic syndrome and associates with subclinical atherosclerosis and coronary arterial calcification,” Clinical Biochemistry, 2014.
- Ezgi Kalaycıoğlu, Tayyar Gökdeniz, Ahmet Çağrı Aykan, Engin Hatem, Mustafa Ozan Gürsoy, Asım Ören, Hüseyin Yaman, Ayşe Gül Karadeniz, and Şükrü Çelik, “Osteoprotegerin is Associated with Subclinical Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Diabetic Hypertensive Patients: a Speckle Tracking Study,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Stella Bernardi, Bruno Fabris, Merlin Thomas, Barbara Toffoli, Christos Tikellis, Riccardo Candido, Cristiana Catena, Paolo Mulatero, Fabio Barbone, Oriano Radillo, Giorgio Zauli, and Paola Secchiero, “Osteoprotegerin increases in metabolic syndrome and promotes adipose tissue proinflammatory changes,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2014.