- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 327265, 8 pages
A Randomised, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Study of Vitamin D3 Supplementation with Different Schemes Based on Multiples of 25,000 IU Doses
1Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Liège, CHU Sart-Tilman, 4000 Liège, Belgium
2Zuidstationstraat, Gent, Belgium
3Laboratoire d’Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hôpital Necker-Enfants Malades, 75015 Paris, France
Received 26 October 2012; Revised 17 December 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Vin Tangpricha
Copyright © 2013 Etienne Cavalier et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. F. Holick, “Vitamin D deficiency,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 3, pp. 266–281, 2007.
- V. I. Mistretta, P. Delanaye, J. P. Chapelle, J. C. Souberbielle, and É. Cavalier, “Vitamin D2 or vitamin D3?” Revue de Medecine Interne, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 815–820, 2008.
- M. F. Holick, N. C. Binkley, H. A. Bischoff-Ferrari et al., “Evaluation, treatment, and prevention of vitamin D deficiency: an Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 96, no. 7, pp. 1911–1930, 2011.
- A. C. Ross, J. E. Manson, S. A. Abrams et al., “The 2011 report on dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D from the Institute of Medicine: what clinicians need to know,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 53–58, 2011.
- F. L. Weng, J. Shults, M. B. Leonard, V. A. Stallings, and B. S. Zemel, “Risk factors for low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations in otherwise healthy children and adolescents,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 150–158, 2007.
- M. F. Holick, N. C. Binkley, H. A. Bischoff-Ferrari et al., “Guidelines for preventing and treating vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency revisited,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 1153–1158, 2012.
- J. C. Souberbielle, M. Courbebaisse, C. Cormier et al., “When should we measure vitamin D concentration in clinical practice?” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation, vol. 243, pp. 129–135, 2012.
- J. S. Adams and M. Hewison, “Update in vitamin D,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 471–478, 2010.
- K. M. Sanders, A. L. Stuart, E. J. Williamson et al., “Annual high-dose oral vitamin D and falls and fractures in older women: a randomized controlled trial,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 303, no. 18, pp. 1815–1822, 2010.
- V. Rouillon, G. Dubourg, J. B. Gauvain et al., “Vitamin D insufficiency: evaluation of an oral standardized supplementation using 100,000 IU vials of cholecalciferol, depending on initial serum level of 25OH vitamin D,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 399–402, 2012.
- L. Van Groningen, S. Opdenoordt, A. Van Sorge, D. Telting, A. Giesen, and H. De Boer, “Cholecalciferol loading dose guideline for vitamin D-deficient adults,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 162, no. 4, pp. 805–811, 2010.
- R. P. Heaney, “Vitamin D in health and disease,” Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 1535–1541, 2008.
- P. Autier, S. Gandini, and P. Mullie, “A systematic review: influence of vitamin d supplementation on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin d concentration,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 97, no. 8, pp. 2606–2613, 2012.