- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 351670, 6 pages
A Study on Bone Mass in Elderly Chinese Foot-Binding Women
1Department of Endocrinology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, No. 374 The Dianmian Avenue, Wuhua, Kunming, Yunnan Province 650101, China
2Department of Orthopedics, Medical College of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Received 9 January 2013; Accepted 11 June 2013
Academic Editor: Ling-Qing Yuan
Copyright © 2013 Yi Pan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Yuan, “Affect of body fat on DXA bone density measurement results and diagnosis of osteoporosis,” International Journal of Pathology and Clinical Medicine, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 272–276, 2009.
- X. Yueyong, S. Gang, and H. Boxun, “Quantitative CT measurement of the value of the normal human vertebrae aging changes of bone mineral density predict senile osteoporotic fractures,” Chinese Journal of Gerontology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 201–204, 1995.
- K. Kerschan, Y. Alacamlioglu, and J. Kollmitzer, “Functional impact of unvarying exercise program in women after menopause,” American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 326–332, 1998.
- L. Welsh and O. M. Rutherford, “Hip bone mineral density is improved by high-impact aerobic exercise in postmenopausal women and men over 50 years,” European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 511–517, 1996.
- B. A. Michel, D. A. Bloch, and J. F. Fries, “Weight-bearing exercise, overexercise, and lumbar bone density over age 50 years,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 149, no. 10, pp. 2325–2329, 1989.
- Z. Gang, “Influencing factors of the human body bone mineral density,” Foreign Medical Sciences, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 184–187, 2004.
- S. Yusuf, S. Hawken, S. Ôunpuu et al., “Obesity and the risk of myocardial infarction in 27 000 participants from 52 countries: a case-control study,” The Lancet, vol. 366, no. 9497, pp. 1640–1649, 2005.