- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 394934, 9 pages
Peripheral Arterial Tonometry to Measure the Effects of Vardenafil on Sympathetic Tone in Men with Lifelong Premature Ejaculation
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Medical Pathophysiology, viale Regina Elena 324, Sapienza University of Rome, 00161 Rome, Italy
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editor: Felice Strollo
Copyright © 2013 Davide Francomano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. G. McMahon, S. Althof, M. D. Waldinger et al., “An evidence-based definition of lifelong premature ejaculation: report of the International Society for Sexual Medicine Ad Hoc Committee for the Definition of Premature Ejaculation,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 338–350, 2008.
- M. Shilon, G. F. Paz, and Z. T. Homonnai, “The use of phenoxybenzamine treatment in premature ejaculation,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 659–661, 1984.
- J. T. Hsieh, S. P. Liu, C. H. Hsieh, and J. T. Cheng, “An in vivo evaluation of the therapeutic potential of sympatholytic agents on premature ejaculation,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 503–506, 1999.
- S. Machtens, S. Ückert, C. G. Stief, D. Tsikas, J. C. Frölich, and U. Jonas, “Effects of various nitric oxide-donating drugs on adrenergic tension of human seminal vesicles in vitro,” Urology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 479–483, 2003.
- A. Nohria, M. Gerhard-Herman, M. A. Creager, S. Hurley, D. Mitra, and P. Ganz, “Role of nitric oxide in the regulation of digital pulse volume amplitude in humans,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 545–548, 2006.
- J. T. Kuvin, A. R. Patel, K. A. Sliney et al., “Assessment of peripheral vascular endothelial function with finger arterial pulse wave amplitude,” American Heart Journal, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 168–174, 2003.
- J. T. Kuvin, A. Mammen, P. Mooney, A. A. Alsheikh-Ali, and R. H. Karas, “Assessment of peripheral vascular endothelial function in the ambulatory setting,” Vascular Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 13–16, 2007.
- T. Symonds, M. A. Perelman, S. Althof et al., “Development and validation of a premature ejaculation diagnostic tool,” European Urology, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 565–573, 2007.
- R. C. Rosen, J. C. Cappelleri, M. D. Smith, J. Lipsky, and B. M. Peña, “Development and evaluation of an abridged, 5-item version of the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5) as a diagnostic tool for erectile dysfunction,” International Journal of Impotence Research, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 319–326, 1999.
- C. D. Spielberger, R. Gorsuch, and R. E. Lushene, Manual for the State Trait Anxiety Inventory, Consulting Psychologist Press, Palo Alto, Calif, USA, 1970.
- E. Sanavio, G. Bertolotti, E. Michielin, G. Vidotto, and A. M. Zotti, CBA 2.0-Scale Primarie, OS, Firenze, Italy, 1986.
- A. Aversa, M. Rocchietti-March, M. Caprio, D. Giannini, A. Isidori, and A. Fabbri, “Anxiety-induced failure in erectile response to intracorporeal prostaglandin-E1 in non-organic male impotence: a new diagnostic approach,” International Journal of Andrology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 307–313, 1996.
- A. Rocco, F. Mori, R. Baldelli et al., “Effect of chronic bromocriptine treatment on psychological profile of patients with PRL-secreting pituitary adenomas,” Psychoneuroendocrinology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 57–66, 1993.
- A. Aversa, M. Pili, D. Francomano et al., “Effects of vardenafil administration on intravaginal ejaculatory latency time in men with lifelong premature ejaculation,” International Journal of Impotence Research, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 221–227, 2009.
- A. Aversa, C. Letizia, D. Francomano, R. Bruzziches, M. Natali, and A. Lenzi, “A spontaneous, double-blind, double-dummy cross-over study on the effects of daily vardenafil on arterial stiffness in patients with vasculogenic erectile dysfunction,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 160, no. 3, pp. 187–191, 2012.
- T. Penzel, R. Fricke, A. Jerrentrup, J. H. Peter, and C. Vogelmeier, “Peripheral arterial tonometry for the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea,” Biomedizinische Technik, vol. 47, supplement 1, part 1, pp. 315–317, 2002.
- G. Pillar, A. Bar, A. Shlitner, R. Schnall, J. Shefy, and P. Lavie, “Autonomic arousal index: an automated detection based on peripheral arterial tonometry,” Sleep, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 543–549, 2002.
- S. Althof, “The psychology of premature ejaculation: therapies and consequences,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 324–331, 2006.
- F. Giuliano and P. Clément, “Serotonin and premature ejaculation: from physiology to patient management,” European Urology, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 454–466, 2006.
- J. Clasadonte, P. Poulain, J. C. Beauvillain, and V. Prevot, “Activation of neuronal nitric oxide release inhibits spontaneous firing in adult gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons: a possible local synchronizing signal,” Endocrinology, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. 587–596, 2008.
- G. Lagoda, J. W. Muschamp, A. Vigdorchik, and E. M. Hull, “A nitric oxide synthesis inhibitor in the medial preoptic area inhibits copulation and stimulus sensitization in male rats,” Behavioral Neuroscience, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 1317–1323, 2004.
- J. Moses and E. M. Hull, “A nitric oxide synthesis inhibitor administered into the medial preoptic area increases seminal emissions in an ex copula reflex test,” Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 345–348, 1999.
- F. Sanna, S. Succu, A. Boi, M. R. Melis, and A. Argiolas, “Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors facilitate noncontact erections in male rats: site of action in the brain and mechanism of action,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 2680–2689, 2009.
- S. Ückert, S. Bazrafshan, J. E. Sonnenberg, and M. A. Kuczyk, “Effects of phosphodiesterase inhibitors on the contractile responses of isolated human seminal vesicle tissue to adrenergic stimulation,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 408–414, 2009.
- G. Corona, E. Mannucci, E. A. Jannini et al., “Hypoprolactinemia: a new clinical syndrome in patients with sexual dysfunction,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1457–1466, 2009.
- G. Corona, E. A. Jannini, L. Vignozzi, G. Rastrelli, and M. Maggi, “The hormonal control of ejaculation,” Nature Reviews Urology, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 508–519, 2012.