- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 637919, 7 pages
The IVF Outcome Counseling Based on the Model Combining DHEAS and Age in Patients with Low AMH Prior to the First Cycle of GnRH Antagonist Protocol of Ovarian Stimulation
1Department of Human Reproduction, Merkur Teaching Hospital, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
2Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Merkur Teaching Hospital, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
3Department of Biotechnology, University of Rijeka, 51 000 Rijeka, Croatia
Received 22 November 2012; Accepted 22 January 2013
Academic Editor: Stanko S. Stojilkovic
Copyright © 2013 Miro Šimun Alebić et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Templeton, J. K. Morris, and W. Parslow, “Factors that affect outcome of in-vitro fertilisation treatment,” Lancet, vol. 348, no. 9039, pp. 1402–1406, 1996.
- M. F. G. Verberg, M. J. C. Eijkemans, N. S. Macklon, E. M. E. W. Heijnen, B. C. J. M. Fauser, and F. J. Broekmans, “Predictors of ongoing pregnancy after single-embryo transfer following mild ovarian stimulation for IVF,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 1159–1165, 2008.
- S. M. Nelson, R. W. Yates, H. Lyall et al., “Anti-Müllerian hormone-based approach to controlled ovarian stimulation for assisted conception,” Human Reproduction, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 867–875, 2009.
- J. F. Oudendijk, F. Yarde, M. J. Eijkemans, F. J. Broekmans, and S. L. Broer, “The poor responder in IVF: is the prognosis always poor?: a systematic review,” Human Reproduction Update, vol. 18, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- I. A. J. Van Rooij, F. J. M. Broekmans, E. R. Te Velde et al., “Serum anti-Müllerian hormone levels: a novel measure of ovarian reserve,” Human Reproduction, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 3065–3071, 2002.
- S. M. Nelson, R. W. Yates, and R. Fleming, “Serum anti-Müllerian hormone and FSH: prediction of live birth and extremes of response in stimulated cycles—implications for individualization of therapy,” Human Reproduction, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 2414–2421, 2007.
- S. L. Broer, B. W. J. Mol, D. Hendriks, and F. J. M. Broekmans, “The role of antimullerian hormone in prediction of outcome after IVF: comparison with the antral follicle count,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 705–714, 2009.
- A. La Marca, G. Sighinolfi, D. Radi et al., “Anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) as a predictive marker in assisted reproductive technology (ART),” Human Reproduction Update, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 113–130, 2010.
- D. N. Lekamge, M. Barry, M. Kolo, M. Lane, R. B. Gilchrist, and K. P. Tremellen, “Anti-Müllerian hormone as a predictor of IVF outcome,” Reproductive BioMedicine Online, vol. 14, pp. 602–610, 2007.
- A. La Marca, S. M. Nelson, G. Sighinolfi et al., “Anti-Müllerian hormone-based prediction model for a live birth in assisted reproduction,” Reproductive BioMedicine Online, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 341–349, 2011.
- S. M. Nelson, R. A. Anderson, F. J. Broekmans, N. Raine-Fenning, R. Fleming, and A. La Marca, “Anti-Müllerian hormone: clairvoyance or crystal clear?” Human Reproduction, vol. 27, pp. 631–636, 2012.
- A. P. Yates, O. Rustamov, S. A. Roberts, et al., “Anti-Müllerian hormone-tailored stimulation protocols improve outcomes whilst reducing adverse effects and costs of IVF,” Human Reproduction, vol. 26, pp. 2353–2362, 2011.
- A. M. Wallace, S. A. Faye, R. Fleming, and S. M. Nelson, “A multicentre evaluation of the new Beckman Coulter anti-Müllerian hormone immunoassay (AMH Gen II),” Annals of Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 48, pp. 370–373, 2011.
- “CLSI Protocol EP15-A2-User verification of performance for precision and trueness,” Approved Guideline, vol. 25, no. 17, 2005.
- N. R. Cook, “Use and misuse of the receiver operating characteristic curve in risk prediction,” Circulation, vol. 115, no. 7, pp. 928–935, 2007.
- D. J. Hendriks, E. R. Te Velde, C. W. N. Looman, L. F. J. M. M. Bancsi, and F. J. M. Broekmans, “Expected poor ovarian response in predicting cumulative pregnancy rates: a powerful tool,” Reproductive BioMedicine Online, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 727–736, 2008.
- A. P. Ferraretti, A. La Marca, B. C. J. M. Fauser, B. Tarlatzis, G. Nargund, and L. Gianaroli, “ESHRE consensus on the definition of “poor response” to ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization: the Bologna criteria,” Human Reproduction, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1616–1624, 2011.
- A. Weghofer, W. Dietrich, D. H. Barad, and N. Gleicher, “Live birth chances in women with extremely low-serum anti-Mullerian hormone levels,” Human Reproduction, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1905–1909, 2011.
- T. H. Lee, C. H. Liu, C. C. Huang, K. C. Hsieh, P. M. Lin, and M. S. Lee, “Impact of female age and male infertility on ovarian reserve markers to predict outcome of assisted reproduction technology cycles,” Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, vol. 7, article 100, 2009.
- P. R. Casson, M. S. Lindsay, M. D. Pisarska, S. A. Carson, and J. E. Buster, “Dehydroepiandrosterone supplementation augments ovarian stimulation in poor responders: a case series,” Human Reproduction, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 2129–2132, 2000.
- N. Orentreich, J. L. Brind, R. L. Rizer, and J. H. Vogelman, “Age changes and sex differences in serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate concentrations throughout adulthood,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 82, pp. 2396–2402, 1997.
- F. Labrie, A. Bélanger, L. Cusan, J. L. Gomez, and B. Candas, “Marked decline in serum concentrations of adrenal C19 sex steroid precursors and conjugated androgen metabolites during aging,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 82, no. 8, pp. 2396–2402, 1997.
- D. von Mühlen, G. A. Laughlin, D. Kritz-Silverstein, and E. Barrett-Connor, “The Dehydroepiandrosterone And WellNess (DAWN) study: research design and methods,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 153–168, 2007.
- N. Gleicher and D. H. Barad, “Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) supplementation in diminished ovarian reserve (DOR),” Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, vol. 9, article 67, 2011.
- S. L. Broer, B. Mol, M. Dólleman, B. C. Fauser, and F. J. Broekmans, “The role of anti-Müllerian hormone assessment in assisted reproductive technology outcome,” Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 22, pp. 193–201, 2010.