- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 659232, 10 pages
Comparative Analysis of Clinical, Hormonal and Morphological Studies in Patients with Neuroendocrine ACTH-Producing Tumours
Endocrinological Research Center, Moscow 117036, Russia
Received 8 August 2012; Revised 19 December 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Maria Fleseriu
Copyright © 2013 G. S. Kolesnikova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Pecori Giraldi, R. Pivonello, A. G. Ambrogio et al., “The dexamethasone-suppressed corticotropin-releasing hormone stimulation test and the desmopressin test to distinguish Cushing's syndrome from pseudo-Cushing's states,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 251–257, 2007.
- E. I. Marova, N. P. Goncharov, G. S. Kolesnikova, and S. D. Arapova, “The influence of desmopressin on corticosteroid production in patients with various forms of hypercorticism,” Problemy Endokrinologii, no. 1, pp. 14–19, 2006 (Russian).
- M. Yaneva, A. Elenkova, K. Kalinov, G. Kirilov, S. Zacharieva, and M. Yaneva, “The desmopressin test in clinical practice,” Endokrinologya, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 33–41, 2006 (Bulgarian).
- J. R. Lindsay and L. K. Nieman, “Differential diagnosis and imaging in Cushing's syndrome,” Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 403–421, 2005.
- A. Colao, A. Faggiano, R. Pivonello, F. Pecori Giraldi, F. Cavagnini, and G. Lombardi, “Inferior petrosal sinus sampling in the differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome: results of an Italian multicenter study,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. 499–507, 2001.
- G. A. Kaltsas, M. G. Giannulis, J. D. C. Newell-Price et al., “A critical analysis of the value of simultaneous inferior petrosal sinus sampling in Cushing's disease and the occult ectopic adrenocorticotropin syndrome,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 487–492, 1999.
- B. Swearingen, “Diagnostic errors after inferior petrosal sinus sampling,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 89, no. 8, pp. 3752–3763, 2004.
- I. I. Dedov, Zh. E. Belaya, I. I. Sitkin, et al., “Significance of selective blood sampling from inferior petrosal sinuses for differential diagnostics of ACTH-dependent hypercorticism,” Problemy Endokrinologii, vol. 55, pp. 35–40, 2009.
- M. Marcini, T. Percelli, and A. Giustina, “Treatment of Cushing disease: overview and recent findigs,” Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, vol. 6, pp. 505–516, 2010.
- A. M. Isidori, G. A. Kaltsas, C. Pozza et al., “Extensive clinical experience—the ectopic adrenocorticotropin syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, management, and long-term follow-up,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 371–377, 2006.
- G. A. Kaltsas, G. M. Besser, and A. B. Grossman, “The diagnosis and medical management of advanced neuroendocrine tumors,” Endocrine Reviews, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 458–511, 2004.
- M. S. Zemskova, B. Gundabolu, N. Sinaii et al., “Utility of various functional and anatomic imaging modalities for detection of ectopic adrenocorticotropin-secreting tumors,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 1207–1219, 2010.
- A. Asthagiri and M. B. S. Lopes, “Neuropathological considerations of pituitary adenomas,” Frontiers of Hormone Research, vol. 34, pp. 206–235, 2006.
- V. A. LiVolsi and S. L. Asa, Endocrine Pathology, Churchill Livingstone, 2002.
- L. R. Salgado, M. C. B. Villares Fragoso, M. Knoepfelmacher et al., “Ectopic ACTH syndrome: our experience with 25 cases,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 155, no. 5, pp. 725–733, 2006.
- Al-G. Mubarak, E. Horvath, and K. Kalman, “Pituitary hyperplasia,” Hormones, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 149–158, 2003.
- L. E. Gurevich, “Diagnostics of neuroendocrine gastrointestinal tumours 2005,” Prakticheskaya Onkologiya, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 193–194.
- B. L. Wajchenberg, B. B. Mendonca, B. Liberman et al., “Ectopic adrenocorticotropic hormone syndrome,” Endocrine Reviews, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 752–787, 1994.
- H. E. Turner, Z. Nagy, K. C. Gatter, M. M. Esiri, A. L. Harris, and J. A. H. Wass, “Angiogenesis in pituitary adenomas—relationship to endocrine function, treatment and outcome,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 165, no. 2, pp. 475–481, 2000.
- H. E. Turner, A. L. Harris, Sh. Melmed, and J. A. H. Wass, “Angiogenesis in endocrine tumors,” Endocrine Reviews, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 600–632, 2003.
- N. Weidner, “Intratumor microvessel density as a prognostic factor in cancer,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 9–19, 1995.