- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 679763, 9 pages
Dysfunction of Collagen Synthesis and Secretion in Chondrocytes Induced by Wisp3 Mutation
1Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second Xiang-Ya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, China
2Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Xiang-Ya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410008, China
Received 23 December 2012; Revised 21 January 2013; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editor: Peng-Fei Shan
Copyright © 2013 Min Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. R. Hurvitz, W. M. Suwairi, W. Van Hul et al., “Mutations in the CCN gene family member WISP3 cause progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia,” Nature Genetics, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 94–98, 1999.
- B. Perbal, C. Martinerie, R. Sainson, M. Werner, B. He, and B. Roizman, “The C-terminal domain of the regulatory protein NOVH is sufficient to promote interaction with fibulin 1C: a clue for a role of NOVH in cell-adhesion signaling,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 869–874, 1999.
- Y. Nishida, T. Matsubara, T. Tobina et al., “Effect of low-intensity aerobic exercise on insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins in healthy men,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2010, Article ID 452820, 8 pages, 2010.
- B. Perbal, D. R. Brigstock, and L. F. Lau, “Report on the second international workshop on the CCN family of genes,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 80–85, 2003.
- G. W. Zuo, C. D. Kohls, B. C. He et al., “The CCN proteins: important signaling mediators in stem cell differentiation and tumorigenesis,” Histology and Histopathology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 795–806, 2010.
- A. Leask, “CCN6 (WISP3): a new anti-cancer therapy?” Journal of Cell Communication and Signaling, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 199–200, 2010.
- S. A. Al-Awadi, T. I. Farag, and K. Naguib, “Spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia tarda with progressive arthropathy,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 193–196, 1984.
- A. Dalal, G. Bhavani SL, P. P. Togarrati et al., “Analysis of the WISP3 gene in Indian families with progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia,” American Journal of Medical Genetics A, vol. 158, pp. 2820–2828, 2012.
- S. Ehl, M. Uhl, R. Berner, L. Bonafé, A. Superti-Furga, and A. Kirchhoff, “Clinical, radiographic, and genetic diagnosis of progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia in a patient with severe polyarthropathy,” Rheumatology International, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 53–56, 2004.
- J. Ye, H. W. Zhang, W. J. Qiu et al., “Patients with progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia: from clinical diagnosis to molecular studies,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 5, pp. 190–195, 2012.
- M. F. Kahn, “Chondrodysplasic rheumatism,” British Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 37, no. 8, article 917, 1998.
- E. Y. Liao, Y. Q. Peng, H. D. Zhou et al., “Gene symbol: WISP3. Disease: spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia tarda with progressive arthropathy,” Human Genetics, vol. 115, no. 2, article 169, 2004.
- E. Y. Liao, Y. Q. Peng, H. D. Zhou et al., “Gene symbol: WISP3. Disease: spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia tarda with progressive arthropathy,” Human Genetics, vol. 115, no. 2, article 174, 2004.
- Y. Q. Peng, E. Y. Liao, H. M. Gu et al., “Pathology and molecular pathogenesis of spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia tarda with progressive arthropathy caused by compound CCN6 heterogeneous gene mutations,” Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi, vol. 84, no. 21, pp. 1796–1803, 2004.
- H. D. Zhou, Y. H. Bu, Y. Q. Peng et al., “Cellular and molecular responses in progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia articular cartilage associated with compound heterozygous WISP3 gene mutation,” Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 85, no. 9, pp. 985–996, 2007.
- A. Pal, W. Huang, X. Li, K. A. Toy, Z. Nikolovska-Coleska, and C. G. Kleer, “CCN6 modulates BMP signaling via the Smad-independent TAK1/p38 pathway, acting to suppress metastasis of breast cancer,” Cancer Research, vol. 72, pp. 4818–4828, 2012.
- W. Huang, M. E. Gonzalez, K. A. Toy, M. Banerjee, and C. G. Kleer, “Blockade of CCN6 (WISP3) activates growth factor-independent survival and resistance to anoikis in human mammary epithelial cells,” Cancer Research, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 3340–3350, 2010.
- Q. H. Liang, Y. Jiang, X. Zhu et al., “Ghrelin attenuates the osteoblastic differentiation of vascular smooth muscle cells through the ERK pathway,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 4, Article ID e33126, 2012.
- C. G. Kleer, Y. Zhang, and S. D. Merajver, “CCN6 (WISP3) as a new regulator of the epithelial phenotype in breast cancer,” Cells Tissues Organs, vol. 185, no. 1–3, pp. 95–99, 2007.
- A. Katsumi, E. A. Tuley, I. Bodo, and J. E. Sadler, “Localization of disulfide bonds in the cystine knot domain of human von Willebrand factor,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 33, pp. 25585–25594, 2000.
- W. E. Kutz, Y. Gong, and M. L. Warman, “WISP3, the gene responsible for the human skeletal disease progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia, is not essential for skeletal function in mice,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 414–421, 2005.
- M. B. Goldring, J. R. Birkhead, L. F. Suen et al., “Interleukin-1β-modulated gene expression in immortalized human chondrocytes,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 2307–2316, 1994.
- B. Perbal, “NOV (nephroblastoma overexpressed) and the CCN family of genes: structural and functional issues,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 57–79, 2001.